Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Not sure of what class to start...
Ashe Offline
Down with the Pants, Up with the Kilts!

RE: Not sure of what class to start...

o.o; This sounds like a fun class, but what about Taekwon?

[Image: ashesignature.png]
You wouldn't want to run into me in a dark allyway. ^.~

-Characters-
Ashe The Something - xx/xx Archer
Zensa - xx/x - Novice to be Rogue.
Albiero - xx/x - Novice to be Monk.
07-04-2007 04:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Taekwon has the problem of SP, which is what Mr. Ashe wants to avoid. If sir is not a ranker (which is possible to achieve, but will certainly take awhile to, along with competing to maintain it afterward), the kicks will certainly use up a very high amount of SP very fast. In Namine's opinion, Taekwon really needs its kicks to deal high damage, but it is not the end of the world for a combo monk since trifecta is a passive and can deal a very respectable damage.

Personally, Namine thinks that Mild Wind (definitely, the best ability for TK) may not worth all the free buffs, teleports, and heals. In the end, sir is only missing holy attack since the elemental fists will cover 4 of the 7 mild wind... ghost and dark are not used very often, so it is only holy (which an allied Priest will be glad to fix)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-04-2007 04:39 PM
Ashe Offline

I see, I'll be making a combo monk. Any suggestions on what stats I should use to level while acolyte?

-Characters-
07-04-2007 04:41 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Heal bomb acolyte are certainly the fastest (pneuma and kill firelock). You do however need to save money for the reset that will be needed once you switch monk.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-04-2007 04:49 PM
Ashe Offline

RE:??Not sure of what class to start...

GM-Pandora Wrote:Heal bomb acolyte are certainly the fastest (pneuma and kill firelock). You do however need to save money for the reset that will be needed once you switch monk.
Ah, I see. Thanks Pandora. :3 I guess I'll get in game and start leveling, and I'll be using the @main feature to be asking questions. ._.

-Characters-
07-04-2007 04:51 PM
Former-GM-Aegis Offline
Judge Master Ægis

I think you underestimate the Taekwon class Namine. Even if you're not a ranker, each kick uses up to 2sp if boosted to level 7 so the sp lost is barely visible.

What uses the most sp is the jump ability which you will surely find useful in emperium wars and in maps like GL_Steps or Mild Wind which is overall one of the strongest and most versatile ability in the game (It let you chose the elemental of your attacks between water/wind/fire/earth/ghost/shadow/holy). Needless to say that with this ability, your character can freely go into any dungeon and beat any kind of monsters as long as a healer is with you.

The taekwon class doesn't need to rely only on kick skill, usually a normal unarmed attack will deal around 150~300 damage at a speed often over 175. Which means even if you're out of sp you can still dish out a lot of damage. They also have the ability to use concentration/awakening and berserk potions to increase that speed.

Now comes the hardest yet the most rewarding part of the character. Taekwon have something called 'Taekwondo Missions' which is a skill that you will need to have in order to become a 'Ranker'. This skill will ask you to kill 100 of 1 kind of monster, if you feel that this kind of monster is too strong you can use the skill again with 1% chance that the monster will change (as long as your score is still 0/100). By typing /taekwon , you will see the other top 10 rankers. If you can do enough missions to get into the top 10, you will get a very strong boost to your abilities:

1. All kicks will be usable with 1 click, no need for the 15% trigger like before.
2. Your hp and sp will be tripled.

Both of those things alone makes taekwon class close to a trancendant class even tho most trans are stronger in their ways.

When it comes to WoE (In case you like fighting other players), taekwon won't do a good job when fighting knights or crusader since they have very high armor and you hit them with your strength alone. But when it comes to all the other classes, taekwon is good to take out ranged attackers. Using his flying kick ability and jump he can instantly get to mages/archers alike and swipe them with a storm of kicks. This will dispose of most ranged unless they get support from someone or a trick up their sleeve (pest card).

Overall its a good class, fun to play, the most challenging is to get to ranker but you don't have to if you don't feel like it, you can always go for star gladiator or soul linker if you want a change. Star is very dependant on Soul so its not a class I suggest unless your girlfriend or a very good friend is soul linker. As for soul linker, its an expert monster killer with close to no ability in pvp so its good if you only want to hunt down monsters.

Hope these info will help.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
07-05-2007 09:17 AM
Len Offline
I have a custom title.

Well, the thing with TK's is that they're a lot of work. It's not just leveling -- It's doing the missions. You have to kill 100 monsters to get one point, and right now, the lowest number of points required is 23, and that's not even mentioning that the people who're rankers will still be doing the missions, and they'll have an easier time doing them. TK's are strong, but you need to play for hours a day just to keep up with the competition. @__@;

One of the really cheap things about rankers [on my former server] is that you have a really high ASPD if you're a ranker because you basically attack as fast as you hit the button due to the very low cooldown time of the kicks. @_@;
07-05-2007 01:22 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

The ASPD is not a concern, since all the other fighting melee class can basically do the same thing... Mr. McKay is a knight (not LK) and he can almost hit the ASPD cap solo with the proper equipment setup. Namine does not regard that as any issue or concern to be honest~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-05-2007 01:30 PM
Len Offline
I have a custom title.

Sweat Want to help my knight hit 190 ASPD? Haha.

The only way I can think of is getting a Katana, getting four doppels, 99 AGI and 2H Quicken. Thinking
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2007 05:56 PM by Len.)
07-05-2007 05:55 PM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

With high agi you could easily get near 190 without any dopples. You certainly would never need more than 1.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-06-2007 02:43 AM