Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO Riddle Event 2008
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: heRO Riddle Event 2008

Seems like the toughest riddle yet up to date ^_^; we still don't have any correct answers.

Let's add more to the hint:

-This clue is based on the name of the monster, and not on its in-game appearance. A more precise wording to the riddle may be to replace the word "face" with "appearance."

Again, accepting new answers from everyone.

04-03-2008 06:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The answer: wraith/wraith dead

Why it's not dark frame: there is a horrifying face, but that's about it. Nothing about it foreshadows anything.

Why it's not rybio/phendark: they are torturers and again, foreshadows nothing.

Why it's not executioner: no foreshadowing, just someone who kills people again

Why it's not Thanatos/Lord of Death: they are both death itself (for Lord of Death, the ruler of Hel technically), nothing foreshadowing again. You can say that seeing it is foreshadowing, but the real answer represents how it is the apparition of the foreshadowing doom itself, and thus a closer answer.

Reason why it's wraith/wraith dead?

dictionary.

1. An apparition (appearance) of a living person that appears as a portent (omen) just before that person's death. <====
2. The ghost of a dead person.
3. Something shadowy and insubstantial.

A less common but far more specific to the definition of wraith, and that was the one I worked on. The "face" part is misleading, and thus one of the extra hint is to focus on appearance instead of just "face." (face can refer to appearance, but rather weakly ^_^; )

Winners: none =O

I'll be on a break for riddles due to busy april schedule x_X; I'll be back to riddling on April 23rd.

04-08-2008 03:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kamiyami Offline
Divinity Personified

U seriously expected too much of us with that one even though it looks like the grim reaper

If you see me sneezing then please back away and don't speak to me. I'm very allergic to stupidity.
04-08-2008 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply