Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Riddle Event 2008
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: heRO Riddle Event 2008

"Remember, remember, the fifth of November"

2 answers are accepted: Guy Fawkes Mask and Gunpowder

Nov 5 is Guy Fawkes Day, which he got famous for due to the Gunpowder Treason. If you look at the 2nd line of the poem, the word gunpowder will show up.

I did not accept firecracker, because the origin of that item is just so far off even if it is supposed to be compared with fireworks. Even then, fireworks is what we use to celebrate that day, but we also use it for a lot of other occasions. It's not specific enough to me.

Winners: jackofshadows, eadgils, jarlaxle, fayth, albus dumbledore, nidsrule, Daraven ravensong, merciful poseidon, maiden, craix, zerosk, CristylReverie, crashy, vanira

You all win 71000 zeny with 1 cookie bag!

03-12-2008 02:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Everoth Offline
Chivalry Heart

gun powder?!?!?! but were?!?!?! how?!?!?!

seriously i taught you where refering to the Vendetta mask from making a quote from the movie ( Remember Remember the Fifth of November its basically said the hole movie ) and the item was on hero O.o....i really got no idea how that could turn into the other answer but...well i dont know...i kind of taught that i had it Icon_sad...
03-12-2008 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

If you got either one of those 2 answers, you can get the riddle prize.

"Vendetta Mask" is not the item name. It's called Guy Fawkes Mask.

03-12-2008 07:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

"A snake fairy who fell in love with an immortal, and as a result punished to be bounded to this location"

Tough because the riddle itself is not glaringly obvious, but on top of that, you need test wiseness as well.

This riddle is based on the story of Madame White Snake, a famous play for Chinese Opera. Madame White Snake/Bacosjin, depending on versions and so on, was imprisoned/held captive in two different locations though. It is either the lily pond or the pagoda.

If we look at the pagoda, we can't relate to RO. There is no Pagoda-like building anywhere. Some of you chose Louyang as the answer, but I don't think that's very relevant except for having the same nationality... which is not saying much. Louyang has no pagoda of any kind as well.

So we are looking at the lily pond, but there are many ways to relate lily pond to RO, such as Water Lily Crown, Wicked Lily and Flower Lily.

I will first eliminate the references to Wicked Lily, Evil Nymph and Arcadia. I'm not sure how does "wicked" deemed more fitting compare to all the other choices. Also, Evil Nymph and the entire Gonryun are based on Taiwan myths/practices, so you got the wrong region in mind.

Riddle specifies to say "this location" so we are looking for a place. As much as some of us tries to tie these two items to the lily pond, it's more fitting of an answer to get the location itself.

There is a map in RO that is a lily pond (though not overly obvious, but if you look the lilies are there in the background in the water). The white snake fairy herself is there, along with her maid the green snake fairy (green maiden/chung e). The additional presence of Green Maiden gives it further details that relate to the original lily pond, allowing it to triumph over all the other lily-based items in terms of accuracy to the riddle. The answer is now obvious.

Best answer for this riddle is: Suei Long Gon (Louyang Dungeon 3)

*note: I did not accept Louyang Dungeon 3, because riddle thread specified that I want the exact name to all my riddles. If a map has a name, use the name instead of generic field number.

JackofShadows, Crashy, Daraeon Ravensong and Vanira each win 250k zeny and 2 old blue box each! Great job to solve this riddle to pick out the right answer among all the distractions!

The next riddle is posted.

03-13-2008 03:23 PM
Serenity Away
Serenity Now

Where does it say that you want the exact name in the answer? Not that I'm bitter or anything, but I failed to see how something like Louyang Dungeon 3 is not an exact name.

Lify ~ Moon Light
-------------------------
Back from the dead once again.
03-13-2008 05:20 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

No offense, but you can't use the fact that the riddle says "this location" to validate a map choice over an item, can you? I mean, in the martyr riddle, you referenced an item "precious item" which caused many people to get the riddle wrong. I, for one, considered Basilica, but ruled it out because the riddle was about an item. Likewise, I didn't bother searching the maps for lilies in the background of a map, because previous riddles had used Skills as answers to riddles referencing items.

I just think it should be a little more clear what type of answer you are going for, or you should consider the possibility that water lily related answers that are item-based are just as easily reached as an obscure map reference based on past patterns in accepted riddle answers.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-13-2008 05:35 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'll try to be more careful in the future I guess~

<><><>

"If Yggdrasil is the best of Trees, Odin the best of Gods, Bragi the best of Poems, Sleiphnir the best of Steeds, then this is the best of Beasts."

This one is really simple and almost everyone got it right.

This is a paraphrase of Gr?mnism?l. The original is:

The best of trees | must Yggdrasil be,
Skithblathnir best of boats;
Of all the gods | is Othin (Odin) the greatest,
And Sleipnir the best of steeds;
Bifrost of bridges, | Bragi of skalds,
Hobrok of hawks, | and Garm of hounds."

The answer is Garm!

We won't have riddles on saturday cause I need breaks occassionally too ;3 (and to hand out prizes.)

The winners are:
JackofShadows, Huntress, Aaronock, albus dumbledore, crashy, merciful poseidon, krumb, zboy, bonesaw, Daraeon Ravensong

Each of you receive 100k and a gift box!

03-14-2008 08:27 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Sorry, I suppose I was a little too upset over something like riddles. I may have sounded more harsh than meant to Ayu Icon_biggrin

Really, rather than being upset, as above, I'd like to thank you for writing your own riddles and taking time to do so for our entertainment (and, hopefully, yours as well).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-14-2008 08:47 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The next riddle has been posted. We'll have a riddle today on the 18th and 19th, then we'll go on Easter Holiday (and also, you probably want to use the time to work on the Easter Decree instead of research for riddles Icon_biggrin ) to resume on the 25th.

Be sure to find me in-game ASAP to pick up your prizes. If you haven't picked up your prizes yet by the 25th, then I'll count your prize as null and will discard your winnings. I've got quite a few prizes for people stocked up now in my storage and sadly only half of the winners are coming to pick them up.

If you are suffering some time zone differences and have no chances to ever run into me, you can PM me with the name of a friend who you trust. I'll pass on your prizes to the friend mentioned in the PM then then.

03-18-2008 03:18 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

This week's riddle is more promotional material than an actual riddle.

"One of them chases the sun, the other chases the moon."

The answer is very obvious. Skoll chases the sun while Hatii (another name for Garm) chases the moon. Skoll and Garm is the answer.

However, *PLEASE* write your IGN in your answer PMs >_<; I have no idea whose answers it is for some of these.

Crashy, JackofShadows, Faynt, Huntress, Merciful Poseidon, Krumb, Ling, and Jarlaxle Atreides all win 1 giftbox and 140k!

<><><>

Be sure to find me in-game ASAP to pick up your prizes. If you haven't picked up your prizes yet by the 25th, then I'll count your prize as null and will discard your winnings. I've got quite a few prizes for people stocked up now in my storage and sadly only half of the winners are coming to pick them up.

If you are suffering some time zone differences and have no chances to ever run into me, you can PM me with the name of a friend who you trust. I'll pass on your prizes to the friend mentioned in the PM then then.

03-19-2008 02:08 AM