• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

I was certainly not planning something THAT evil Icon_eek

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-20-2007 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nagi Offline
Professor of the Elements

Naoki Wrote:I like the Idea of disabling them in WoE. I would hate to soul burn someone and they just heal their SP back from one fish that it wasn't even worth taking that risk of using Soul burn in the first place.

Oh noes, they might get a status effect! Yeah whatever, It should be a 100% chance then.

The creators of the fishing system did not take strategies such as Asura Strike and Soul Burn into account when implementing fish.

It is true that Gravity does have ygg berrys as an issue, however, ygg berries are not as easily obtained as fish, and are disabled on quite a few private servers that run on increased drop rates.

However, this isn't just an issue of making fish harder to get, these farmable ygg berries pose a balence issue that makes many normal strategys difficult, and cause the populace to become lazy and opt for a 'one button heal' rather than actually using skill in woe.

My vote is for fish to be either disabled in woe, or removed from the game, or handed down an extreme nerf. (make them less useful than alchemist potions).
11-20-2007 04:34 PM
Kyouhei Offline
Banned

using fish..hmm as an active woer I had many case where fish screwed me over because of the side effects. For example, Dory's stun is just purely sick (since its not effected by equips and stats, its literally 10 seconds). Angel fish freezes me on one on one, if im fighting a champ or an edp sinx Im a goner. Salmon? makes me sleep. Mutant fish is okay but it wont save my ass from anything that takes half of my life away. And I dont think anyone in their right mind would use trouts or bass during woe. All in all, its not so bad. Plus their heavy. Spamming fish and breaking emp is not even possible(unless we talking edp sinx which they can do while spamming pot), unless your fending the emp breaker off by urself, which is not very smart in any case.
11-20-2007 04:54 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

even WITH the side effects, I don't particularly enjoy the thought of a character with 20k hp that you've been picking away at from a distance for a while to suddenly be able to go to full hp and kick your face in because you have less hp then him.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
11-20-2007 06:14 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You'd be able to do that if you hunted ygg seeds or berries also, a lot of potting goes on in woe unfortunately, it's just part of the strategy of it...though I really wish it weren't at times ^_^

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-20-2007 06:15 PM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

RE:??Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Aaronock Wrote:You'd be able to do that if you hunted ygg seeds or berries also, a lot of potting goes on in woe unfortunately, it's just part of the strategy of it...though I really wish it weren't at times ^_^

I think the issue is that fish is easily farmable while getting ygg stuff takes a lot more effort.

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-20-2007 06:17 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Ygg Seeds aren't too too bad to farm, there are worse things out there to farm for. However, ygg berries are a lot harder...>_>

Ygg seeds kinda weigh a lot if you carrry around a ton though, and I find farming honey, hinalle leaflets, and aloe leaflets a lot less annoying.

And yah I understood the point, fish are a lot easier to get and even with the drawbacks it sometimes doesn't seem enough to me. I don't use fish in woe because they weigh so darn freaking much tho D:

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-20-2007 06:23 PM
Astroboi Away

Nagi Wrote:strategies such as Asura Strike

I lol'd
11-20-2007 06:27 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

I could have sworn that default eathena code disabled yggs in castles.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
11-20-2007 08:10 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

yeah. ive always thought that fish benefit certain classes FAR more than others. it allows a relatively easy way to spam asura strike, and heal LK for 20k hp... high hp characters and champs benefit from fish far more than other classes which imbalances it greatly.

i just dont like that woe is almost literally determined by the guild that fishes more. among 2 guilds of equal size, the one that is able to abuse fish more efficiently will win, hands down. the experience of RO and even heRO should not include so much time spent sitting clicking in front of a fishing spot...

as an insane dory/nemo spammer myself, i vote to change it.

my idea is to make it kinda like TOH, where you dont allow dory and nemo.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 09:03 PM by teOx.)
11-20-2007 08:56 PM