Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please hear my story, I need advice.
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Please hear my story, I need advice.

well the problem with grinding in MMORPG imho is always boredom...

and i also experience it, so here's what i do:
1. try setting a goal with a time frame (ie: 99 in two weeks, getting a certain card in a week, etc)
don't aim for something impossible to do, do factor in RL allowances...

2. try do do something on a whim (ie: when hunting you suddenly wanna hunt zerom cards or whatever, just go there and do what you feel like doing)

3. explore the world of RO (ie: just go wandering about, don't grind any specific mob or any specific map)

4. don't be a perfectionist... you do not "have" to have anything, any equip should suffice, just be thankful for what you have... enjoy the game anyway and everyway you can...

-w-
09-08-2008 02:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Hehe, If you want fun play a scavenger char. Basically you throw whatever you have lieing around at them. Then you don't buy anything for then, just use whatever you pick up.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
09-08-2008 02:39 AM
Bakaman Offline

whats your in game name?

your english is excellent btw.

My wiz is _Artemis_ , my knight is _Saber_ , my Blacksmith is Material_Girl and my gunslinger is called _Elisa_. I will make my monk now , she will probably be Tifa Lockhart.

Thanks for the compliment, but even so there is some times that I just can't really express my thoughts clearly because I lack some grammar knowledge. I never had proper english lessons, I learnt everything I know from playing games and using dictionaries so I can't help it but feel like my english lacks consistency. I should try some english classes, but I'm so lazy Evil

well the problem with grinding in MMORPG imho is always boredom...

and i also experience it, so here's what i do:
1. try setting a goal with a time frame (ie: 99 in two weeks, getting a certain card in a week, etc)
don't aim for something impossible to do, do factor in RL allowances...

2. try do do something on a whim (ie: when hunting you suddenly wanna hunt zerom cards or whatever, just go there and do what you feel like doing)

3. explore the world of RO (ie: just go wandering about, don't grind any specific mob or any specific map)

4. don't be a perfectionist... you do not "have" to have anything, any equip should suffice, just be thankful for what you have... enjoy the game anyway and everyway you can...

1. I try to do that but I always set short time frames ( like " I will get a peco peco egg TODAY") , that's kinda frustating. I hunted 3000 of those in one day and didn't get the card, that simply crushed my determination =/??Looking at the bright side , if that didn't happen I would still be hunting for the second card, I would get more and more bored and I wouldn't have asked here , so I wouldn't get those great advices :D

2. I do that when I want to create a char out of nowhere. I tend to do that when I'm bored , so I do a thief/archer just to have fun...??I always feel like I'm wasting time, but the purpose of this game is to have fun right?

3. That is something I always wanted to do but I never had the guts to do it. I've planned to get my final gear , get really really strong then go in a killing spree across the world of RO Icon_biggrin

4. You are right... Actually there is no bad equipment , you just need to know how to use it, but sometimes you are so focused on your plans that you forget to look to the sides and see what options you have. This is a good advice , I will try to keep this in mind. Thanks!

Hehe, If you want fun play a scavenger char. Basically you throw whatever you have lieing around at them. Then you don't buy anything for then, just use whatever you pick up.

That's seems like a very crazy idea >_> I should try that sometime.

BTW I just started to watch Ah my Goddess! , I'm liking it Icon_biggrin BERUDANDEEEE xD
09-08-2008 09:50 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Ah My Goddess = my fav anime.

Hmm ff7 Fan and a Fate Stay Night fan.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
09-08-2008 11:18 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

try this, go to poring island and lure as many things as you can without dying and play Congo line with them. I do that to entertain myself sometimes when i am bored.

Quote:You are right... Actually there is no bad equipment

actually there is bad equipment, ones that are made through silly impatience. i once gave a friend a +9 composite bow[4] and he is so impatient he just placed any random card he has in his kafra storage into it. to be more precise the bow became something like jelopy, strength, vitality and detox. imo a waste of a good item.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
09-08-2008 12:46 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

one of my fondest memories on heRO is exploring the RO world with oka's tk as a guide. try it out, the world is very large Icon_wink
09-08-2008 12:49 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Please hear my story, I need advice.

teOx Wrote:one of my fondest memories on heRO is exploring the RO world with oka's tk as a guide. try it out, the world is very large Icon_wink

Especially near rachel and all the (very empty why are they there) rachel fields ;p

09-08-2008 01:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bakaman Offline

Today I started my Acolyte, Tifa_Lockhart. She is 50/37 right now and I'm very tired so I need to take a break.

Doing that Warp npc quest gave me a gift box with a Santa Poring card inside :D Is it always like that?

I also got a metaling card , that I sold for 500k. That alone was more than enough to cover any expenses I had with??her npc gear. Things are looking good!

Now I'm leveling @ metalings , 1N of lighthalzen. I plan to go to cruisers ( TF 2) soon since I have pneuma. Good choice?

I'm open to any kind of advice , as always :D Thanks again.
09-08-2008 04:58 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

my favorite way to level any acolyte is firelocks but other ways work too.

i'm not sure what level you need to be but i usually tell people to switch to investigate/asura build as soon as possible. in my opinion it is the best (most optimal) build because you can level at full speed while MVPing monsters on the side with a good asura. if you need help building one, PM Rykugen in game he helps alot of people do it as early as possible to oneshot sleepers or level on ice titans.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008 05:32 PM by teOx.)
09-08-2008 05:30 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Since the point of the monk is minimal cost and probably means that she's already in battle build at base lvl 40, I don't think she can healbomb firelocks. However, I think firelock remains a good choice with pneuma.

As for the giftbox, it's a low level quest when you unlock the main towns of Rune Midgard that each savepoint gives you a small gift, and one of them gives you a giftbox. Giftboxes can give santa poring card at random.

09-08-2008 05:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply