Total 84 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
Fox Knight Offline

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Well, I couldn't read the entire thing here, but here's my 4 cents:

All % based items have a 30 second shared cooldown.

All pots are increased in delay, and potion pitcher, to where perhaps Priest's healing would actually make a difference in WoE. Like, an LK can't spam Condensed Whites so fast that nothing can down him. Instead, an LK can spam Whites slowing his fate, and insures a place for WoE Healing from Creators and Priests. So you have to kill said Creator/Priest to stop the carnage.

This would encourage WoE to be less AoE chaos bullshit randomousity than it is. It would encourage some skill over money and gear. Priests? HEALING?!?

The whole pot schema makes WoE suck. I mean, if you have to rework Priest Heals and reduce damage, increase survivability, or whatever's needed to make WoE less pot spam, do it.

Like, PvP Vendors that sell WoE Potions that are the only potions that work in WoE, but they have a certain cooldown and heal rate. But, to not screw Creators out, allow them a recipe that makes a PvP pot that's Condensed.

Basically, to rework WoE takes work. It takes US: not the half-assed Gravity developers who neglect character flaws and make rare content patches out of their mom's basements.

It's the private server's duty to carry on the torch to not make Ragnarok sink under.
11-01-2008 02:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rotie365~~ Offline
Hi

Buddy, you can spam on every other server, you can spam on iRO, there's nothing wrong with spamming. If you cant take down a sin-x standing in front of your guild for 10 seconds, or even slow him down, then you dont deserve a castle. Also, fish make absolutely no difference breaking an emp; you cant use skills.... why must this server go through 10 threads about fish and pot nerfing just because noobs keep getting killed ;_____; That was more fish, about taking POTS out of WoE, thats even worse. Good luck breaking LWs emp room EVER without any pots at all, makes me laugh just thinking about it...
[On a side note, I believe yggs are already banned as well as dori's and nemo's, those are the only thing that can really keep somebody alive against an entire guild.]

Hi
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2008 12:58 PM by Rotie365~~.)
11-03-2008 12:55 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Banning Dori and Nemo in woe fixed the biggest problems with woe here I feel.
Ygg Seeds and Berries are not as easily acquired and take a bit of time unless you own a castle and even then the supply is slower than fishing was.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-03-2008 01:42 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Fox Knight Wrote:Well, I couldn't read the entire thing here, but here's my 4 cents:

All % based items have a 30 second shared cooldown.

All pots are increased in delay, and potion pitcher, to where perhaps Priest's healing would actually make a difference in WoE. Like, an LK can't spam Condensed Whites so fast that nothing can down him. Instead, an LK can spam Whites slowing his fate, and insures a place for WoE Healing from Creators and Priests. So you have to kill said Creator/Priest to stop the carnage.

This would encourage WoE to be less AoE chaos bullshit randomousity than it is. It would encourage some skill over money and gear. Priests? HEALING?!?

The whole pot schema makes WoE suck. I mean, if you have to rework Priest Heals and reduce damage, increase survivability, or whatever's needed to make WoE less pot spam, do it.

Like, PvP Vendors that sell WoE Potions that are the only potions that work in WoE, but they have a certain cooldown and heal rate. But, to not screw Creators out, allow them a recipe that makes a PvP pot that's Condensed.

Basically, to rework WoE takes work. It takes US: not the half-assed Gravity developers who neglect character flaws and make rare content patches out of their mom's basements.

It's the private server's duty to carry on the torch to not make Ragnarok sink under.

if pots are so cheap why does everyone still die? in fact, how fast would people die if pots werent they way they are? WoE is a competition of resources, feel free to not pot but you will die and lose. priests are very useful either way and even their healing helps alot if they are good/quick enough to keep up with watching their party members.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2008 03:32 PM by teOx.)
11-03-2008 03:31 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RO WoE, in the opinion of the GM team, is designed with usable healing items in mind. Some of the newer tricks are expected to have potions to survive. The only thing that may introduce the lack of balance if fish because this is something not natural to the official RO atmosphere. As I think I know which specific private server did a "full heal ban" in WoE and has some irrefutable success of popularity, I just don't think that heRO takes the path to raise RO off the ground and "rework until we see fit" type of server... We take a more conservative approach that while we offer customs, the framework and original content of official RO server remains (as much as how we may whine all the time about some things).

11-03-2008 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply