Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Main Channel
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

RE: Main Channel

Bloody, you need to calm down young sir.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
07-20-2007 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maiden Offline

Thank god for this new rule type thing. First thing I do every time I log in is turn off main. It's so annoying when people have conversations like:
"Hey so-and-so, where are you?"
"I'm in pront"
"why are you there?"
"i don't know"
"meet me at whatever-place-they-needed-to-meet-at"
All on main...is it so hard to use the PM system? >>

As for the "rape" humor, I despise it. Since when is it ok to use that word freely? Seeing as this is a predominantly male server, I can see how this "locker-room" humor can be amusing. But you boys try using that in real life with women around and see how much longer you live.

@Pandora: I made him update so that he could have Sakura Pront Icon_lol I lost mine though because I update regularly and now I have the normal pine tree Prontera Icon_cry
07-20-2007 02:49 PM
Former-GM-Chocolate Offline
Sweet Valentine's Chocolate

I'm sorry I agree with him, raping is not a matter of jokes to me. People don't usually realise what comes with that, and to people that had to go through that or know people that went through that knows that it's not something easy. My cousin didn't let her DAD touch her for over 2 years. Very funny? o.o...
And yes conversations involving sex or wtv shouldn't be held in main. I'm a girl and I dislike this kinda talk, and if I had a kid I wish he wouldn't read this kinda thing ingame...
Though, it is true what Namine said, to limit normal chat is very hard and harsh I think.

..:: BR GM ::.. ..:: Player Relation Manager ::.. ..:: Event GM ::..
Vote for heRO :  Top100 top200
07-20-2007 02:51 PM
jman212 Offline

-_- I didnt mean *never* as in ever never ever ever. But 99% of the time I turn main off when I log in. I even made a shortcut for "@main off" to Alt+9.Icon_wink

IGetMoney~LoA Forever.
[Image: LoAcopy.jpg]
07-20-2007 03:12 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I agree with most people here, rape is not a humoristic subject, some people use it too lightly. It's part of being considerate to others, use your juddement when speaking, put yourself in other people's shoes.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-20-2007 03:24 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

jman212 Wrote:I even made a shortcut for "@main off" to Alt+9.Icon_wink

(there's shortcuts to button commands...?)

Namine will have to side with 'welcome to society.' Just because it is wrong and should not be tolerated... at the same time it's stuck to the corrupted society that all are bounded to live with it. However, living with it does not necessarily mean that one is to live in it... Be in the world, but not to be part of the world~

Namine agrees to limit it from main... but general chats too? Can truly be harsh... let those type of people gather up in their own corner and talk in their style, and the other group in another. People with ultimately opposite value do not have to intermingle, and therefore will not hear what is possibly offensive to one group that is not offensive to the other... the problem with main is that there is no escape from it...

"Just turn it off" they may say... but... ah, Namine will just be quiet and let others continue on...

Kids these days~ Whistle

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-20-2007 03:27 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Sorry for the off-topicness of this post, I was going to PM Namine. But then I realized maybe other random people don't know about this, so I decided to post it here Icon_razz

While your RO client is open and you are on your character, you can press (Alt+M) to show the Shortcut List. In the shortcut list you'll see some emoticons like /kis /swt ...etc. You can delete those and replace them.

For example, you can put:

/set1 on the alt+1 shortcut
/effects on the alt+2 shortcut
@main on , on the alt+3 shortcut
@main off , on the alt+4 shortcut
@showexp on the alt+5 shortcut

and so on, you can use a maximum of 10 shortcuts from alt+0 to alt+9.

Sorry for the off-topicness again xD
07-20-2007 03:42 PM
Sheepdude Offline

I agree that main ought not to be a place for a few (particular) persons to chat away. It's meant to be a place where characters can display server-wide broadcasts such as trading items, asking for parties, asking for information, etcetera. People need to find other channels for talking to each other. I don't know about the rest of the server, but Angel Empire is almost entirely composed of mine and Dave's friends. Guilds are for hanging out, not main.

[Image: signature.jpg]
07-20-2007 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exwing Offline
Ex

i had a Problem chostcutting @main off command a while ago.. kept crashing each timy i etryed it... so i just type it in... i do use /memo and other word commands for well short cuts but not @main off sinse i kept crashing over and over...
07-20-2007 04:09 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

exwing Wrote:i had a Problem chostcutting @main off command a while ago.. kept crashing each timy i etryed it... so i just type it in... i do use /memo and other word commands for well short cuts but not @main off sinse i kept crashing over and over...

Namine suspects that there is a 95% chance that this is caused by a fatal spelling error~

Mr. Sheepdude is right... Namine resorts to guild chat for all the casual talks. Most likely people join a guild because they are already the same type of people who likes the same type of atmosphere or jokes~ However, general chat still have to permit these type of things because, a guilld will need a lot fo expansion to let in all the characters of the same player... and so on... for the same player to talk to his or her usual group of friends on another character, really general chat shouldn't be restricted just yet at this moment...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
07-20-2007 04:24 PM