• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please be nice to newcomer!
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Please be nice to newcomer!

Well said Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-04-2007 11:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

If someone doesn't know the answer its alright to not give it since any false information will mislead the player. But I don't find it funny at all to call someone 'noob' just because they are looking for help at the beginning of the game.

I believe that this kind of attitude should be concidered the same way as 'insulting' an other player only because they are new to the server or to the game, which is forbidden by the server rules.

What do you think of it Pandora?

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
07-04-2007 11:24 AM
Kojiro Offline
こじろ Dream Chaser

GM-Aegis Wrote:If someone doesn't know the answer its alright to not give it since any false information will mislead the player. But I don't find it funny at all to call someone 'noob' just because they are looking for help at the beginning of the game.

I believe that this kind of attitude should be concidered the same way as 'insulting' an other player only because they are new to the server or to the game, which is forbidden by the server rules.

I agree with you GM-Aegis, it's not nice to be called 'noob' without reason.
I don't remember who was, but one time i was at a new char, still novice and someone said "look! someone poorer than me :D"
wtf... Thinking

"Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it"
IGN: Shin - lvl 8x Hunter.
- The Rekinjutsu Way Guild.

Vote for heRO!~
Ok
- http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1961
07-04-2007 11:33 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

GM-Aegis Wrote:If someone doesn't know the answer its alright to not give it since any false information will mislead the player. But I don't find it funny at all to call someone 'noob' just because they are looking for help at the beginning of the game.

i understand the purpose Aegis and i agree with the idea but you dont wanna open up that can of worms. You'd have screenshots and constant complaints with some people blowing the whole thing outta whack just for the word noob.Seems like micromanagement and sounds like a whole lot of police work involved just to figure out if it was a insult or not.The word noob is part of internet gameing vocabulary wether we like it or not.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
07-04-2007 11:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Well, I don't wanna go on a rampage and mute/jail/ban everyone, but I think a collective effort wouldn't hurt ^_^

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-04-2007 01:08 PM
Yetipunk Offline

"at my pants". Not funny; Juvenile.

coocoocachoo
07-04-2007 04:54 PM
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

It should be no labor to be nice to your neighbor. Icon_razz

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
07-04-2007 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
truthhurts Offline

it's not funny to namine cos shes a girl D;
07-05-2007 03:11 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

truthhurts Wrote:it's not funny to namine cos shes a girl D;

Let's all make a club that talks about Mr. Truthhurts all day and all night~ Funny sayings will come out of it for sure, which will be funny for everyone but Mr. Truthhurts, perhaps, but all is justified because he does not like it only because he is Mr. Truthhurts. Everyone else finds it to be entertaining, hm?

If "not funny + potentially offensive if used as a response to a question" is not the correct approach, then is "this joke is purely sexist as a man said that it's not funny for a girl because she is a girl" valid?

Not trying to pick up a war or anything for Namin?, but surely there are girls who find it hilarious laughing on the floor already, and there are also guys who are just looking at that line, and nothing clicks at all as well.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-05-2007 03:34 AM