Poll: What do you think is better?
This poll is closed.
Change server setting so pets dont need their armor for skills. 44.74% 17 44.74%
Keep working on making the custom cute-pet-armor work! 28.95% 11 28.95%
Keep things as they are, custom pets can only loot. 7.89% 3 7.89%
Don't know / Don't care / Don't like pets. 18.42% 7 18.42%
Total 38 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pet Dilema
Lucky Day Away
|| Lead Farmer ||

RE: Pet Dilema

So Mr. Green would still be able to use his backpack even though he wouldn't need it?
*tired, not really reading into it*

Lucky Day | Master Smith| Western Grace | Order of Chaos
[Image: 2rhpoqu.png]

I just rode into town. On my horse?

You betcha on my horse! Icon_mrgreen
That the thing in the Old West Times..
Everybody enjoys a good horse ride.
11-19-2007 02:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

For Ms. Lucky, yes ^_^ If the first option is chosen which seems to be the majority so far, then yes.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-19-2007 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I would like some of the pets to do more than looting, for most of them this doesn't make sense at all to do.

But please keep Siroma a looter, I think it is very fitting *he does loot stuff you drop in Ice Dungeon!*

I mean the pet armors will be fine being cosmetic or needed to make other gears that we implement. Besides, for some of the pets, you can make their armor for them in places like Aldebaran and Alberta, so some of them are extremely easy overall to get.

Pets are fun if nothing else, and to make them do more than maybe be "juts for fun" with the customs, then I am all for option number 1 :3

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-19-2007 04:09 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

I voted for option 2. I think they should only get their skills if they have their custom armor. So players must already work a bit for their pet, and not only get it with all skills. I think it's the fair thing.

And , could we have the url of that custom page, if it's not asking too much?

I want to see the good stuff!
11-19-2007 04:59 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

I voted 4 cause Lady Bob told me too

[Image: hl101.jpg]
11-19-2007 05:08 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Option 2 is the most ideal, then pets continue the way they are and custom pets can follow what has been started by the originals... However, as what Mr. Kadar said, does this really worth the GM's time? Ms. Pandora has been trying this on at least the succubus since... old SvN? Even the prehistoric SvN is finally updated (thanks, GM~) but the pet continues to fail. Namin? believes that it's time to admit moving on and scrap this project after half a year of trying... Let's make custom pets have custom abilities, or make them do nothing at all (nothing as in "nothing special," and just looting like they are now.)

Namin? rather kick a black and white poring at people~ Whistle

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-19-2007 06:20 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Well it's not like I've been trying full time for half a year, there are indeed more important stuff. One thing is for sure, I have no time to make graphics for them, so if we go with option number 2, only a handful would have skills. From our current pets Succubus and Wild Rose, and items I got for possible future pets (but I might not add those) are Quve, Lude, Loli Ruri and Boiled Rice.

For RO graphics, R.U.N.E. is the place to go Icon_smile

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-19-2007 10:47 AM
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

Thanks!
11-19-2007 10:49 AM
YouKnowWho Offline

I voted second option. If you have an idea of what to do to get these working then I say go for it. We have plenty of time to wait! Take your time trying to figure it out. If you can't figure it out, then I'm sure nobody would hold it against you if you just let the pets have their skills without armor. :D

-----------
Achaos- Crusader -80/49
-----------
11-19-2007 12:33 PM
ROCKFISH Offline

I think the second option is a lot better then the first. A lot of the origional pets have some sort of attack or buff that helps the player and its not really an exploit at all if your pet can help you. I used to have a hunter fly for a pet and I loved training with it since it would always help me attack once I had his equipment and loyal status. Personaly I see this as something to make the game a lot more fun for everyone so take your time and implement new equipment for the pets.

Also some of the pets should stay looters like siroma since they actually do, but adding in some new skills for the pets would be very interesting.

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
11-19-2007 02:42 PM