Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please hear my story, I need advice.
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Please hear my story, I need advice.

lol i did nothing but highly recommend making a formless chain at one point to make things easier for him now and in his trans life. if you disagree so much then oh well.

consider it a recommendation for the 2 of you as well then.

and +1 to everything ayu said. there is nothing wrong with being equipment oriented. you dont think i have fun on RO? Thinking shoot for the stars why limit yourself. gears are the difference between being able to or unable to go to some places. tell me whats more fun. look at LW and tell us we dont have a blast Icon_smile

and wira, it seems being able to go "most anywhere" has become subjective as well.

edit: missed your last post lin lol oh well not editing.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 01:11 PM by teOx.)
09-11-2008 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Again given the nature of the monk, I won't even bother investing in triple formless chain... he's only going to do sleepers for zeny and nothing else anyway. Get a formless chain only if the monk is going to join the "usable character" crew instead of a support char towards funding.

I'll personally get 12 int for a 12% boost which is pretty decent for sp recovery items. Once you got yourself a "satisfying dex" then pump the rest to int, leaving both agi and vit at 1. This sounds totally crazy and absurd, but it works *IF YOU ARE STAYING AT SLEEPER ONLY* and nothing else. (fish handles everything if you're only at sleepers)

09-11-2008 01:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

racial set of chains should be in every champion's plans. formless is just one of the first i would get. (sleepers, MVPing, ice titans...)

dont forget at one point the invested triple formless chain will pay itself off since it makes sleepers TWICE as fast and use less fish...
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 01:17 PM by teOx.)
09-11-2008 01:16 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

What they've been saying is this is purely a zeny character and he doesn't plan to make a champ with it, rather he'll just use it to be supporting the knight, future lord knight.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-11-2008 01:34 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

yeah and im saying paying 10mil+ for a triple formless chain is worth it even for a zeny char for doubled speed, halved fish usage, more versatility, etc. Icon_suprised less than 1 week youll have that money back and alot more waiting for you.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 01:43 PM by teOx.)
09-11-2008 01:43 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Over time if he can make it it's definitely worth it, depends how much zeny he wants to make for the knight anyhow, but probably not so much on short term plan. Buying chains to overupgrade, buying the 3 peco egg cards, not only is it costly, but you also need to actually have someone selling them.

So if it was up to me, I'd make it a side project you know, when you see either chain/ppe card not too expensive you buy it and put it in storage until ready to assemble it.

~ Server Admin ~
09-11-2008 01:56 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

yeah what panda said! Icon_razz
09-11-2008 01:59 PM
Bakaman Offline

RE:??Please hear my story, I need advice.

GM-Pandora Wrote:Over time if he can make it it's definitely worth it, depends how much zeny he wants to make for the knight anyhow, but probably not so much on short term plan. Buying chains to overupgrade, buying the 3 peco egg cards, not only is it costly, but you also need to actually have someone selling them.

So if it was up to me, I'd make it a side project you know, when you see either chain/ppe card not too expensive you buy it and put it in storage until ready to assemble it.

Agreed 100%... I will continue making money for my Knight, but i will keep an eye for Chains and peco egg cards.
Hmm 3 peco egg cards? Wouldn't 2 peco eggs + 1 skel worker be more effective?

The money definitely is great at sleepers. Today I bought one more Magni, and tried to upgrade it along with the other Magni I had. Both reached +6 , but when I tried +7 one of them broke so I chose to keep the other one at +6 till I get another one.
09-11-2008 06:56 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It might be slightly more effective in damage but.. 1hit is 1hit xD

Skel Worker is a lot more expensive than ppe, which are already not cheap.

In addition with a 3x ppe you can hit titan too.

~ Server Admin ~
09-11-2008 07:00 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

You want to consider flexibility when it comes to pvm equipment sometimes. 2 peco egg + 1 skel worker is more effective against sleeper, but 3 peco egg you can use it for all of thor, sleepers, ice titan and a few other mvps as well. It's not optimal for sleepers, but you probably rather have 1 "pretty darn good" 3 peco egg chain instead of making 3 sets of "2 peco egg + 1 size" chains for all situations. You will go insane if you do that right now.

(do those kinds of things when you are extremely well established and filthy rich)

Gah Ninja-ed by panda...

09-11-2008 07:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply