Meh
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

RE: Homunculus, Yay! or Nay!

This is precicely what I was expecting to hear. Thanks alot Namine and Alexander.

Very interesting info.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-09-2007 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Do not forget though... when the homunculus reaches maximum intimacy, and if the alchemist uses the Stone of Sage to evolve it to its adult form, then the AFK leveling kicks in... (AFK is sort of mentioned, though not emphasized, in her previous copy+paste statements)

Though it may take awhile to reach full intimacy, evolve (evolving resets intimacy) and reach full intimacy again, but once that is done, it is legalized botting day and night at its current stand.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-09-2007 02:11 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Perhaps miss namine did not read the part where afk leveling will be forbidden on this server?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-09-2007 02:49 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

GM-Pandora Wrote:Perhaps miss namine did not read the part where afk leveling will be forbidden on this server?

*nods nods*

Hence why the default Homunculus cannot be left untouched Laugh

Err... but how is Ms. Pandora going to change it Icon_suprised

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-09-2007 02:57 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

At first glance I'd say that Miss Pandora is going to change the rules listed for the server? And anyone doing afk leveling with homun is going to be jailed/ban as with botters.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-09-2007 03:00 PM
Mystic Offline
Legal Assassin

So, besides the AFK lvling ban, there will be no AI programs either? Or are AI programs OK if they dont Autofeed? I mean, the AI folder was made by Gravity FOR the HOAI.. There's even a /hoai command in game to customize the AI for it... So entirely banning AI programs wouldnt be an option would it? Maybe we should have an approved list of AI programs if they are implemented?

[Image: BeheBanner.jpg]

MysticwarrioR ~ Scholar ~ Behemoth
Waldo Jebediah Oswald ~ Rogue ~ Eorum Nox
07-10-2007 12:31 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

AI programs are a thing I am looking for o_o. Just ban the afk lvling and thats enough. Anyway without AI program I eard that the homunculus do ks.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
07-10-2007 12:59 PM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

AI is something alot of people are looing forward to. Me included. I'm really excited to see what I can do with it.

Make it so that the creature tells me when it's hungry unlike the retarded regular pets that will go hungry and say nothing? I'm sure gonna give it a try.

Make it so that the pet feeds itself? Nah, that sounds like it would take all the fun out of having a pet.

I'm no exactly sure what the limits are on what you can program Homunculus to do, but it sounds like these may actually resemble real pets, as opposed to the lazy freeloaders that all other classes are resigned to.

Cant wait, cant wait Laugh

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-10-2007 01:24 PM
Mystic Offline
Legal Assassin

They can easily KS if they are set to Aggressive using the basic Gravity AI, so the Alchemist must watch it VERY closely; otherwise they will be reported for KS then eventually AFK lvling.

The AI can do lots of things. I had one on my first server which also used Alchemist skills (Only Cart Revo, Cold Bolt, or Fire Bolt from weapons, and Potion Pitcher at a user-given-Manual-AI-Set lvl)

It can also change how the homun behaves against certain monsters, you can go in and manually tell it "Dont kill Skeletons, Mushrooms, or Plants, just Zombies and Poporings" and it will do just that even if its on Aggressive.

You can give it a Patrol Route as well to follow so it can reach outside your view for possible monsters; though it might get stuck x_x.

So yeah, AI's are pretty nice to help lvling, but some people will think them unfair. Just last night i was having a debate with someone about why Homun was implemented... Imo it was for potter Alchemists that cant attack anything at all on official servers, sounds logical right? And Homunculus takes the Alchemist's Job exp to lvl up. If you lvl with a Homun, no more Job exp for you,so thats the drawback.

[Image: BeheBanner.jpg]

MysticwarrioR ~ Scholar ~ Behemoth
Waldo Jebediah Oswald ~ Rogue ~ Eorum Nox
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2007 02:26 PM by Mystic.)
07-10-2007 02:21 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

MY problems with homunculous stem more into pvp and woe than anything else. They do not bother me in the pvm aspects. I will now explain why :]

Okay first off with homunculous in pvp and woe they can follow those who are cloaking, this makes it extremely easy to then be sighted by a creator or alchy or anyone else with a sight/ruwatch/any other detecting ability.

Secondly, the creature is formless and thus you will have to deal with in pvp and woe now a formless creature along with a demi human. In pvp this causes severe problems because they always do full dmg.

As far as I know the professor skill "spider web" or aka "fiber lock" does not work on homunculous, thus it cannot be trapped through this skill. I need to test with actual regular traps that hunters get to see if it affects them, but I do not know when I can perform such a test so if someone can confirm or not on this please tell.

Homunculous are not targetable like normal players. You try to target them it does not make a ring like it will with players on skills, it only shows a atk icon *the sword* In woe this means you cannot fully target like you can a player or even the emperium.

Homunculous can get under an emperium and start to atk it, and without being able to lock onto them like other players makes it nearly impossible to kill them.

Alchemists already have Acid Demo added to them in pvp along with slim pitcher pitch, and regular potion pitch, these allow the creator to deal massive dmg, heal any taken to him very easily. With the homunculous also dealing dmg in pvp that most classes simply cannot handle.

I understand the game is about a team aspect, but in the ToH are we forbidding the homonculous because it is like gaining an extra player that is very deadly.

Vanilmirth is the most powerful homunculous of them all, he is fast, deals a lot of dmg with his bolts, and has a very powerful final move. Fillir and Lif are absolutely terrible overall *fillir doesn't get enough life and Life doesn't really add much to what an alchemist already can do* and amistir is a wonderful tank.

Well hopefully all this is taken into thought when we implement homunculous. I would like homunculous to be on the server but I do not want them to cause inbalance in pvp and woe over it. If worse must come to worse a banning in pvp and woe should occur.
07-10-2007 03:48 PM