Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HACKED
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: HACKED

Aries: If you ask a GM in game and they dont respond its most likely that they didn't see your pm. Try forum or Support ticket system.

Again, for all those who don't know, password change are handled by GM-Auron and GM-Aki. Don't go PMing some inactive GM that never logs on in forever.

While I agree it would be nice to bring CP back, it doesn't solve all problems. If someone wants to get your gears or delete your character, and they have your password, they can do a pass change in the cp and then you can't access your own account. Safest way is to not share account information.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
06-21-2008 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user
Slyph123 Away
In Awesomsox Camp for 4 weeks, GTFOOMHB!

What about those safety backup questions you answer before Password change

Slyph 9x/5x Siroma Slayer Sage
[Image: ac89caih2.gif]
[Image: b060d8ck9.gif]
06-21-2008 06:41 PM
Jaymyster Offline
† Peppin †

Well wouldnt you think that would encourage not giving out your password?

Knowing that person could have your char, and take everything from you?

And that, you could never play on it again?

Get CP

Make a major post about peoples consequences they could have by giving their password out, along with on the server.

CP ftw

[Image: forsig.jpg]

[Image: vgn788.png]

Peppin... Teh healer.

Nuff said.
06-22-2008 12:08 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We had CP before and it didn't have any safety question. You could just log in and change the password. So someone could shut you out of your own account.

~ Server Admin ~
06-22-2008 12:11 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

CP is still useful tho

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
06-22-2008 12:16 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

How about you just not give out your account info? -_- Is it really so hard?

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2008 12:49 AM by Fruityla.)
06-22-2008 12:49 AM
Slyph123 Away
In Awesomsox Camp for 4 weeks, GTFOOMHB!

GM-Pandora Wrote:We had CP before and it didn't have any safety question. You could just log in and change the password. So someone could shut you out of your own account.

So make a new CP with safety questions? << That seems to be the best option; and to never giving out your account info, say you're really good friends in real life with someone and that person plays HeRO too. You both trust each other so you share accounts because it makes things convenient and easier for both of you. But then one day you get into a fight in real life, which ultimately ends in your friend going on your account and deleting everything. You could rush home and request a password change ASAP but the chances are that your "friend" would have already deleted your stuff before it can take affect. This is why we need a control panel for easy password change on the spot with security questions only you would know, and this also proves why sometimes you would give out your password.

Slyph 9x/5x Siroma Slayer Sage
[Image: ac89caih2.gif]
[Image: b060d8ck9.gif]
06-22-2008 01:10 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

i havnt read any of this thread so far, i just talked to Aries in game and in my old server the GM found out who a hacker was through finding out which IP address logged into that account and found out if it matched to another users account. cant the GMs do that here?

This actually makes me kind of angry that the GMs arent doing anything about it, the GMs can see who he traded the items too and who the items got traded too. They can find the hacker and the third party person who was trading the items between accounts. I know that the GMs can find out who hacked Aries, and personally i would freak out if i got hacked and the GMs do nothing. Aries told me nothing is being done about it...and wow. its obviously not one of his friends doing it soo just because hes shared his account info with afew close friends is irrelevant. a close friend that he shared his account info with wouldnt have downed his percent from 94-0...this just makes me angry to think of what would happen if i ever got hacked.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2008 02:43 AM by thecursed.)
06-22-2008 02:29 AM
Zeena Offline

RE:??HACKED

GM-Pandora Wrote:We had CP before and it didn't have any safety question. You could just log in and change the password. So someone could shut you out of your own account.

Can't you make a Safety Question? Icon_smile
06-22-2008 03:10 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Who says we're not doing anything about it? Get your facts straight before you make that kind of statement. And stop talking about hacking, there was no hacker, its just someone who knew his password, and yes we are looking into it and will find out who did it.

Aries sent a request for pass change a few days ago, but he didn't provide the information needed, the GM replied to him what was needed but never got the info, thus the change was not made. And he only contacted us for a change after the incident anyway saying he got "hacked".

~ Server Admin ~
06-22-2008 07:54 AM
Thread Closed