Poll: No Fish in WoE, 1 Month Trial
Yes, Do It.
No, Dont Do It.
I Dont Care.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1 Month Trial < No Fish in WoE >
Pure Offline

RE: 1 Month Trial < No Fish in WoE >

Fish > Pots for a month? lol
11-30-2007 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Namine Wrote:Some skills consume far more SP than recovery, even if the class has high int or large SP pool... Soul burn can always be a possibility of why SP is gone (someone else mentioned that in the other thread.) Asura Strike makes SP 0 regardless of how big the SP pool is. Some casters like wizards or priests are so readily occupied with constant usage of skills that their SP regeneration simply does not suffice all the time.

Fish does have its use in restoring SP in war~

Yes, and that's why they should go. As far as I know Ygg Berries and such are not used during WoE, correct? That's because massive restoration items destroy the balance of some skills. The reason skills drain a lot of SP, or all of it, is part of a balancing act Gravity tries to maintain. Fish destroy this balance. I mean, sure everyone CAN get them, but it's just not fun to watch most people have essentially limitless SP (I know their fish eventually run out and they have to grab more, but it's closer to limitless than most Gravity server players would imagine). It also makes Professors not as useful. Soul Burn and Soul Exchange become obsolete and almost unnecessary when you consider that people could be carrying even just a few Doris or Nemos.

My basic stance is that fish are a nice feature and make PvM easier and sometimes more enjoyable - but in PvP and WoE they just seem to unbalance things. There's a reason Asura drains all your SP and disables natural SP recovery for 5 minutes - it's not because it was meant to be spammable (because even with Ygg Berries, etc. it would cost a lot of money to use them to be able to spam Asura - with fish you can actually spam full SP recovery items AND make a profit if you sell your other fish).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-30-2007 11:44 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Berries are usable in woe, just for your information.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-30-2007 11:49 AM
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

but people dont have insane amounts of berries like they have fish.

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
11-30-2007 12:04 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

azurerogue Wrote:
Namine Wrote:Some skills consume far more SP than recovery, even if the class has high int or large SP pool... Soul burn can always be a possibility of why SP is gone (someone else mentioned that in the other thread.) Asura Strike makes SP 0 regardless of how big the SP pool is. Some casters like wizards or priests are so readily occupied with constant usage of skills that their SP regeneration simply does not suffice all the time.

Fish does have its use in restoring SP in war~

Yes, and that's why they should go. As far as I know Ygg Berries and such are not used during WoE, correct? That's because massive restoration items destroy the balance of some skills. The reason skills drain a lot of SP, or all of it, is part of a balancing act Gravity tries to maintain. Fish destroy this balance. I mean, sure everyone CAN get them, but it's just not fun to watch most people have essentially limitless SP (I know their fish eventually run out and they have to grab more, but it's closer to limitless than most Gravity server players would imagine). It also makes Professors not as useful. Soul Burn and Soul Exchange become obsolete and almost unnecessary when you consider that people could be carrying even just a few Doris or Nemos.

PROFESSORS ARE STILL UBER USEFUL! Soul Burn in WoE in about 95% or more cases SUCKS!!! Most people carry at least a FEW SP healing items, even if those items are not fish! >_<
Soul Change not being as potent is a little problematic, but nothing I can't get over.

Professors still have most of the disabling capabilities be quite harmful in a fight. Dispelling people as they come into rooms, spellbreak still works, Mag Earth isn't being hurt, and Web nor fog are really hurt by fish. I don't like how people are justifying that fish should be disabled in woe cause of soul burn, it's just so annoying...besides other than Brazuca, what prof is there running around in woe?

Bleh the only fish I hate seeing a ton of are dori and nemo, but if that doesn't get disabled in woe either, then so be it, I have to build strats to get around that Icon_razz

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-30-2007 12:44 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Thanks Panda - I must have been thinking of ToH then? I dunno. If berries are usable that makes the situation a little bit more "balanced" (I put it in quotes because I don't think I've ever seen a totally balanced MMORPG ever, which is not any one person's fault nor can it be avoided).

Thanks for the info.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2007 12:45 PM by azurerogue.)
11-30-2007 12:45 PM