Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old School RPG's
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

RE: Old School RPG's

umm, battle chess? thats old. its like wizzard chess but more pixelated and runs on 8 bit color. have anyone played the arrow flash or the original sonic the hedgehog? i still have civ1 and masters of orion.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
09-11-2008 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Not to mention that Tactics Ogre is far more challenging than FFT can ever be... 4 equip slot restriction INCLUDING ITEMS and as mentioned... death is death. Only 3 spells each character with using how mp starts at 0 and characters need to rely on natural regen to get the SP for the damaging spells too.

The plotline is a lot more serious and strict compare to FFT, though you can see some of the same element being carried over. Multiple paths of the game's plot with crucial decision making gives TO a very, very high replayability.

If you can't tell, I do like TO far more than FFT.

//

Ogre Battle I never finished it though... I guess I'm not good enough for it yet since it's too hard for me in the middle >_<;

09-11-2008 10:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

w00t, I never even heard of Tactics Ogre! I'm gonna look for it right now and play on the emulator XD
@Herman - Sorry I didn't like any Ultima game besides the Online one lol
09-11-2008 10:31 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I really never liked Tactics Ogre...its not the perma death that bugged me about it, just couldn't get myself into the series =/

*Wants to try Fire Emblem series and Advance Wars series now*

Whut 'bout Pokemans guyz? Did you play those on the gameboy at all? Do you still play them? *My response, I did play Pokemon, Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, and Silver but none outside of that*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2008 11:40 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I played red and silver a bit. If you like pokemon give Jade Cocoon a try!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-11-2008 11:56 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I played all the way up to leaf green/fire red. It's not that I don't like diamond/pearl, but I can't possibly grind on both heRO and Pokemon (Pokemon being the one with the *worse grind* out of the 2.)

Actually, for those who know me how I never PVP in heRO or only very rarely, once upon a time I competitively PVPed in Pokemon 3rd generation on metagame ^_^;;; (and lots of other things happened there too, good and bad)

Tactics Ogre isn't really for everyone... political, serious, 100% lack of jokes (cause it's serious), and very low customization for each character unlike FFT how you can take abilities from one class and add it to another and so on. It's all going for realistic factor and... even more seriousness.

The major thing that bugs me about fire emblem: duplicated classes, and lots of them, and you know that only one of them is capable of the job. Sadly, you don't know who sucks and who doesn't most of the time without looking at FAQs, and by then it defeats all purposes...

09-11-2008 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

i was god at gold Icon_twisted (at my school at least Icon_biggrin)

99mewtwo
99tyranitar
99ho-oh
99lugia
99typhlosion
99haxed mew psychic killer
and my 99 pidgey!!
Love

FFT was awesomesauce ramza and delita ftw!

golden sun anyone? Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 01:28 PM by teOx.)
09-11-2008 01:20 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

haha, man, i forgot to mention faxanadu for the nes =D and zelda 2 which is rpg/adventurish so yeah, though i guess all the zelda games could be considered the same.
09-11-2008 01:41 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

every game is role playing.

i think we're going for turn-based/menu-battling role playing. XD;;
09-11-2008 01:46 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Mmm, if I want perma death and a few laughs I'll play Langirsser 1 or AKA Warsong for the Genesis. I'm still trying to get the one that D translated for the CD version of the game as it is superior in every possible way. Alas though....I cannot get it to stop doing this disc reading error Icon_sad

Anyway, FFT was too easy, it had potential in every way to be difficult as all get out and refused to do it to me. Darn stupid AI's of strategy RPG's Icon_sad

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2008 01:49 PM