[size=xx-large]ARIES! COME BACK PLEASE![/size]

Cry

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
10-12-2008 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user
Ayreon Offline

RE: Apologizes to the server

Let me say in advance, that I never really... got along well with Aries personally. Anyhow I feel the need to delight you with my thoughts. Evil

Insulting a member from the gm-team, who sacrifies her spare-time providing an excellent RO-server for free was plain wrong. Yet, if you know the circumstances, it wasn't his intention to express his dislike against anyone at all - all he wanted was what was promised to him. Icon_wink
Under these circumstances I would personally reconsider, whether the suitable penalty should be a complete ban or a ban for a few weeks. I think the later penalty ensures, he will never do anything wrong again anyway, because he knows, how close he was to "losing it". Also he did, what he could, trying to make things right again.

Thanks for reading, thats just my 2 cents.
PS: PvP is almost dead now, with Aries and Stephio beeing banned... Cry

Retired! Have fun everyone =)
(^Lin^ (Prof), Divine Failure (H.Priest), Naga (Monk))
10-14-2008 06:21 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

lol yeh it kinda is.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
10-14-2008 08:04 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

He knew it was wrong, yet he willingly did it anyway. Maybe he didn't mean what he said, maybe he did, only he knows that, we're not in his head, but bottom line is that he still said it. And just because greed was his motive does not excuse it, quite the contrary.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-14-2008 11:29 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Apologizes to the server

GM-Pandora Wrote:And just because greed was his motive does not excuse it, quite the contrary.

Your saying greed is worse than hating?
-devil's advocate

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2008 12:32 PM by Général_Argos.)
10-14-2008 12:31 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

No, ok maybe "on the contrary" wasn't the right wording, but it doesnt make it better. Oh he only did it of of greed you know.. /swt pff

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-14-2008 01:00 PM
Ayreon Offline

Well, he offered 6mil and a Hydra Card, which is a lot for saying anything on main. (Its stupid to take the offer, I know, but there was also a good change that no gm was on right?)

And taking this insult serious, is like... When a 9year old boy on the street calls you names. you don't care. And here, you know, what his motives are, so I wouldnt take it seriously either. Kissy2

Retired! Have fun everyone =)
(^Lin^ (Prof), Divine Failure (H.Priest), Naga (Monk))
10-14-2008 06:14 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Heh, I remember the situation, it wasn't just Aries that gave into the bribes. There were several others. I did warn people to stop though, and I'm sure it was quickly reported. Amil was a little bit known for causing trouble x(

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-14-2008 06:28 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I bet you could get anyone to say anything on @main given the right incentive.??If I offered someone 2mil to type out the words to "I'm a little teapot" or "Never gonna give you up" on @main most people would do it.??What about 4mil to badmouth for a line or five about whichever allegiance (L/D) they weren't on.??How about 8 mil to talk bad about their last server???If you don't think you're going to get in serious trouble for it you are even more likely to do it.??This is true to a much greater extent with veteran players. If I made some snide comment about Pandora on @main I certainly wouldn't expect to get banned for it.??I wouldn't even expect an 'official' reprimand.??The only thing I would 'expect' to come of it would be @mainers telling me how hard she works on the server. It's not as severe as what Aries and the others did but it's basically the same without the spamming isn't it?

Was it stupid of Aries to do???Yes.??Was it his own fault that he got punished???Yes.??Did the GMs handle the issue as well as they could have???I don't think so.??I think they took it personally and overreacted.??What Amil did was take good 'loyal' players and turn them against the server with a little bit of money and items.??As a server owner that must hurt.??You build a nice little carebear community only to have them turn their back on you so quickly. So what was your response???Well, you most certainly turned your back on them in return.??Amil was the one out to get you and yet you punished the people he used as tools just as severely.??I would have taken away what he gave them and muted/jailed them for a month, but it's not like their comments were directed at me or anything.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2008 02:28 AM by Kadar.)
10-15-2008 02:25 AM
Former-GM-Vanadis Offline

One of the problems here is that you think he thought he wouldn't get punished, which is a wrong assumption. He did it knowing that he risked losing his account.

Something to report to the GMs? Use the heRO support ticket system!

Wondering what custom content is in heRO? Check out the heRO Wiki!
10-15-2008 02:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed