Total 84 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
Kyouhei Offline
Banned

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

fish the same as pots..more vit u have more it heals hp, more int u have more sp it heals.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 10:29 PM by Kyouhei.)
11-20-2007 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nagi Offline
Professor of the Elements

Kyouhei Wrote:using fish..hmm as an active woer I had many case where fish screwed me over because of the side effects. For example, Dory's stun is just purely sick (since its not effected by equips and stats, its literally 10 seconds). Angel fish freezes me on one on one, if im fighting a champ or an edp sinx Im a goner. Salmon? makes me sleep. Mutant fish is okay but it wont save my ass from anything that takes half of my life away. And I dont think anyone in their right mind would use trouts or bass during woe. All in all, its not so bad. Plus their heavy. Spamming fish and breaking emp is not even possible(unless we talking edp sinx which they can do while spamming pot), unless your fending the emp breaker off by urself, which is not very smart in any case.

Soul Burn is a 70% chance to drain an enemies sp to zero. 30% backlash.

I can imagine a full SP/HP fish doesn't have a 30% chance to stun you for 10 seconds. Its probably much MUCH lower.

Thus the risk vs reward makes the item a terrible thing to have in woe or ANY form of pvp.

And didn't another person say they are disabled for ToH? O_o...
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 10:53 PM by Nagi.)
11-20-2007 10:41 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Not really disable, but more like forbidden to enter (checked by the warp npc probably?) Just like food items, ygg leaves and many, many other items. Believe that is how it works. Not disabled, but forbidden to enter.

(Oh Namin? just realized... Happy birthday Mr/Ms Nagi~!)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 10:46 PM by Namine.)
11-20-2007 10:43 PM
Nagi Offline

Namine Wrote:Not really disable, but more like forbidden to enter (checked by the warp npc probably?) Just like food items, ygg leaves and many, many other items. Believe that is how it works. Not disabled, but forbidden to enter.

(Oh Namin? just realized... Happy birthday Mr/Ms Nagi~!)

I don't think a system like that can be used for woe code.. Might have to ask Rhino or Cruz about that...

But anyway, like my soul burn example, I have a 30% chance to fail with soul burn, however a soul burn RECEIVER has a much larger chance to mitigate my attack by comparison.

(also, thank you, I'm 22 today =3 woo party!)
11-20-2007 10:56 PM
Kyouhei Offline
Banned

Nagi Wrote:
Kyouhei Wrote:using fish..hmm as an active woer I had many case where fish screwed me over because of the side effects. For example, Dory's stun is just purely sick (since its not effected by equips and stats, its literally 10 seconds). Angel fish freezes me on one on one, if im fighting a champ or an edp sinx Im a goner. Salmon? makes me sleep. Mutant fish is okay but it wont save my ass from anything that takes half of my life away. And I dont think anyone in their right mind would use trouts or bass during woe. All in all, its not so bad. Plus their heavy. Spamming fish and breaking emp is not even possible(unless we talking edp sinx which they can do while spamming pot), unless your fending the emp breaker off by urself, which is not very smart in any case.

Soul Burn is a 70% chance to drain an enemies sp to zero. 30% backlash.

I can imagine a full SP/HP fish doesn't have a 30% chance to stun you for 10 seconds. Its probably much MUCH lower.

Thus the risk vs reward makes the item a terrible thing to have in woe or ANY form of pvp.

And didn't another person say they are disabled for ToH? O_o...

yea but if ur mobbed by like 3-5 ppl u dont jus use one at a time, u spam it, making ur chance of stunning much higher. The fish is not as spammable as you think it is, especially not dorys and nemos.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2007 11:03 PM by Kyouhei.)
11-20-2007 11:02 PM
Beeman Offline
Beemination...

Didn't really read the arguments so far because I'm too damn lazy. But I was upset at the amount of fish spamming on this server and how easy it is to get the full hp/sp fish. However, I also thought up a counter-strategy to fish spammers.

There's always a way to exploit something like fish and there's always a way to counter it~

I would like to see ygg seeds/berries and half/full hp/sp fish disabled in WoE, though. But that's just because ygg seeds and berries were disabled in WoE in my old server and I'm used to it >.>
11-20-2007 11:07 PM
Nagi Offline

Kyouhei Wrote:yea but if ur mobbed by like 3-5 ppl u dont jus use one at a time, u spam it, making ur chance of stunning much higher. The fish is not as spammable as you think it is, especially not dorys and nemos.

This is besides the point.

If the chance to fail (cause status) is less than 30% (which it is), then it is a less risky move than using soul burn offensively.

Soul Burn is less of a viable tactic because with those fish, SP flows like water for woe combatants, regardless of the risks, the risks are simply not high enough.

Also, I'm glad people are voting to disable fish in woe, it shows they can do basic mathematics. (30% fail chance is MUCH higher than the fish's fail chance.)
11-20-2007 11:09 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I think fish (or maybe just certain fish) should be either disabled in WoE or their negative effects should activate ~50% of the time. I think coma is a really good idea as well. Perhaps Mutant and above should have coma by 5%+ chance to activate during WoE hours. I would rather that they be completely disabled on WoE maps so that people who aren't in WoE won't be killing themselves all the time. If they were disabled then the extra effects of fish could be done away with completely.

Disabling particular fish or particular items is easy to accomplish.
In the DB folder located within the eA files find the txt file called item_noequip.txt open it up and copy the following lines of text to the bottom of the file:

10158,2 //Disable Mutant fish in WoE
10157,2 //Disable Nemo in WoE
10156,2 //Disable Dory in WoE
10155,2 //Disable Angel fish in WoE
10154,2 //Disable Salmon in WoE
10153,2 //Disable Bass in WoE
10152,2 //Disable Trout in WoE
10151,2 //Disable Guppy in WoE

While you're at it you can make ToH maps a particular zone and then disable the items you don't want to be used within them. That way people don't have to flood their storages with items they don't normally keep inside such as fwings or bwings.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
11-20-2007 11:44 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

(Doubt that it helps with ToH using that coding, because people will naturally want to maximize their efficiency in weight by dropping everything such as bwing and fwing to bring more items that they need, such as extra equipment or healing items)

*looks at 10151,2 //Disable Guppy in WoE*
Always knew those reincarnation of evilness are game breaking and will destroy the server Mad

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-20-2007 11:54 PM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

RE:??Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Namine Wrote:*looks at 10151,2 //Disable Guppy in WoE*
Always knew those reincarnation of evilness are game breaking and will destroy the server Mad

Of course, otherwise it would be a fishy situation with scaly discrimination in a guppy manor. Equal representation for all fish kind!

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
11-20-2007 11:57 PM