Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Class Specific Wings
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Class Specific Wings

I wasn't thinking endgame items, more like farming wings. Like little hard working bee gathering stuff.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-28-2007 02:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah, I would like item that drops cobwebs and yellow or red gems >_>
But sageworm now harder to get since it is a valk ingridient ~_~...ugh

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-28-2007 02:53 AM
ShadesOfBlue Offline
Order of Chaos

id like to suggest instead of the ele arrows or quivers make them orid arrows or quivers or not even quivers. ELE are just to easy to make cept maybe the shadow and immaterial. i was thinking authoritative badges before i saw nammies post on the knight. another thought is dropping a zerk pot once in awhile. be better than the healing pots.

[Image: obama_supporters.jpg]
12-28-2007 04:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

ASPD potions may not be something a class always needs... a crusader who goes grand cross will not bother with it, for example. Dropping ASPD potions is not a bad idea at all Mr Anak, but what class will almost always use the aspd potions regardless of their build?

(and on a sidenote, so it seems that Ms Pandora is rather amused at the concept of a class specific farming wing? This is another step closer to strengthen Namin?'s item farming gear empire Evil )

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2007 07:02 AM by Namine.)
12-28-2007 07:01 AM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

If I may toss my 2z in ... I like the idea of item farming, but I've got some things in mind to add/change in Nami's list. This is mostly based on my experiences with certain jobs.

For one, I think it's wholly appropriate for rogues to get +dex food instead of +hit. They being the masters of steal, I think it fits 'item farming' quite well.

Another thing is blacksmith. Coal and iron are junk and super junk. First, you need 4 iron and a coal to do anything, then you need a mini furnace for each set, then you've got the normally less than perfect forge chance. Steel is useful, and a pain to farm, but doing the ingredients like that isn't going to be better. I would say steel for blacksmith and rough ori for white wouldn't be overbalanced, especially since you need 40-160 steel to even attempt to make something. Panda can probably offer a more objective view on this particular idea.

Third, crusader is indeed a bit of an enigma, because the possible builds are so widely varied. In that case, why not that rainbow cake stuff? It'll help GC and physical builds alike, certainly more so than HP potions in the world of fish.

And finally, the taekwon classes. I think hit or flee food is appropriate for TK and SG, maybe hit for TK and flee SG. For linker, you run up against that lack of good matk food. I vote for either making a custom one for +30 to compete, or giving linkers a small chance for cursed water. They being elementalists who can endow themselves with dark, I think it could fit. And it's not a niche already taken by another class, as well as being an item you can already get in-game, so it's not out of balance. An idea for a tough job.

Anyhoo, those're my thoughts on the item-farming wings. Whee.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
12-28-2007 08:49 AM
Flossy Offline
Falathiel of Fate

Sounds good, I like it.

[Image: flossysig1ak1.jpg]
Flossy - The Real Meaning

Word used to define someone who is really intelligent but a bit stupid or an airhead.
A "Flossy" would say "I have a Phd in Math....do you think we can sit on chairs underwater ?"
Or
"My IQ is 160, But i think red cars are faster than blue ones"
^ WHAT !! Thats BS~!!! Blue cars are FASTER !!~~~~~!!!~~
12-28-2007 09:07 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Hm, agreed on the dex food point for rogues/stalkers... didn't think of steal somehow even though one of their unique point is the auto-steal.

Like Namin? said, she was being random in Crusader path... indeed their builds vary so much in all directions that thinking of an item to help all/most of the different builds is simply difficult... Surely Mr. Krogoth has a much more indepth understanding of the job as he owns a paladin personally.

Personally will say that Linkers do decently fine with rainbow cake, because linkers sadly got only 2 or 3 builds... Esma linker is restricted to pvm only, which is where matk (and basically the only linker build) is used. Rainbow cake still gives chances to those who are fortunate to have a Dagger of Counter in woe circumstances. Making elemental converters always seemed to be a "sage thing" for Namin?'s mind... on top of that being their platinum job ability quest. Cursed Water has always been one of the most powerful benefit of the annoyingly long Sign Quest too.

EDIT: changed her prevoius list to reflect Mr. Krogoth's great suggestions

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2007 09:48 AM by Namine.)
12-28-2007 09:09 AM
Snapplewee Offline
¥Snapple¥

GM-Pandora Wrote:I wasn't thinking endgame items, more like farming wings. Like little hard working bee gathering stuff.

That actually would be really cute.

Scratch my idea, farming wings would be fun.
12-28-2007 09:32 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Hm please don't make any of the farm wings be converters, sages should haveta still make those I think, even if farming converter stuff isn't really fun, or the blank scrolls really cheap. They aren't meant to be used every two seconds anyway.

Sorry its early morning, and also will say linkers don't need cursed water, as they have Warm Wind 6 as taekwons which can grant them that power anyway, its not really necessary.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2007 10:36 AM by Aaronock.)
12-28-2007 10:35 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It would be boring if this was an end game item anyway, imagine everyone wearing the same wings, it's nice to have a variety.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, feel free to add more.

Please don't expect this for a while however, the white/black butterfly wings are also in need of a quest, baby wings is not 100% complete either and thor & homun are long awaited.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-28-2007 11:30 AM