Total 84 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE
Nagi Offline
Professor of the Elements

RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

Kadar Wrote:I think fish (or maybe just certain fish) should be either disabled in WoE or their negative effects should activate ~50% of the time. I think coma is a really good idea as well. Perhaps Mutant and above should have coma by 5%+ chance to activate during WoE hours. I would rather that they be completely disabled on WoE maps so that people who aren't in WoE won't be killing themselves all the time. If they were disabled then the extra effects of fish could be done away with completely.

Disabling particular fish or particular items is easy to accomplish.
In the DB folder located within the eA files find the txt file called item_noequip.txt open it up and copy the following lines of text to the bottom of the file:

10158,2 //Disable Mutant fish in WoE
10157,2 //Disable Nemo in WoE
10156,2 //Disable Dory in WoE
10155,2 //Disable Angel fish in WoE
10154,2 //Disable Salmon in WoE
10153,2 //Disable Bass in WoE
10152,2 //Disable Trout in WoE
10151,2 //Disable Guppy in WoE

While you're at it you can make ToH maps a particular zone and then disable the items you don't want to be used within them. That way people don't have to flood their storages with items they don't normally keep inside such as fwings or bwings.

Good work Kadar Ok

Couldn't have said it better myself. Kissy2
11-20-2007 11:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Namine Wrote:(Doubt that it helps with ToH using that coding, because people will naturally want to maximize their efficiency in weight by dropping everything such as bwing and fwing to bring more items that they need, such as extra equipment or healing items)

*looks at 10151,2 //Disable Guppy in WoE*
Always knew those reincarnation of evilness are game breaking and will destroy the server Mad

(No reason to limit people when you don't have to.)

I figured I would make it easier for Panda in case she wants to disable all the fish rather than just a few.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
11-20-2007 11:59 PM
Former-GM-Altheridos Offline
Banned

Small problem there. If we disable them during woe, lets say like Sunday. Lots of player do not woe at that time and prefer playing.
11-21-2007 12:04 AM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

my two cents has probably already been said.. but I'll say it anyway cause I'm too lazy to read all this Icon_razz WoE has become whoever has more free time will instantly win because of fish but not only that but those players while fishing get the chance to obtain a super rare items aka Oca wich is just ridiculous... theres a reason why shining plant farming was so hard and why ygg berry seed hunting was the most boring thing in the world lol now imagine those same stupid plants dropping oca's opb obb and much more ... lol doesn't make much sense does it? something that went from troublesome to ultra profitable...

*sigh* in the end the main problem is that the game's balance is no longer there... if you can't play as many hours a week as others you simply won't have as good a chance because they can spam much more then you can and you know that if they can spam that much they fish a lot and probably got amazing cards... either way I beleive not only should the fish be disabled but take off OcA's from fishing altogether... theres no more balance why hunt your card when you could just fish make money get cards get infinite healing items and obb, opb's all at the same time... ./sigh

thanks for your time

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
11-21-2007 12:05 AM
Jack Skellington Offline
The Pumpkin King

RE:??Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

GM-Altheridos Wrote:Small problem there. If we disable them during woe, lets say like Sunday. Lots of player do not woe??at that time and prefer playing.

You odnt have that problem if you disable it on the woe map exclusively, like what is being suggested.

[Image: barrelsigam5.jpg][Image: barrelvn0.jpg]
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

It would disable the use of them on WoE maps and not during WoE time.

edit: no reason to be mean

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2007 12:19 AM by Kadar.)
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

who on EARTH plays around on the WoE maps OUTSIDE OF WOE?

Hi, don't whisper me please.
11-21-2007 01:15 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

imo just disable angelfish and up. but either way =p

and rhino im sure he meant it disables them on woe maps, not during woe time. nowhere in that code does it mention time.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2007 01:32 AM by teOx.)
11-21-2007 01:28 AM
n3xus Offline

it's already been said. everything has a counter.

what's a knight gonna do fighting against a few people if he's been "full stripped?" he'll burn fish and die eventually.

say we disable fish, then people buy white pots and blue pots, etc. what does the argument devolve to? "the people with more money can buy pots, disable please?" if people put in the time to fish, it should be allowed. it's the same as people having the time to level and/or farm zeny for pots.

the argument just goes round and round. those without fish will complain about fish. those without zeny will complain about people who have pots, yggs, etc.

fish isn't really gamebreaking. it's just another thing to actually think about and counter. and i'm not really sure where the idea came from that the GMs didn't think about fish in woe and the strats possible. fish were on their old server and a lot of arguments were already made there.

people sell fish in pront. if u don't have the time to fish, then buy. if u don't have the zeny, then you would have lost to someone who knows how to pot. adding coma or disabling them or adding 50% chance of status is just... overkill?

[Image: asdfnx.jpg]
11-21-2007 01:45 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

you cant say the people with more money can buy pots. people who complain about that can take it up with gravity =p.

fact is salmon is >>>> blue pot and white pot by a long shot. dory and nemo are WAYYYYY easier to get than ygg stuff. not to mention you make money, OCAs, and other stuff.

yes a knight is owned if hes stripped, but thats the effect a stalker has on it. say theres no stalker? then what? each nemo will heal him for 20k. strip renders some classes useless just like asura renders most people dead, fish doesnt change that. we're considering what fish DOES change. which is pretty much every other scenario.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2007 01:55 AM by teOx.)
11-21-2007 01:55 AM