Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my account???
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

RE: my account???

So I can create an imaginary sister and open another account on my other PC at home with same IP and it's OK?
What I mean is, you can't PROVE there's 1 physical per account or not, you can't see the person using the computer.
10-03-2008 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

RE:??my account???

Bloody Wrote:What if involves a player who saw him do this offence reporting him? The player will get a bad reputation and the offender's friends could make his life on heRO miserable. The only one who deserves to see this undeniable proof is Sthephio and only in private. So how about we stay out of this whole thing -_- ?

We seem to be trying to figure out if its possible that we can physically prove (with IP addresses and such) he was dual clienting... lets not forget what bloody said (see above).. lets do this like any other similar ban.. let them discuss privately, it really isnt our business >.<

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
10-03-2008 10:46 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Well, it would be a bit strange if your imaginary sister only ever logged on to buff you, wouldn't it?

I'd also imagine that it would be easy for them to check logs, and see what charcters are active at when times from the same IP.
Unless you can manage play RO on two computers, properly, at once.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
10-03-2008 10:48 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Just to make it clear: I'm not discussing this Stephio's problem, I just wanna know how can you prove it's dual-clienting or simply another person in another computer with same IP using(obviously) another account.
10-03-2008 10:50 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

I'm saying it may not be how they are proving it, Kohaku... if a player were to see him say he was dual clienting or see him doing it, and reported it.. it could turn into a ban.. just looking at IP addresses is not the only way to prove that he was doing it.. on the contrary, i think we have proved here that strictly checking IP addresses doesn't hold much ground and GM's seem to agree. If we want to argue about policy in banning, go ahead, but lets not here...

edit: grammar..hehe

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2008 11:06 AM by Herman.)
10-03-2008 10:55 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

KohakuSan Wrote:Just to make it clear: I'm not discussing this Stephio's problem, I just wanna know how can you prove it's dual-clienting or simply another person in another computer with same IP using(obviously) another account.

Many, many ways~ asking all accounts on the same IP to reply to different checks all at the same time being the most commonly used method of them all. If it's 2 accounts from the same IP, we expect there to be 2 people who are capable of responding to checks *at the same time*.

Is this only such a big deal really only because "it's an old player"? We catch bots quite often, and we ban "without showing evidence or giving other player a chance to explain" but we seem to be pretty accepting of a post saying "someone's botting so we banned him/her." If the name is a 'famous player' suddenly we demand showing multiple players of evidences, giving out all info from players and chat logs alike to the wide public (so much for support ticket's promised secrecy that you only show evidence to GMs eh?) and need the server to pass an approval?

Need a referendum on every ban with 2 week voting period and campaigning then? 3 screenshots, 1 video, 2 chat log evidence and 2 non-GM eye witness to supervise our checks?

Like Krimlin said very well, old player veteran status and in-server reputation are all invalid as any form of 'defense' against rule breaking. Just like how we don't apply favoritism against anyone when we re bypassing judgment to the best of our abilities, we also ask the server not to think about favoritism and social ties when they look at GM's decisions.

Question us and inquire more if a GM decision seems a bit odd to you, but I'll be quite upset if the only reason you can come up with is "but this is an old player."

10-03-2008 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Yeah, I'm bringing it a little off-topic but there's nowhere else to say that and I'm not creating a thread to do so.
Just to end this, I'm not posting anymore here about that.
So, let's say, if I have 2 accounts, lend one to someone else to transfer, help me level or whatever it is, someone else see 2 chars that he/she knows belongs to me and SS that. Is that a ban reason? (As I said, I'm not posting here anymore so I don't bring that too off-topic)

EDIT:
@Ayu - I'm just curious on how you do that, I'm not defending him here(although I trust he probably didn't do that), and with the lan house arguments and all, I wanted to see how can you do that dual-client checking.

Yeah I know that kind of check, but I mean, technical check, since from what I saw, in that case, it was a SS that was sent so you can't do those "reply checks"
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2008 11:13 AM by KohakuSan.)
10-03-2008 11:08 AM
Killouz Offline
Siromas Killer :D

I think it can be a reason. Who would bot with a a lvl 99 and lot of good stuff?
10-03-2008 11:08 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Killouz Wrote:I think it can be a reason. Who would bot with a a lvl 99 and lot of good stuff?

Botting isn't even being discussed.
Duel clienting is. <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
10-03-2008 11:11 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Killouz Wrote:I think it can be a reason. Who would bot with a a lvl 99 and lot of good stuff?
greed.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
10-03-2008 11:11 AM
Thread Closed