Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old School RPG's
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Old School RPG's

Only a few people know the true depth of Pokemon Metagame past the kidde wrappers, so be quiet now teOx. Not to mention, highest level is 100 not 99 you nubcake.

I wouldn't consider Golden Sun an old RPG (or really all as stellar as it is said to be) ;p

09-11-2008 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

yeah 100 oops! Laugh??

i m kiddie wrapper player Cry Icon_cry

thats like me with smashbros then. everyone who thought they were good never met a pro Icon_cool
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2008 02:07 PM by teOx.)
09-11-2008 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Golden Sun was very mediocre...they talked WAY TOO MUCH for WAY TOO LONG! D: *shivers like they do in that darn game*

And Pokemon...hey man I played for passing time. My oldschool team was this in the Yellow Version.

Raichu *traded to get this*
Flareon
Gyrados
Sandslash
Vileplume
Clefable...

I liked this team so much I did everything I could to keep it in Silver, cept I changed Clefable for Togepi cause he was superior in every way it seemed like.

Oh and Namine talking about metagame for Pokemon, yah I have a friend who is huge on making strats for each of her Pokemon to perform. Like I think in a later Pokemon there is a move that heals and puts you to sleep and then you do this other move where you are in sleep mode and she basically kills you doing this. I really hate it D:

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2008 02:17 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

sounds like snorlax!!!!!!! Icon_suprised
09-11-2008 02:20 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Nah she did this with another pokemon in the later versions of the game. Dark Pokemon in later versions=hax too :o

09-11-2008 02:21 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

sleep talk + rest, but you can taunt it and the strat flops. It's also great time to stat up or baton pass too forcing them to switch out on sleep.

09-11-2008 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

omg ayu teh pro! Icon_biggrin
09-11-2008 02:26 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

There you go, see Ayu and my friend need to battle each other sometime, they would have a great hoot I bet :]

09-11-2008 02:53 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

beyond the first 2 pokemon games i've not really played them much, waaaaaay too much strategy for my tastes in a game that doesn't have all that much to offer me, though it is fun to hax mew in to the original games (without a cheating device =D)

also @ teOx, yes you can consider all games role playing if you want to take that perspective, but i'm referring to the different genres each game takes on (megaman games are more action/adventure genre whereas the Madden games are sports genre =P), but you are right all games are role playing
09-11-2008 02:58 PM
Seriyu Offline

It looks like we've moved on to pokemon but if you're lookin for a good turn based SNES RPG take a look at Bahamut lagoon, one of the things that got me into it was the fact that elemental attacks would alter terrain. Ice magic or the like would freeze water so you could walk on it, fire would set forests on fire, etc. It's pretty nice.

You'd need a translation patch, and a way to apply it, unless you can find a translated rom, which is... actually pretty common for that game, I think. /hmm

Nontheless, if you have trouble with finding one, or just want a translated rom of it, PM me or somethin. :o

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
09-11-2008 03:47 PM