Total 84 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
Loveless Offline
Beautifully Broken

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

I am ok with increasing fish delay, and increasing % of status chance when eating, in WoE.
11-20-2007 10:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

very easy solution my friends, give all of the good fish (everything actually useful) a 1% chance to coma when eaten during woe. Not horrible but those who got nothing but fish keeping them alive run the risk of choking on a bone from swallowing without chewing.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
11-20-2007 11:17 AM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

Avalon_Fates Wrote:very easy solution my friends, give all of the good fish (everything actually useful) a 1% chance to coma when eaten during woe. Not horrible but those who got nothing but fish keeping them alive run the risk of choking on a bone from swallowing without chewing.

Its so plausible i cant believe it!
cept 1% might be a bit high. go with like .5%, then we wont have to dig up this topic AGAIN cause of a fish bone related choking epidemic

/enna

[Image: hl101.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 11:42 AM by Jubei.)
11-20-2007 11:42 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

How many times will I have to mention that fish-status are not affected by stats or equipment? Doesnt matter if you're a LK or novice, you got just as much chance to poison if you eat a mutant fish.

Last time there was a talk on fish, is when the status were added, to try and balance them. With the new fishing spot, the fishes are a little easier to get which explains why they are sold in large quantities.

I am brewing ways to make the advanced fishing spot a little harder btw Evil

But setting that aside, GMs are open to discussion, we tried our best to balance them already. Suggestion are welcome, but nothing will ever please everyone, so don't be too desapointed if things are not 100% the way you personally want them to be.

I think the weight is balances already, most 1-str char can only carry about 20 angel or mutant before being overweight.

I like the choking coma suggestion roleplay wise Icon_lol

A small suggestion of my own, since Nemo/Dory are easier to get then Ygg, maybe they could be set to restore 80%/40% instead of their actual 100%/50%?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-20-2007 12:24 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

none of the above, why not just deactivate any fish that act as more then a white potion? So basically nothing of ygg standard so you can't go "bam instant full hp" which is cheating in WoE IMO.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
11-20-2007 12:32 PM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

RE:??Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Rhino_Man Wrote:none of the above, why not just deactivate any fish that act as more then a white potion???So basically nothing of ygg standard so you can't go "bam instant full hp"??which is cheating in WoE IMO.

No fish in woe, sounds like a plan.
And that can be made so the people who don't WoE aren't punished "unlike the healer npc....damn crook"

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-20-2007 12:54 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

RE: ??Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Jack Skellington Wrote:
Rhino_Man Wrote:none of the above, why not just deactivate any fish that act as more then a white potion???So basically nothing of ygg standard so you can't go "bam instant full hp"??which is cheating in WoE IMO.

No fish in woe, sounds like a plan.
And that can be made so the people who don't WoE aren't punished "unlike the healer npc....damn crook"

that's not punishment for non-woers. you can deactivate items in GVG situations (i.e. woe) so that people can use whatever fish they want outside of guild castles but when they're in they're deactivated. Kinda like how thief class can use backsliding outside of castles but not IN castles.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
11-20-2007 01:05 PM
Naoki Offline
Rawr!

I like the Idea of disabling them in WoE. I would hate to soul burn someone and they just heal their SP back from one fish that it wasn't even worth taking that risk of using Soul burn in the first place.

Oh noes, they might get a status effect! Yeah whatever, It should be a 100% chance then.
11-20-2007 01:43 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:????Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Rhino_Man Wrote:that's not punishment for non-woers.??you can deactivate items in GVG situations (i.e. woe) so that people can use whatever fish they want outside of guild castles but when they're in they're deactivated.??Kinda like how thief class can use backsliding outside of castles but not IN castles.

Unless disabling works in a different manner than "different effects," last time it has been stated that it was technologically not possible to have fishes give negative effects in a castle, while not giving the effects outside a castle. Hence why fishes give the extra negative effects even outside of castles, as long as it is woe time.

As for mutant fish, Mr. Cucu meant that poison is a status that can be cured by green potion, and relatively extremely less damaging compare to 10 second disable by stone curse, freeze or sleep, which cannot be cured except by a nearby priest. Poison on the other hand, is just using a green potion. Mutant fish's negative status is all fixed by the user him/herself, and doubtful that this is any special poison that cannot be cured within 10 second by an item either.

Hm, just pondering... what is Ms. Pandora planning to do to increase the 'difficulty' of the advanced fishing spot? That can probably influence how this discussion may come out too. Say, if the fishing spot suddenly got moved to bio3 by december patch, then suddenly rarity in fish skyrocket and this discussion will have a totally different direction.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 02:09 PM by Namine.)
11-20-2007 02:02 PM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

yeah bio3 that way it'd ensure only the top few guilds ever go fishing.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
11-20-2007 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply