* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

RE: Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal

I never realy noticed it was way bigger then it used to, but it was there when i joined the server and its the first time someone brought it up.
Is it like 5x5 radius? If so it's not that big of a difference.

I voted to not change it.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
07-04-2007 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user
Squall Offline
~SupAh FlY~

wtf o_o that was so werid

07-04-2007 12:27 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

The current range is way to big. Gravity changed the range for a reason. In the past one priest or one wiz can sit at a choke point and completely stop all cloaking classes from sneaking into a castle. In fact a priest or wiz can ruwach/sight from the other side of a wall and cover two paths. That's not right. Gravity tries to keep the game balanced. What the GMs did unbalanced the game. Customs on the server is fine. When you start messing with skills that everyone is accustomed to it makes it less fun to play. Panda said that she hadn't really heard any complaints up until now. The reason for that is because we didn't know you had intentionally increased the sight/ruwach range. I always thought it was due to the outdated SVN. If I had known you had changed it (even if it wasn't your decision) I would have asked for another change back to the official range earlier. There is a certain degree of familiarity to RO. One of the things is that in almost all servers the non-custom items and skills are the same from server to server. You expect them to work one way and they always work that same way. Gravity nerfs things in order to keep the game balanced. It is time to topple the unbalanced ruwach/sight. Keep the game balanced.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
07-04-2007 12:35 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Or how about-! You keep the range. But cloaked units can stay inside of ruwach / sight for 5 seconds before actually having the skill take effect. That's unfair? Yeah, kind of like that whole big range thing. ;oP I figure one unfair buff / nerf for another should even things out.

I always assumed the skills were "broken" too. There's always been a lot of bugs with skills after all.

So let's really think about this. What MVPs hide / cloak? Well, GTB. Is he hard to find when he does? Not really, he just hides and sits there. Range won't matter. In normal PvM, moles hide. But they don't move either, so at most you'd have to take a few steps to find them. This change has really no effect on the ability for sight / ruwach users in PvM. However, this is a nerf to cloak users in PvM and PvP. Not so much PvM, but in bios 3, being uncloaked means instant death most of the time.

In WoE, sneaking past people is rarely an option. If the other team has half a brain, it *is* never an option. It only takes *one* sight or ruwach in order to make sure no one gets past, ever. Take the emp rooms in WoE, for instance. There's usually narrow paths of some kind. Alde, has a spiral sort of shape. Standing on the inner ring ruwach can not only cover the entire path one is on, but reach over to the other side a substantial amount and cover a portion of that path as well.

Personally, I hope it gets changed so an assassin or rogue in the emp room is actually a concern again. As it is now, it's just "Oh hey, someone is here. Just spam sight and they'll never get anywhere alive.", Even if they're changed to their original values..it'll still be that way mostly. But at least they stand a chance to sneak past like they're meant to. Icon_wink

Just my opinion. And this is speaking mostly from the ruwach / sight user side. I do have a Sin X, but as most people can verify they've seen me a lot more on other characters in WoE- always armed with a sight clip.
07-04-2007 01:42 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Eldakar Wrote:Is it like 5x5 radius? If so it's not that big of a difference.

5x5 is more than double then 3x3.

5x5 is 25 square covered by runwach and 3x3 is 9 square.

5x5 area instead of 3x3 almost triple the area covered by runwach, and this is really too big imo.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
07-04-2007 01:50 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

RE:??Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal

Kadar Wrote:The current range is way to big.??Gravity changed the range for a reason.??In the past one priest or one wiz can sit at a choke point and completely stop all cloaking classes from sneaking into a castle.??In fact a priest or wiz can ruwach/sight from the other side of a wall and cover two paths.??That's not right.??Gravity tries to keep the game balanced.??What the GMs did unbalanced the game.??Customs on the server is fine.??When you start messing with skills that everyone is accustomed to it makes it less fun to play.??Panda said that she hadn't really heard any complaints up until now.??The reason for that is because we didn't know you had intentionally increased the sight/ruwach range.??I always thought it was due to the outdated SVN.??If I had known you had changed it (even if it wasn't your decision) I would have asked for another change back to the official range earlier.??There is a certain degree of familiarity to RO.??One of the things is that in almost all servers the non-custom items and skills are the same from server to server.??You expect them to work one way and they always work that same way.??Gravity nerfs things in order to keep the game balanced.??It is time to topple the unbalanced ruwach/sight.??Keep the game balanced.

Amen

this is not negative either I don't mean to be rude or impolite at all... but yeah make a pvp rogue then fight off against new sight.. you'll see how hard it is to have to walk 25 cells around a char just to run up and bactstab even though the second you get close you appear.. and uhm one thing that hasn't been adressed much since its rarely used is.. Sightless mind skill only useable from hiding.. this Skill cannot even be used in WoE anymore/very rarely!!!! two people with sight at two places in an emp room pretty much covers this very good skill. and yeah hide/tunnel Drive is all a rogue really has.. most of there skills are made to use from HIDE stealth really doesn't do much appart from give you a free chance to run away since you can't really attack from it..

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
07-04-2007 02:42 PM
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

i agree with everyone who disagrees :D
07-04-2007 02:46 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

oh and don't mean to second post sorry but yeah.. its gotten so bad hunters and snipers use sight clip.. thats just.. wow.. sad /sob and yeah sins could still hit you if you got them 3 cells away.. but a sniper with 5x5 cell sweep all I can say is.. gl sins and rogues

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
07-04-2007 02:48 PM
Iduncare Offline
<3 Holy Krap

meh that happened on my old server, but everyone got used to it. sins/sinx/rogues didnt hide near people and they actually planned their attack out, and since sight/ruwatch doesnt last for forever, you can attack when its finished.... unless they keep spamming it, but either way you have an advantage
07-04-2007 02:54 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I'm mainly PVM so either way wouldn't affect me much until I get into @duel
07-04-2007 03:02 PM
Thread Closed