Error?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Error?

The full heRO is a good suggestion.

Otherwise can you check the following:

- Size of the file sdata.grf
- When was that file last update?
- Open the file "neoncube.file" located directly in your RO folder (opens with notepad) what's the number in it?

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-02-2008 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToriTrufeld Offline

RE:??Error?

KohakuSan Wrote:Instead of downloading the entire new Sakray, you can always try to update it using alternative methods, listed here: Alternative methods

I tried one of those and it seemed to work, it got past the place that always gave me the error in the regular Sakray, but it had an error later on.
09-02-2008 06:31 PM
LockeTrufeld Offline

This just came to me after looking back at some of the problems that Tori has been having.. and I'm wondering what the required, or recommended, free memory space is on your computer harddrive to play Ragnarok Online is. Because it turns out that her harddrive is mostly full, and RO isn't the only thing that gets an error when she tries to run things apparently.

I'm pretty sure it's not a viral infection, but rather just a technical problem with her computer, and since it's affecting a lot of her programs globally on her computer, perhaps a general requirement isn't being fulfilled to run these things without errors.

But yeah. I'll leave the judging for later and see what people say about the minimum required memory space is first.
09-03-2008 02:38 AM
ToriTrufeld Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:The full heRO is a good suggestion.

Otherwise can you check the following:

- Size of the file sdata.grf
- When was that file last update?
- Open the file "neoncube.file" located directly in your RO folder (opens with notepad) what's the number in it?

Checking these things as you asked just in case:

Size of sdata.grf is 998 MB
Last modified Wednesday, January 03, 2007 (although I'm not sure how that's possible since it was created Saturday, September 29, 2007 when I joined this server).
Neoncube says 57
09-03-2008 02:43 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Your heRO is fully patched then, but your Sakray needs updating.

Freeing some space is always good. Your computer has memory and also uses what is called "virtual memory", it takes some free space and transforms it into temporary memory, if you lack free space it can definitely slow down the processes. How much space available do you have with a hard drive that is "mostly full" ?

~ Server Admin ~
09-03-2008 08:55 AM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

RE: ??Error?

ToriTrufeld Wrote:
Tenshi Wrote:It looks like a Windows error more than an RO/heRO error.

It might be trying to read from a bad sector.

If it's a Windows error, would there be any way of fixing it? I actually wondered if it was my computer and not RO, since lately my computer seems to be giving me problems with games. In fact, when I got the errors from RO, I seriously started considering buying a new computer, and I'm not convinced that I shouldn't do that yet.

Yeah I've had these kind of problems...
Especially when I was shutting my computer.

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
09-03-2008 01:29 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Sometimes I play with around 500mb free space in my (horrible btw) HDD and it runs without problems.

And if you're still experiencing problems updating Sakray, read my guide: Sakray Update Guide
09-03-2008 01:49 PM
ToriTrufeld Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:Your heRO is fully patched then, but your Sakray needs updating.

Freeing some space is always good. Your computer has memory and also uses??what is called "virtual memory", it takes some free space and transforms it into temporary memory, if you lack free space it can definitely slow down the processes. How much space available do you have with a hard drive that is??"mostly full" ?

Out of 37.2 GB I have 3.03 GB free. It was worse than that but this afternoon I deleted some programs that I never use so it's better than it was before. It did get rid of the error I posted on the first page of this thread. But it did not fix the freezing. So now I think that the memory error and the freezing are two entirely different problems. I'm going to guess that the freezing is due to the Sakray not being updated. If only that would update without errors. Cry
09-04-2008 01:08 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Give the full hero a try if you can spare the time to download it, it has a sakray that is updated enough to play ^_^;

And yes the freezing is definitely a sigh of the sakray not being updated enough.

~ Server Admin ~
09-04-2008 09:52 AM
ToriTrufeld Offline

GM-Pandora Wrote:Give the full hero a try if you can spare the time to download it, it has a sakray that is updated enough to play ^_^;

And yes the freezing is definitely a sigh of the sakray not being updated enough.

Alright. I am trying KohakuSan's guide with downloading each update separately and saving them to the RO folder. If that doesn't work, I'll try the full hero download... If that doesn't work, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe I'll just have to wait until I get a new computer. ._.
09-04-2008 04:30 PM