Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

RE: Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal

I voted yes.

I don't have any character which is priest/wizard or rogue/sin but I believe that the range is too wide.

I understand pandora's point about having no time to see the opponent coming but I think this is also part of the game. Both the assassin and rogue are classes that have stealted attack abilities and if a single player can cover 36 squares, it makes it quite hard for both class to use the full potential of their skills.

As an example, the priest and mages are both automatically immune to backstab, one of the rogue strongest ability when it comes to damage. Further than that, if a wizard is standing in the middle of the party or lets say near the emp with its full guild protecting it, its impossible for a rogue to use that skill. Not only is a 1pt ability that every wizard/priest have is blocking a 5pt ability from rogue but also with its range doubled, it makes it just impossible to use backstab on the spellcaster and its allies.

If the wizards or priests are scared to be attacked by a sin or a rogue they should stick together and form a barrier, thats what we used to do on the server we played on before.

I also understand that now there are assassin cross and if they get close to you its doom, but that is still part of their game. I won't be touched by this decision but I still believe that the range should be lowered if not returned to its normal value.

Maybe 4 square instead of 6?

This is only my opinion as a player.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
07-05-2007 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

You want to tell me how can a single wizard defeat a SD SinX when they can SD out of Sight's range and then just hide again to repeat the same process? I've seen people do up to 8k SDs on other players. How is a wiz supposed to survive that bs?
07-05-2007 12:47 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

It isn't supposed to.

One class cannot and isnt supposed to defeat all.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
07-05-2007 12:59 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

RE:??Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal

Bloody Wrote:You want to tell me how can a single wizard defeat a SD SinX when they can SD out of Sight's range and then just hide again to repeat the same process? I've seen people do up to 8k SDs on other players. How is a wiz supposed to survive that bs?

Welcome to the gayness of Sd sins we all go through it.. my advice DEAL WITH IT!

and you wanna know how a wiz can get through it... hmm its called a??little originality.. if you try the same trick over and over and over again how do you expect to defeat anyone after a point? I could give a pointer but meh as you said in an earlier post Bloody its no one's buisness lol. maybe wizards should relook there skill tree's and see the skills they actually have ./swt sorry about the rant I'm an ex-Wizard

and you maiden voted no right? hmm maybe cause you both have ruwatch and sight? lol *just imagine a rogue with a 6k backstab through all reduction you think he's gonna want it back to 2.5k? I doubt it..

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2007 01:39 PM by Sekaru.)
07-05-2007 01:34 PM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Bloody, you contradicted yourself when you said why you voted was none of anyone's business, and then 2 posts later, there you are explaining yourself.

Oh well, at any rate, why do you think stealth bypasses ground cast spells? Wizards are meant to have a disadvantage against Assassin cross. Would you want all of the Sage skills to be nerfed just so your wizard could be even more powerful?

Skills just shouldn't be tampered with. If you are 1 shotted by a soul destroyer you didn't stand a chance to begin with. A strong and smart high wizard could kill an assassin cross. Since assassin cross has the advantage though, it's supposed to be difficult.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-05-2007 01:35 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

My "None of your business" post was for the kids crying about the people who voted no without posting why they voted no.

Then I didn't explain myself, I asked a question. I barely play my wiz, I prefer playing my LK who has no business with Sight or Hiding. But here is something nice:

SinX killing most classes in 1 SD or EDPing and 3 hits later you have a dead <Insert class name here>

Sight/Ruwach revealing hidden Sins or Rogues from some cells further away.

I wonder which of those two is worse? Do you want a poll to see how many people hate cheap overpowered sinx skills? But no one is really crying about it and making polls to change it. How about we all stop being such crybabies and learn to deal with things the way they are? Go play iRO and complain about bugged shit, see if any GM gives a flying f*** what you think or say, and they'll still suck your money. You play for free here and Pandora is very considerate to you. Instead of making things easy for her you whine, cry and bitch all day and night to force her into changing things. Maybe the way Panda reacted to this would be different if this was in the suggestions forums ASKING Panda to consider changing Ruwach and Sight instead of ORDERING her to do it with the majority of votes.

But here is the bottom line: No is winning, yey Cry

Quote:It isn't supposed to.

One class cannot and isnt supposed to defeat all.
If that's what you??really think, you have much more to learn about RO.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2007 02:33 PM by Bloody.)
07-05-2007 02:30 PM
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

I always thought that Rogues were meant to be Wiz-killers. I mean, other than Silencing them it is hard to kill them. Backstab seems like it was meant to drop lower HP Wizes and others, but my idea was wrong I suppose, I tested many a time to be outed from hiding in just enough time to be FD/JT'ed.

I will say I think it is a bit extreme to have the range doubled. I know Wizes are there to unhide people at Chokepoints, but that is a bit too much range in my opinion.

If Ruwach/Sight wasn't so awesome, would everyone and their mother still want to have Sight clips?

Alexavier for example fears little. Maybe with a Sight nerf, he'll be a bit more scared.

Instead of Sight being Nerfed, could Rogues get Ankle Snare to make up for it? <_<;;

Broken/Busted/Retired

[Image: Headbang---Name.gif]
07-05-2007 02:35 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

@ Bloody -> u make me lol

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2007 02:46 PM by Général_Argos.)
07-05-2007 02:43 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

RE:??Change Sight & Ruwatch to normal

[quote=Bloody]
Do you want a poll to see how many people hate cheap overpowered sinx skills? But no one is really crying about it and making polls to change it. How about we all stop being such crybabies and learn to deal with things the way they are?
[quote]

hmm Self burn much?

the way the real things are is 3x3 cells

so lol

and sinx edp you can't really whine about make some edp then talk lol..

p.s if you don't have sight or ruwatch or are affected by it why'd you vote? lol curious

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2007 02:48 PM by Sekaru.)
07-05-2007 02:44 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

This is why I didn't like this poll in the first place, it just turns into a 6 pages rant about this class vs this class. Do we really need more division and arguying on this server? *sigh*

Edit: On a side note, I'm somehow not surprised when I see who came and posted. It seems the same people who enjoy arguying.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-05-2007 02:50 PM
Thread Closed