Total 84 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
funkyfly Offline
I poke you

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

I agree that fish should be disabled for woe.

Quote:I don't consider myself a bad player, but I am not the best one either. I lack a lot of gears yet, but the fish helps me stand with the people that have been here for 2 years, and I manage to kill some of them.

If no one else dares to say it, I will, the ability to outlast your opponent no matter how unfair it is to use consumables in a fight, is a form of strategy. If there is anything to blame, blame how easy it is to get your hands on those fishes.

Lyn The Rogue - obvious
Lin The Merchant - obvious
[Image: 300260xi0.gif]
02-11-2008 04:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wired Offline
Banned

-Just look at the fish weight+status. Thats enough reasons to keep em .
heck a hunter cant have over 25 salmon on him without being overweight.

-I dont even use fishes anymore during woe still dont think they are anything bad to the server.

also if you think that something that heals you as much as a white pot for 30 weight is gamebreaking... Look at aloe and hinalle leaflets. and dont tell me they are harder to get than fish.

Aloe leaflet: restore a bit more than a white pot for 3 FRIGGIN WEIGHT!!!!
02-11-2008 05:03 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I personally think that it's not fish that is imbalancing. It's *fishing* that is imbalanced. Will people really spend that much time fishing if it's not for the quick zeny and the box type of items? Just like how teOx quoted Cucu's post on the first, I'll do the same.

I think that it's more about the other loots in fishing when it comes to fishing. The healing fishes are the byproduct. Players think "Fishing is easy, and it's a lot of zeny, and I end up with all these fish. Let's put them to productive measures and use it to train/pvp/gvg while I dig away for zeny."

However, GMs already thought of a counterbalance to this by increasing fishing difficulty (just that the coding, priority problems and time refuse to behave themselves to allow us to get to it >< )

02-11-2008 05:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wired Offline
Banned

I dont see how *Fishing itself* is imbalanced.

Cough most people who are against fish are those who are too bored or feneant to fish for hours straight. then they come say you they have other better thing to you such as lvling.

We are actualy wasting lvling time fishing.

- Only the new spot pay backs the zenny you loose with some extras. Old spot makes you loose zenny.

-And yes, some people such as myself fish for ocas. for myself I do it in the old spot cause of the bait seller. and im dropping most of my fish when im overweight (yes even salmons) till i get enough boxes or oca during that runs(you now know the secrets.) do you get how much it cost to fish for ocas? takes time +500-1 mill z per oca wasted fishing.

I dont see how wasting 10 hours fishing getting maybe 2-3 ocas is imbalanced at all when you can hunt raydric for 10 hours and get a 25 mill z card.
02-11-2008 05:35 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Wired Wrote:- Only the new spot pay backs the zenny you loose with some extras. Old spot makes you loose zenny.

You spoke my mind.

As a player, I see fishing as a lottery. You generally lose, but once that OCA gives what you need, you hit it big and reclaim everything you lost with extra.

New fishing spot and fishing hat makes it a win-win situation. You always gain no matter what. It's a matter of how much instead of if you can win at all.

However, GMs are indeed having something in mind about this already, so no need to talk about fishing anymore ^_^ (guess that's my fault though since I brought that up myself x_x )

On another cute note to stay on topic, while I was researching in the iRO forums to find things about pecos, I stumble upon a thread protesting the usage of regular white/blue potions in woe for iRO and that they should be banned for imbalance XD; I thought that it was sort of... cute, and ironic.

The thread basically said, RO introduced a lot of one-hit kill abilities because pot spamming prevents anything otherwise, along with RO's supreme emphasis on levels and gears rather than player skills. Then people just use blue pots if SPs go wrong rather than using spells cautiously with SP limit being a factor.

There's a lot of differences between the iRO's pvp discussion with heRO's situation, I know, but can't help it to bring it up XD; They even went on a similar tangent to talk about linked-edp-SB and asura somewhere in the thread just like us here.

02-11-2008 06:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The linked EDP-SB combo and Asura crap is common on any server generally, since the skills together are extremely annoying.

Yes you might "lose money" from fishing, but what is happening is you get 100 baits for what...15k...that's...okay with about 1k zeny per white pot with discount, you can get 15-17 white pots I think. Okay, when I go fishing even at the lower spot *without fish hat or anything* I can come out with about the same amount, or more, since sometimes I get that free bait to pop up, and boots and other junk I can sell to make it all back.

It's just...you don't clean the economy of money as easily, especially if you get the junk to sell back. And yes, fishing is boring and I rarely do it, but I fail to see the "lose money" part of it, I don't think I ever seen an easier gamble than fishing LOL.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-11-2008 12:06 PM
Wired Offline
Banned

Old spot

100 bait

45 guppy(ground drop)
25 trout(ground drop)
10 bass(ground drop)
5-6 salmon(ground drop for me)
1 angel dory or nemo if your lucky.
and about 10-15 fail.

and about oca the rate is something like 1 oca every 7-8k baits at the old spot?.
its takes what? 100min to pass trough 8 baits... and thats whitout the time wasted playing tetris between your cart and inventory. mhh so 90 min of click click click click +1,2 mill to have a *chance* to get an oca.

If i remember correctl there used to be people not to long ago selling ocas for 2-3 mill each and they didnt sell well...
how does this gives you 15-17 white pot?
02-11-2008 12:24 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

As mentioned before I have plans to modify the fishing system, I just lack the time to do it all but it's in progress.

Can we resume this discussion after?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-11-2008 01:55 PM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

I thought of a positive thing about fishies being enabled in woe.

They encourage group effort. You know people are going to be spamming the fish, so the guild will focus efforts on one person at a time, overwhelming the person so fish spamming won't do anything.

Also, I feel very few classes benefit from fishes in WoE. Snipers (for me anyway), Wizards, Profs, Clowns, Dancers etc etc are all 1 hit kills for me. You can't fish spam if you're dead.
02-11-2008 01:56 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

In a way, if Pandora does not have to use up her free time reading this massive fishing thread, she may actually have the time to continue on her work in changing the current fishing system Ok

We understand the majority's demand (by first-pass-the-post though) that fishing needs a bit of tweaking, and indeed Pandora is working on it already. Let's give her the time to fix fishing then re-evaluate the situation after the new changes are introduces Icon_smile

02-11-2008 02:51 PM