Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soul breaker issue
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Soul breaker issue

I'm a near complete n00b when it comes to playing sin and sinx...but not a complete n00b on what they do does to me, and what I can do to counter it.

I hope that made sense X_X

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-10-2008 05:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

sorry, i haven't looked at the SBK formula in a long time, so there's probably mistakes in it.

anyways, dex increases min atk, the same way str increases max atk. So enough dex and your min atk is the same as your max atk. Not to mention it helps with cast time (and to some extent, though I don't know how much, cooldown)

anyways, high int is GENERALLY better for an SBK then high atk, as it doesn't miss and it's more reliable to the damage you do. if you CAN spare the damage both ways though, then all the more power to you.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
01-10-2008 07:09 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

teOx Wrote:aside from mdef yeah, alexander has remarkable memory Icon_biggrin. which is why i know rhino didnt read the rest of the thread, mr. alexander posted the correct formula awhile ago.

Well, to be honest I played RO for something like..4 years? Probably more. My main was also usually a Sin X, and I used to have too much time on my hands. I know far more about this game then anyone should. =oP

Also, to Rhino: If by cooldown you mean the aftercast delay...-nothing- in the world can decrease it. Dex will decrease the cast time, but delay is unchangeable.

And, aside from the reliability, in a full Soul Breaker build, your int portion will always be the most damaging. The way the formula works out, your half coming from magical will account for well more then 50% of the damage.

Like, lets say for instance...you're a 99/70 sin X, you're using two haedogguns with double andre cards (This is commonly considered one of the best Soul Breaker weapon set ups, especially back in the day.) For the pure sake of making my point, we'll also say you're using two vesper core 2's, have 110 strength, and 90 int. Obviously, there's a much heavier focus on the physical portion of the attack in this scenario - however....blah blah blah blah blah calculations against an orc warrior...the damage comes out to an average of 8,544. 3,350 of that is physical, 5,194 is from the "magical" half. So really, no matter what do you, if you make any half-decent Soul breaker build, you're always going to hit harder with the magical half. ;oP Obviously, in a well built Soul Breaker sin X build, this gap would widen greatly.
01-11-2008 12:04 PM
Kyouhei Offline
Banned

actually Kiel card reduces the delay time aftercast Icon_wink
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2008 04:48 PM by Kyouhei.)
01-11-2008 04:48 PM
Rhino_Man Offline
Kickass Monk

my apologies I'm still stuck on older way way older code then we're running on now. Way back in the day like episode 8.something or something like that had dex decreasing aftercast delay for skills by something like 1% per 50 dex or something like that. It wasn't huge but someone with a giant dex (like, say, a sniper) would have somewhat reduced delay. I don't remember when it was removed, and often forget that it was.

And I wasn't arguing that int was "half the damage" just that half the attack itself is from int and half the attack is from atk. I.e. it has a physical portion and a magical portion.

in my opinion the magical portion is far more useful since it can't miss, it's non elemental, not neutral elemental, and is a set damage not a range of damage.

Hi, don't whisper me please.
01-11-2008 07:00 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Kyouhei Wrote:actually Kiel card reduces the delay time aftercast Icon_wink

I'm not familiar with the newer cards. Though that is an interesting new one then.
01-12-2008 02:34 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Kiel card (mvp) reduces after cast delay. In the next svn update, expert ring[1] will also reduce after cast delay by 5% too.

And who knows if Ep 11+ have even more reduce after cast delay equipment/cards? Namin? only knows her items up to Nameless Island...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-12-2008 02:44 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

i disagree with 2 things alex.

bragi reduces delay. by alot. you spam it 3-4 times faster with bragi on. bragi + soul breaker is a DPS that even double strafe or asura cant match in some cases.

also, the int portion doesnt always do the most. in pvp, i would say yes int does matter the most. but in pvm, the str portion often determines the damage. for example, anyone with soul breaker and ice pick can do 14-15k to monsters like ice titan and sleeper. that means int damage of 5k, str damage of 10k. even without ice pick the elemental benefits give str portion more use than int in most cases.

i only mention this because i firmly believe soul breaker is almost exclusively only good for pvm. in pvp, sonic blow and grimtooth are almost always better.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2008 03:01 PM by teOx.)
01-12-2008 02:58 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

A small note about SD in WoE is that if you have a bard dedicated to magic strings then SD can actually be used well in WoE. Pneuma will still own you though. It's also good if you're killing non-trans.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
01-12-2008 04:09 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

teOx Wrote:i disagree with 2 things alex.

bragi reduces delay. by alot. you spam it 3-4 times faster with bragi on. bragi + soul breaker is a DPS that even double strafe or asura cant match in some cases.

also, the int portion doesnt always do the most. in pvp, i would say yes int does matter the most. but in pvm, the str portion often determines the damage. for example, anyone with soul breaker and ice pick can do 14-15k to monsters like ice titan and sleeper. that means int damage of 5k, str damage of 10k. even without ice pick the elemental benefits give str portion more use than int in most cases.

i only mention this because i firmly believe soul breaker is almost exclusively only good for pvm. in pvp, sonic blow and grimtooth are almost always better.

Geez, can't you just say "Magic Strings"? I had to really think on what the hell you meant by Bragi. XD Anyway, I was thinking more in a personal sense. In terms of outside sources, that would in fact do it. Although as someone pointed out earlier, there is a new personal means of accomplishing it anyway.

I was also talking more specifically in a WoE / PvP sense the entire time. I believe if you check my initial post, you'll see me mention something about "assuming this is in reference to using it on another player". However, even in PvE that will usually be the case. Were you to take my last example, which I used all the math in against an orc warrior ( ORc warrior is a common calculation test subject as it's statistics match accurately to another player...race, size, defense, ect. ) and put in fire element, you'd end up with 4,600 physical, 5,194 magical. I also used a pretty shoddy and heavily physical weighted build for that example. There will always be some exceptions to this though with very specific combinations.

Also, I have to agree in that I would never. Ever. Use a Soulbreaker build for WoE. PvE, sure. PvP even, maybe. However it's absolutely terrible in WoE. =oP Even with magic strings your DPS won't match up to the ability to pop a deadly poison.
01-13-2008 11:58 AM