Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old School RPG's
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Old School RPG's

Mmm Bahamut Lagoon, I remember trying that one out, it was so so to me.
Rudra no Hihou or whatever was alright only cause the magic system was so funny in that game.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-11-2008 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Bahamut Lagoon didn't really get me...

Romancing Saga 3 anyone? Great start, horrible end-game type of thing... it's Square's first attempt of MMORPG while being offline, imho. Result? I explore for the sake of exploring and I totally didn't realize that a plot exist... play for game mechanics only, and even that has frustrating moments.

@Aaron- I retired from competitive Pokemon metagaming after leading the interforum championship for one forums ^_^; I'm 100% talk and 100% rust by now.

09-11-2008 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fudashi Offline
finds your lack of faith disturbing.

Yay for SNES RPGs... I remember back in the day when I first saw Secret of Mana... had a Sega MegaDrive and got Super Hydlide for it, which was nowhere near as good Icon_razz

Going older school, anyone else played Sentinel Worlds 1: Future Magic? I spent ages on my old CGA PC playing that... and the old text-based dungeon crawlers like Moria, Nethack, Omega... hours of my life lost to those beasts.

I even completed Moria once... ah, the memories of my @ symbol taking out ancient multi-hued dragons...

[Image: jacksig.gif]
JackOfShadows - Lvl 95(!) Rogue
Jack Of Mice - Lvl 83 Wizard
Jack Of Trades - Lvl 80 Blacksmith
09-11-2008 07:12 PM
BlueAlchemy Offline

RE:??Old School RPG's

teOx Wrote:final fantasy 3(6), chrono trigger, secret of mana, mario RPG.

Icon_evil

dang those are also my favorite SNES games,

A long time ago me and my brother almost beated Secret of mana, but then our computer got stolen and we just basicly gave up on trying to get back to where we were when we got our new computer.

I also got the origonal cartridge of Chronotrigger and Mario RPG, I even got the stratagey guide from when the game was first released, ahh the memoriesWhistle

*sets up Snes and starts playing a collection of games*

Characters:
Zraxus (main) Creator
Brave Sir Robin    Bard
Inigo   Crusader
VixPaladin  (for gods sake I'm a priest not a paladin)
Check out my store!
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2008 02:50 AM by BlueAlchemy.)
09-12-2008 02:49 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

RE: ??Old School RPG's

BlueAlchemy Wrote:I also got the origonal cartridge of Chronotrigger

OH MY GOD, it's my DREAM to have that cartridge and is that guide from CT too or from MarioRPG? Btw, are you selling those?? XD (seriously lol)

About Romancing Saga 3, it happened exactly that way to me too Ayu, its plot is really confusing and that switching character/storylines is kinda weird but well it was a new concept at that time.

Bahamut Lagoon is AWESOME, I loved it, it's really complex though, I played it for weeks until I finally ended and it took some days to get used to the system, however I had, like, 10 years, so I don't know for sure if it's really complex like that or what Icon_biggrin
09-12-2008 02:02 PM
Seriyu Offline

Yea, see, kohaku knows what he's talkin about Icon_razz

I haven't actually beaten it, or gotten too far in general, not too good at strategy games. :o

And yeah, chrono trigger is awesome, my alchemist, gaspar, is actually a pretty nerdy reference to it, and it's a wonder you have a cartridge of it. They're really rare these days. Used to have a super mario RPG guide myself, but the pages fell out of it and it fell apart entirely.

Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
09-13-2008 01:27 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Earthbound anyone?

Battle Chess!! I had that on an old dos computer. Sword of the Samurai and Loom were also other great old games I had on that computer.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
09-13-2008 03:14 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

but gaspar isn't an alchemist...he's the prophet of time! too bad we don't really have much of a time-elemental class, though that would be really fun to have, though they'd have to share increase/decrease agi with priests, but i don't see much harm in that, though there isn't a whole lot of time magic, just the hastes and slows and stops, maybe a berserk type status, but they usually couple gravity element with time element, but meh, this isn't about RO, it's about Old School RPGs =D

i guess playstation 1 games could be considered old school now, which there were a lot of nice games for that, like Lunar, Grandia, and my all-time favorite Chrono Cross
09-13-2008 03:15 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Lunar Grandia and Chrono Cross... lol frogboy you really have to teach me how the heck did you get in to those games. Sadly, I fail to appreciate any of those 3 u_u;;

09-13-2008 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Lunar....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....that game dragged and dragged and Nash was the only character along with Jessica that I liked.

Grandia series you only play for its combat system, I never pay attention to their stories *wow number 2 you made Ryudo such a lame and flat character by the end of the game I wonder where his cocky butt had flown off to*.

Earthbound is amazingly funny, need to get back on that game and finish it for my boyfriend cause I was showing him how great the humor was of the game.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-13-2008 10:43 AM