RE: Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

I don't think it should be changed.
11-21-2007 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

RE:??Regarding fish/pot spamming in WoE

teOx Wrote:imo just disable angelfish and up. but either way =p

and rhino im sure he meant it disables them on woe maps, not during woe time. nowhere in that code does it mention time.

I was agreeing with him. My comment was that nobody goes to WoE maps during non-WoE hours except maybe to get stuff from guild storage or prepare for WoE. Either way it doesn't matter if you can use those fish or not. Thus my question, who on EARTH plays on the WoE maps when it's not WoE?

Hi, don't whisper me please.
11-21-2007 02:37 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I still think fish should be disabled during WoE, possibly all fish. I agree, it would give business back to alchemists. I understand that some may say that the argument will continue, but move on to potions. But, potions have their limitations. Whites heal for a lot, but they do NOT fully restore a Knight with 12k+ HP in one use, which is where the real imbalance of the fish comes from. I think the only way to balance the high-end fish (just nemo and dori) is to either A) make them PVM/MVP only (no WoE or PvP)... OR B) Give them a 100% chance to inflict statuses. I would recommend Sleep or Stun, personally, because that would give them a real downside. If you're auto-stunned for 4-5 seconds, you would be much more strategic about Nemo vs a TON of white pots spammed.

I know, lots of people will think it's stupid, but it forces variety, and variety is good.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-21-2007 03:05 PM
Rei Offline
Mistress Of Twilight

I like the idea of disabling fish, I honestly think they are extremely cheap since they heal insane amounts and if you have the right kind of armor, the status effects don't ever even take effect. So, disabling in WoE would probably make WoE more balanced and more about skill than who has more fish. Onen last thing, I agree with Azure, Pots do heal but since they can't heal completely everytime, or heal half your HP and SP then keeping them in wouldn't be bad, besides, if fish are taken out, we'll see who is actually good, and who usually just spams fish.

Characters:
R e i - Stalker
Y u i - Priest
BlackRose - Assasin
[Image: 91artu.png]
[Image: ReiSig.jpg]
11-21-2007 04:09 PM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

I do believe Pandora has pointed out plenty of times that effects will take affect regardless of armor/stat.

Perhaps just lowering the % chance of obtaining angel/nemo/dori from the fishing spot would be the easiest solution. Before we had the advanced fishing spot, I received maybe 2-5 angel fish, and 1-2 nemo/dori a trip. Chances are of course greatly increased with the new fishing spot. Also making nemo/dori heal by maybe 10-20% less than what they originally heal would probably also help.

Taking out fish completely during WoE is almost like removing one of our more famed customs that attract people to the server and is something I hope to never see.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2007 04:39 PM by Rika.)
11-21-2007 04:38 PM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

Rika Wrote:
Taking out fish completely during WoE is almost like removing one of our more famed customs that attract people to the server and is something I hope to never see.

That is one of the main points I see in defense of the fish.
11-21-2007 04:40 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

you could simply disable fish for only the WoE maps as stated before and then you could take off all the negative side effects so people could still use them in pvm during WoE... the main point of defense of fish has just been countered Icon_razz

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
11-21-2007 04:55 PM
Nagi Offline
Professor of the Elements

Sekaru Wrote:you could simply disable fish for only the WoE maps as stated before and then you could take off all the negative side effects so people could still use them in pvm during WoE... the main point of defense of fish has just been countered Icon_razz

Also, Fish are disabled in ToH, also one of our 'famed customs'.

Just hitting the nail on the head even though it is already nailed in...
11-21-2007 05:53 PM
Mondt Offline

Farming Yggs is tedious/long. Farming Mastelas/Blues is tedious/long.

Mining for fish is also tedious/long, but you'll notice the severe lack of "farming."

You sit, click and hit enter a ton, maybe replace some stuff in your cart because your person is overweight, repeat. Now you go to the fishing spot. Do the same thing. Lather, rinse repeat. This is as opposed to going to, say, Geffenia and farming Succubi and Incubi because they drop Mastelas and Blues like candy, which are both amazing recovery items (And Mastelas sell like crazy).

I farmed in Pre-Amatsu Gef4 for weeks on a previous server, killing succu/incu for money and ended up with a whopping 900 blues. Weeks. 900 blues. Think it would take weeks to get 900 salmon? I don't fish, but I would assume not, unless they drop at the rate of Muscovite or Gold in mining. You know how long those 900 blues lasted? *shrug* About a month of WoE, 4 hours a week total. Gave them to a champ friend of mine who really only used them for Asura when we were up against 4 other guilds. XD

Point is, they are too easily farmable for a small chance of status. And being frozen isn't too big of an issue unless you're against a wizard and if you have any amount of MDEF, it's not a problem at all. Worst fish status? Stun. Can't get out of it.

Yggs and Fish don't balance out, but that's just my say. And by the looks of it, at least 10 other people in this thread.
11-21-2007 05:58 PM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

Unfortunately, all fish under salmon/mutant fish are still available during the ToH Sweat

I'm basicly putting up defense towards those who wish to disable fish that happen to include salmon.

If people truly wish for a more ToH setting, perhaps in the future we can set up the portals leading into the castles to detect whether or not you have a 'no-no' item in your inventory and prevent you from entering, similar to the npc. The problem with that would be things like Guild Recall for abuse. I'm half certain that the flags could also be set up in some way.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
11-21-2007 07:17 PM