Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Homunc questions!
wussypuff Offline
dancin' like a MONKEY!!!!!!!!

RE: Homunc questions!

i'll be brewing in my high 90's for best results. i'm currently farming the gear i need for greatest results! so save up your stuff :D

as far as homuncs go, i do stress they're not as game breaking as they're made out to be. all i ask is a fair AI program (COME OONNNNN MIR!!!) that's user friendly (for those like me that are coding dumb Icon_sad )
11-15-2007 12:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

no matter what AI you use, it is impossible for you to command lif or uh... the ram one to automatically attack players.??Even alt-right clicking is faulty most of the time.

Also, I have done some extensive coding on the homunculus AI program and have a severely modified MirAI program.??I know how hard it is to make it work (as I am a coder by proffession) and see no way to make it gamebreaking.??I have tried (I confess) to make auto-res and auto-feeding work via the homunculus AI and found it impossible to do under it's current limitations due to the way the feeding works in the first place.

Allow me to use my client is all I ask, for even WITH my heavily customized AI, it is impossible for me to make them automatically attack players.

The pros are even nicer about it because MY AI(and I'm sure a ton of other pre-built AIs too) ALSO differenciates between attacking an unoccupied target and KSing.??It leaves monsters alone when they attack another player unless I tell it to attack the monster.??What more could you ask for?

Hi, don't whisper me please.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2007 12:44 AM by Rhino_Man.)
11-15-2007 12:43 AM
Craix Offline

maybe you could show your AI program to GMs so they can decide instead of just taking your word for it
11-15-2007 03:11 AM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

uhm, I would but I re-used a bit of code from my work and they have issues with me sharing it around. I asked before but they said I could so long as I don't intentionally show it to anyone.

11-15-2007 10:14 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

As it stands right now (and nothing is 100% decided), heRO AI will be recommended but not mandatory. Our AI will ensure that no server rules can be broken with it and will as user friendly as possible. If people decide to use their own AI and are found to break rules they will however be severily punished.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-15-2007 10:49 AM
wussypuff Offline

wonderful!!! thank you SO MUCH Pandora :D

i'm actually looking forward to see what heRO AI is like.

can't wait :D

SO EXCITED ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-15-2007 10:50 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We're still not done with odin and thor yet however, so don't get too excited Icon_wink We have other stuff to take care of first.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-15-2007 11:05 AM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

doh, my favorite endgame gear needs some stuff from Odin!??... and Kiel..... and Abyss..... and Odin again.... and thana....

that being said, thanks for clarifying on the AI thing. Anyways, yeah, default AI is kinda crap, it's dumb as **** and tends to KS for magic blob and murder bird.

I tried it for all of 3 minutes before I decided to get something different.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2007 02:29 PM by Rhino_Man.)
11-15-2007 02:26 PM
Kiaro Offline
Schadenfreude

I'm so glad I read this topic! Afking while levelling is slow and kills intimacy, the best you can do is slow levelling while checking every few minutes Icon_biggrin

Apart from that, I'm /so/ glad to hear that HeRO AI isn't for sure mandatory, because one of my favourite things is playing with scripting/seeing what I can learn and trying to make things work. Taking that away would be sad.

MirAI is quite rules friendly too! It doesn't KS even if you command it to KS. And well, afk levelling... as I say you either stay at the keyboard to check up/feed with only short breaks or you go flat out afk and lose intimacy (needed for skills) and risk having the homunc run away and risk your alchemist dying and needing to respawn, and even if none of that happens it's still sloooow levelling.

People are wisely cautious, but overly so. I can't wait to get a homunc.
11-17-2007 03:59 PM
wussypuff Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:We're still not done with odin and thor yet however, so don't get too excited Icon_wink We have other stuff to take care of first.

it's like the night before christmas...you know it's coming and soon you'll be able to open all your presents...

BUT IT FEELS LIKE IT'S TAKING FOREVER AND WILL NEVER COME D:

but it will....*waits somewhat patiently*

[Image: Gardenfishing2.jpg]
11-18-2007 02:27 AM