Meh
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!

It's a sure thing that AFK leveling will be forbiden. Homunculus can be "programable", it's not an external bot or macro, gravity made it this way as far as i know. As for playing with their damage, unhiding/uncloacking, i'll see if there is an option to change it, but if it's not an option I can't go into the emulator code to change it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-05-2007 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yetipunk Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:It's a sure thing that AFK leveling will be forbiden.

That is why I like you and the heRO server. You say it how it is and thats how I like it.

coocoocachoo
07-05-2007 06:09 PM
HolyMunk Offline

mabey they can program it to not level as quickly..but yet still have it?
07-06-2007 04:15 AM
Len Offline
I have a custom title.

Nay -- Creators are already overpowered as it is. [Acid Demo]
07-08-2007 01:54 PM
Ashe Offline
Down with the Pants, Up with the Kilts!

Acid demo gets nerfed MVP wise soon, so... meh. Less vit = less damage. I think that's how it goes anyway.

[Image: ashesignature.png]
You wouldn't want to run into me in a dark allyway. ^.~

-Characters-
Ashe The Something - xx/xx Archer
Zensa - xx/x - Novice to be Rogue.
Albiero - xx/x - Novice to be Monk.
07-08-2007 02:08 PM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

Saying no to homunculus would be putting the server in general at a huge disadvantage when up against servers that have it. It's 100% certain we will have it. Panda already has it up on the log of things to do.

At any rate, there are skills that must be learned that go along with your homunculus. These skills will take away from other skills a Creator has. Having these skills + Acid demo + the skills nessisary to make pots will take a huge chunk out of their skill points. Forcing creators to make some different choices than they are used to will help make them alittle less cheap in my opinion.

I've yet to see homunculus in action though, so I'll reserve judgement until then.

Edit: Do you have a skill list for Homunculus that I dont? I've never heard of a skill that lets them do 800k dmg. All I've heard of are vague descriptions of what role they play in general. You're going to have to show me this, and screenshots on an official server before I believe it. If you are taking this from another server, that server probably doesn't have the official version of homunculus.

I could be wrong, but that sounds really fishy.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2007 03:22 PM by Salvosa.)
07-08-2007 03:19 PM
Ashe Offline
Down with the Pants, Up with the Kilts!

It's the skill for filir named ssbr44, at a high level of homunculus, it can do about 1k/ each point of intimacy. So if a player had 500 intimacy points, it can do 500k damage etc. I'll see if I can get my friends screenshot of the damage it did.

[Image: ashesignature.png]
You wouldn't want to run into me in a dark allyway. ^.~

-Characters-
Ashe The Something - xx/xx Archer
Zensa - xx/x - Novice to be Rogue.
Albiero - xx/x - Novice to be Monk.
07-08-2007 03:39 PM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

1. What is the cap for intimacy points

2. How do you get intimacy points

3. How long does it take to get 1 point, (probably connected to question 2)

If this was probable, it seems like I'd have heard of it. The only skill I've seen of homunculus does 600% dmg. The website was in another language though, so I cant really tell what the actual formula is.

Do you have an accurate list of homunculus skills? Is this friend on an official server?

So many questions, so little time.

I'd like to know as much about this skill as possible. It sounds horrendous but it would be unlike gravity to add such a powerful skill without there being a powerful side effect. Like it killng your homunculus in the process or something.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-09-2007 01:25 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

There is a side effect. You sacrafice intimacy points to do it. I researched it myself after hearing about all of this. So it comes down to the questions you asked to figure out if it's overpowered or not. For instance, if in order to do 500K damage, it takes away all your intimacy points and takes a long time to build them back up. Then I see no problem with it. It would be like an asura with a week-long cool down. Once a week? Big deal. Even once a day or once a hour wouldn't be so bad. However, if you could recover it within 5 seconds(doubtful), I could understand why it may be a tad overwhelming.

Another thing to keep in mind, is only ONE homunculus actually *CAN* gets this skill. The others do not. And it still takes up skill points to invest into the skill. (Edit to clarify this paragraph.)

So we'll see how it works out.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2007 10:17 AM by Alexander.)
07-09-2007 10:16 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Perhaps Namine should look into this particular skill...

It does not seem to be 1k damage for each intimacy, but 300... Maximum intimacy is 1000, so the maximum damage is 300,000. Damage is reducible by vit defense, like any other attack.

Namine will copy and paste from a website about feeding...

Feeding and Intimacy

Much like pets, Homunculus require feeding. Feed the Homunculus when its hunger is between 11~25 to get 1 full point of intimacy. Feeding at the other times will give less than a full point and may even reduce the intimacy. If one forgets to feed the Homunculus, its intimacy will decrease, and it will leave the master if it goes below zero intimacy.

* 1~10% Hunger - .5 Intimacy
* 11~25% Hunger - 1 Intimacy
* 26%~75% Hunger - .75 Intimacy
* 76%~90% Hunger - (minus) .05 Intimacy
* 91%~100% Hunger - (minus) .5 Intimacy

Intimacy is crucial for evolution, obtaining the final skill, and AFKing. Intimacy has not been proven to affect Homunculus stat growth. Intimacy points will not show in the Homunculus window. However for each interval of inimacy points the Homunculus has, the window will show:

* 0-3= Hate with a passion
* 4-10 = Hate
* 11-100 = Awkward
* 101-250 = Shy
* 251-750 = Neutral
* 751-910 = Cordial
* 911-1000 = Loyal

<><><>

Self Destruction on the Vanilmirth sounds slightly more damaging since it bypasses defense, even if it's multiplier is only x2 while SBR44 is x300... Self Destruct will simply attack for Vanilmirth's maximum hp x 2, but bypass defense with a AoE effect of 5x5 as well... Both skill reset intimacy to a near minimum of 2.

Seems that the ultimate attack is such a one-time thing that it is hardly worth considering that to be the reason for homunculus to be imbalanced... However, homunculus can still do other things that make them difficult to consider if they are an overall helpful or harmful to heRO or not~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-09-2007 10:28 AM