Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
rate my crusader build!
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

RE: rate my crusader build!

It's still worth the on point, in my opinion. Then again, I ALWAYS go to level 50. So for me it is a point well spent, since everything else is pretty well covered.

As for sp, this is the cost of playing a sp inefficient class. Fortunately, this server has fish. Due to the status effects though, I'd reccomend using them only between battles.

Ugh, why does crusader have to be so complicated?

I'm thinking of switching to a GC build too. Relying on mages to level with is seriously trying my patience. The thing is, I love pvp, and I like to work pvp in even early on. I'm finding though, that crusader is very unlike knight, in that a knight can pvp and level efficiently at the same time, wheras a crusader cant. I may as well not try to do the impossible, at the cost of getting totally frustrated.

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-13-2007 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Namine always thought that swordie is a class where even job 50 is not enough to grab everything that is deemed "necessary" (really, only archers and some merchants sort of get the benefit of skipping a few job levels in 1st job class and still be fine in 2-1 and 2-2, and not sure about thief). Who knows, maybe 3 Endure really is enough already, but Namine always thought that its duration is sort of short... Then again, not someone to comment as she never played it, due to her dislike of melee class... If Namine is using a melee class, then she is either asked to do it, or find no other way to do something but forced to use a melee class...

How come Mr. Salvosa is relying on mages to level as a crusader? She is most likely missing something here...

Not sure how, but sometimes people do work it out for GC Crusader to enter PvP situations. Namine recalls that once back in Aldebaran castle, a well played Crusader always manage to pull off his Grand Cross to hit 4 defenders or more at once to cause massive damage to the pre-casting back row casters and archer classes =o Uncertain if the same thing can be done even half as easily for GC-Paladins to be on the offensive with Grand Cross in Trans environment, but at least let's say, someone has tried to "do the impossible"~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-13-2007 02:19 PM
n3xus Offline

gc paladins are decent in pvp. krim is a gc pally if u didn't notice. and i used a gc sader in pvp/woe too.

and yeah as a gc sader, it's pretty much a big priority to one-hit raydrics. it becomes so much faster and safer when u can. i used an andre haedo and some int equips to get there. the peco ride is great for added weight capacity even without cav mastery since gc is your main attack skill anyway. also if u provoke a monster, gc will do more damage. but it only does more damage on the first hit. it'll be pretty hard to voke all the raydrics around u in a circle tho until u get used to it.

maxing endure is definitely nice for some added protection. while sword mastery adds a little bit of extra gc damage, i prefer voke and endure.

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
07-13-2007 11:08 PM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

The damage formula on grand cross is weird. As Nexus said, provoke will increase damage (weapons that pierce defense will too). However, the effect only applies to the damage inflicted by your melee attack. GC is (melee atk + magic atk) * 5 when maxed. I actually found, when I got my special spear, that it gave me better GC damage than haedonggum, with less weapon damage and losing an matk tier. Though I think I also had about 30 str at the time, so the physical defense made a slightly larger difference than it would for you.

And since holy cross was brought up, I thought the same when I was new to GC. But the pathetic str of an int-dex build makes it not worthwhile, particularly if you're mobbing. 300-400 holy cross for 20 SP on one target = bleh. I ended up replacing that hotkey with lv 1 GC because it was a quicker and cheaper option for finishing things off.

I really don't know how GC works out in PVP, but for PVM and levelling it's very addictive. I know I was able to make a veritable fortune just by hanging around glast, killing things 2-3 at a time, while getting exp faster than quicken build. The two downsides are the unpredictability, and the SP cost. With three mobs hitting you, and in an area like glast castle, things can go south right quick. I always carried good fish for HP and SP recovery, and used them alot, still died from time to time. But it's always exciting!

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
07-13-2007 11:24 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

correct me if i am mistaken but if i am correct GC's self damage is fairly much concerned with the melee damage that you inflict since it count as still as neutral while the magic counterpart is holy (which is dealt with using the skill faith). thus that is the main reason to have lower str. therefore there is not really a reason to have holycross any higher than required for GC.

i play shield bash sader switching between elements to defeat monsters but guard is very useful especially when taking on mobs and also provoke fairly much reduced defence of target to nothing so that should be good for GC since your main concern is just explosive damage, though you must remember that they get stronger which is a problem when they do hit.

and yes GC paly is very strong mainly because of that additional 20 points they can spend on other things such as defense skills.

endure i am not quite so sure about since if you aren't really fighting magic attack type monsters i don't think they do anything other than allowing you to move while hit.

one of my old leveling spot was pnomena (i think i got that right, the hydra looking one that moves) with defender, they barely do damage, but killing them without elemental weapon is nasty.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
07-14-2007 12:08 AM
Salvosa Offline
Spirit of Salvosa

I was talking about crusader not pally.

I relied on mages to level because all I had was holy cross. It's not that leveling was impossibe, just really annoying. I personally believe that grand cross isn't a great pvp skill, since you can just shove the sader away or just take a step back and let them hurt themselves and their sp. I dont doubt there are a few people that can play this class effectively, but for the most part, GC is for leveling.

I'm GC now, but I have probably a very weird build that I'm sure most people would call crappy. The entire purpose being to get to pally as fast as possible, (I hate grand cross and I hate crusader). My skills are the same as his, (truthhurts) and my stats are pure vit/int, (zomg). Since litterally all I use is grand cross, I have no use for either dex nor str. I know dex decreases the cast time, but I'll still be able to one shot raydrics eventually, so it wont really matter much, especially since I'll have a ton of sp/sp regen. Maybe my build isn't unusual, since I dont really know what the typical build is. I always make them up, failure or not. It's more fun that way XD.

I'm pretty sure the description says mastery skills do not effect grand cross damage btw. My stat calculator also reflects that as truth.

Also, you can get a +10 pike wih 4 andre and still be able to hold a shield. You'll get better damage than with a haedongumm, especially since that one would be way harder to overupgrade.

Man, alot longer post than I wanted it to be...

~~
Rysie - 82/50/High Priest

Reyli - The blue haired girl - 81/50/Baby Alchemist
Razhak - 51/Amistr
07-14-2007 06:19 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

there there, do what i do and get a new keyboard. then take your revenge with a hammer.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
07-14-2007 10:30 AM
truthhurts Offline

well i obviously need to max my int... but i still want a total of 100 dex. so i will see how i can do that! any suggestions?
07-14-2007 10:35 AM
n3xus Offline

100 dex is a bit overkill. vit will definitely help in levelling. but if you don't plan on pvp/woe, u won't need that much vit.

as for sword mastery, skill descriptions and stat calculators have been wrong a couple of times. even more so when you start going into the differences between freya and eathena. thanks devs! Laugh

yeah a quad andre would be awesome if you can afford it. definitely worth it compared to haedo

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
07-14-2007 12:12 PM
truthhurts Offline

i just read the description of gc, it says the cast time is 2 seconds... is that unchangeable? because if it is then maybe i can get just 20 dex and use the points on vit and int ?
07-14-2007 12:38 PM