Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Riddle Event 2008
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: heRO Riddle Event 2008

The easier riddle first:

"The secret is that it needs to be layered with pine needles when steamed in order to have its unique scent." -Songpyun

Simply look up the food item and it will be clear.

""The Dark Lord in the world of RO is only an image of power for the real Dark Lord in another world. ______ tries to bring the true Dark Lord to the world of RO to escape death."

The answer is, contrary to popular belief, NOT Mystra.

Mystra is not dead, and doesn't need to bring the Dark Lord to this world escape death, though she'll definitely be tempted to do something like that. Her role in heRO's ToH story is written and recorded in the Chronicle of Heroes.

The answer is "Serin." You will know of this when you complete the Sign Quest, an official quest by gravity!

Winners for the Songpyun riddle:
Everoth, Albus Dumbledore, Lucky Day, Krumb, Shia, Jackofshadows, astroboi, crashy, Yumera, zboy, zerosk, bonesaw, Daraeon Ravensong

You each get 83k zeny along with a cookie bag!

Winners for the Serin riddle:
Oniichan, Doori, astroboi

You each get 334k zeny along with 2 elunium!

03-07-2008 01:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Everoth Offline
Chivalry Heart

hmmm miss ayu, i like your riddles a lot but this new one its kind of hard XD, mabe if we had the name of the saint it would be easier Icon_biggrin, cause there are a lot of saints that had done, used or said something symilar
03-07-2008 02:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

True, your guess in the PM can work for every saint I suppose. I'll edit the riddle, but I'll specify the item a bit more instead.

Anyone who PMed an answer before server time 3:00 AM are allowed to send in a 2nd answer to replace their first one.

03-07-2008 03:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PeanutButterCoffee Offline

Ayu, why didn't I get any credit? I at least got Songpyun, and I'd like to argue my point on riddle 3:

"The Dark Lord in the world of RO is only an image of power for the real Dark Lord in another world. ______ tries to bring the true Dark Lord to the world of RO to escape death."

Anyone who's seen 'Ragnarok: the Animation' knows this is Keough.

-Daraeon Ravensong
03-07-2008 10:08 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Same reasoning as Mystra: Keough never died either. He tries to revive Dark Lord because he got brainwashed, not because he wanted to escape death.

03-07-2008 12:31 PM

I disagree. You didn't say 'to escape being dead', you said, 'to escape death'... certainly something Keough would've faced had he not followed the Dark Lord. But then again, I suppose that's semantics. Riddles aren't supposed to be clearly stated, I guess.
03-07-2008 02:14 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I honestly think he joined Dark Lord's side not because of trying to avoid death/escape death (but we're talking about a horribly slapped together anime >< ), or else he doesn't have to tell Yuufa not to choose his path later on. He was simply corrupted by Blade Lost in Darkness to me when he was trying to escape with Iruga from Glastheim.

03-07-2008 03:26 PM

Which is just self-deprecating nonsense; he sacrificed himself to save his party at Glast Heim. >_<

But maybe he could've died, but chose service instead. I don't know. The anime was pretty half-assed. Though I love Takius... c'mon, a mage in a dark blinder, what could be better? :D

I still think my answer fits, but you're the riddle master. ^_^

-Daraeon
03-07-2008 04:47 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

"A Saint was said to use this item, which is common for households in the past, along with his faith to force the Devil to beg for mercy and swear an oath not to enter any household if the Devil sees this on the door."

This item is NOT the Bible, because the Bible maybe holy but not something you'll see on a door to ward off the Devil. It's not Amulet either as the Amulet is referring to another cultural item instead from east asia.

The correct answer is the horseshoe.

Daraeon Ravensong, JackofShadows, and Jarlaxle Atreides each get 334k and 2 giftboxes!

03-08-2008 01:23 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The next riddle has been posted ^_^

03-09-2008 05:58 PM