Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO On Second Monitor
betrthnu Offline

heRO On Second Monitor

I have a quite particular problem. I use two monitors, and run heRO windowed so I can use Trillian and heRO at the same time. (it makes Alt+Tab easier and faster) I like to have Trillian on my first/main monitor, but for some reason I cannot get heRO to work on the second monitor. I get a still image. I have tried many things, and am out of options. Any support would be much appreciated
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2007 09:20 AM by betrthnu.)
08-08-2007 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: heRO On Second Monitor

What happens if you start hero windowed on your first monitor and then drag it to the second?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with 2-screen, I only ever used one, but I've seen other people use that and it seemed to work good for them (no RO, but their work stuff).

The only suggestion I have is to play with the setup.exe I guess, but it's very possible RO doesn't support this.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
08-08-2007 09:54 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

i often have done the same thing but i cant say my other moniter ever froze. have you tryed any new drivers for your card .. if so revert back to an earlier driver etc etc .. sorry i know no help Icon_sad

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
08-08-2007 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

I have not heard of this problem 8/ tho i often do dual screen work for playing movies, if you say ur RO freezes on the other monitor i would gather the problem could be caused by driver error, a error in setup, or possibly even an error/confliction in some codecs you have on your system...

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
08-08-2007 01:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Asumi Offline
Fallen Angel

RO Does not freeze....what is shown is a still image...once I drag it back over to the first monitor, all is well. It is almost as though RO doesn't refresh when it is on the second monitor.

Edit: I got it working. Thank you very much heROes. In settings, I used Direct 3D instead of my card for the graphics acceleration.

[Image: Asumi_Sig.jpg]

[Image: voteherobanner1kb.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2007 08:34 PM by Asumi.)
08-08-2007 08:31 PM