Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7-11. We do the walking so you don't have to.
Makachuk Offline
I don't bite unless you want me to

RE: 7-11. We do the walking so you don't have to.

those fire arrow quivers are way too expensive sell them for 1k max
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008 08:51 AM by Makachuk.)
08-06-2008 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ryu Van Burace Offline
Team Awesome

Pretty sure it's not a negotiation thing Makachuk. They put an invisible footnote in the first post about pricing.

"Make love to me Snake! I want you!"
"Duude!"
"You're supposed to hit her"
"Damn right I'm gonna hit that!"
-Metal Gear Awesome
08-06-2008 09:12 AM
The Big Boss Offline
CEO of 7-11

The Seven & I Holdings corporation would like to thank the citizens of Rune-Midgard who have been enthusiastic in providing positive suggestions regarding new items*.??We have begun to roll out some of these new items in many of our stores, and are working tirelessly to contract suppliers for further expansions.

As a further thanks to our supportive customers, we would like to offer 25 free Smoodles to Ayu, Pandora, TheCursed, Herman, and Ryu van Burace for their positive feedback and welcome suggestions.??We sincerely thank all of our valued customers and look forward to completing this product roll-out in the near future, as well as future location expansions to serve you better.

Again, we thank you for your ideas, and look forward to more exciting developments in the world of convenience retailing.

* The Seven & I Holdings corporation would like to once again point out that our business practises are constantly under review, however in the current economic situation we see no point in needlessly adjusting our prices to meet the needs of a vocal minority of consumers who in all likelihood will not purchase anything anyway. The Seven & I Holdings Corporation would also again point out that if our business model were not successful we would not be the widespread, profitable corporation we are.??We make no effort to conceal our product value nor mislead the consumer, and remind consumers that they have a choice in where they purchase items.??If an item does not meet your consumer quality standards, you are welcome to make it yourself.??© Seven & I Holdings Corporation

7-11 : The first chain on HeRO, since 2008.
08-06-2008 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Babble Offline

When I send complaints to lays about their product, I get a box of free chips, that's what I call customer care.

Now when I tell 7-11 about a "flaw" in their system, they simply ignore it and throw free gifts to people who are doing the opposite.

E: wow, people even buy them too, makes me wonder who.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008 12:40 PM by Babble.)
08-06-2008 10:26 AM
Aegis Offline
I don't get it either...

Makachuk Wrote:those fire arrow quivers are way too expensive sell them for 1k max

Just a reminder, Fire arrows sell for 3z a piece, and a full quiver costs 500z to make. 500 arrows would cost 2k in just basic buying prices, while these kind hearted employees are saving you legwork in order to speed up the leveling process for a small profit on their end. In the end, you'd make back the extra money spent by killing monsters in the time it'd take to guy buy arrows and put them into quivers.

Anyway, might I suggest putting a 7-11 outside of Byalan with wind arrows and etc. for water monsters?
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008 02:38 PM by Aegis.)
08-06-2008 02:37 PM
Makachuk Offline

1 red ore = 2000 fire arrows 4 quivers

red ore 500z making them into quivers 2000z

4 quivers for 2500z

2500z/4 = 625z each

profit = 375 each
08-06-2008 02:44 PM
Ryu Van Burace Offline
Team Awesome

Except that's not what it should be measured against, it's mesaured against you actually buying the fire arrows from a shop and then quivering them so I agree with Aegis.

"Duude!"
-Metal Gear Awesome
08-07-2008 05:11 AM
Makachuk Offline

but he isn't buying them he's making them
08-07-2008 08:04 AM
Ryu Van Burace Offline
Team Awesome

riiight but in terms of economics, it has to be factored against the customer buying them from an NPC surely?

"Duude!"
-Metal Gear Awesome
08-07-2008 08:08 AM
Avogadro Offline
I like popsicles

I didn't want to wade in on this because I just find 7-11 to be humourous to me, personally. But math has been slighted here.

At 4/2500z, yes fire quivers cost 625 per. Where you get this idea that there's a profit of 375z makes no sense. There is no math that can get that number unless there are hidden costs you aren't mentioning, or your calculator is broken.

Assuming an input cost of 500z/quiver, At 625z, you make 125z profit. For four quivers, you make 500z profit total. Considering the weight limits of an average cart, it means you could make 25000z at most, assuming you store 200 quivers in a cart (based on what I see 7-11 selling in Louyang). I've been on farming runs for archers, and you have to put a time investment into getting these arrows (granted, you get a stupid number from each item). And based off playing a slinger, that time investment is unpalatable at best.

You sure wouldn't catch me out there taking the time to open a shop so that there's an off chance you might make 25k. That's what mining or fishing is for, which is what broke the economy in the first place. No wonder 7-11 figures they can get away with it. And judging by the fact that I see people ARE buying, I guess they get away with it just fine, regardless of a few people who are going to complain until the prices are 1z over max DC. I don't need the stuff now (but I can cook my own food), but if they sold bullet casings at 1k over cost, I'd sure consider it rather than having to load up max 50k bullets at a time and then transfer them slowly to a slinger, then go in and convert them to casings, etc.

And who really cares that it's 1k overcharge? I can make a lot more than 1k a minute from mining or fishing. Wandering all over hell's half-acre to grab useless junk so I can keep levelling is a lot more painful than that. And if it's cheaper across the street, I'll go across the street...

Unless the "Across the street" is some blatant knock-off with the least imaginative name ever. I'm not going to reward stupidity. I just find it amusing that this simple idea is so novel to people. I still don't shop there but I have a choice, right?
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2008 08:22 AM by Avogadro.)
08-07-2008 08:19 AM