Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Is It That When I'm Depressed, I Drink?
t0nz0r Away
Sir Awesomeness

RE: Why Is It That When I'm Depressed, I Drink?

Personally I believe it's just a scapegoat.

When I used to drink because I was depressed, I used to forget why I was down in the first place. Used to chillax and be absolvant to music + things that made me happy. Until it was brought up in my head, then it made me even worse until I had to talk about it.. Of course it varies from person to person.

I escaped from that when I hit my second chance at life and realised that there's certainly more to live for than wasting my life being depressed. After all, I don't want to hit 60 years old and realise I've wasted my younger years because I was depressed over something stupid..Or really depressed at all.

I do still drink on occasions, but only because I'm catching up with friends, definently not to escape problems anymore.

Remember: Alcohol is an excuse to run away. The only way they'll be solved is if you confront them head-on.

This is just my opinion, May not necessarily be right, but yeah.

[Image: tonysig8ll-1.jpg]
10-19-2008 03:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Some people, instead of booze, turn to chocolate and foods like cheese and stuff with high fat/sugar/high fructose corn syrup content to deal with the same stresses. Food and drink is used to celebrate or mourn just about everything imaginable.

also +1 to mystra's post
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2008 07:00 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-19-2008 06:59 PM
ggx7 Offline

it's a form of coping and we all have different ways of coping...

for me i do a few things.. listen to laid back music or vent out my anger through working out which is another form of coping with things going on in my life... maybe this way is not necessarily the best way to deal with things, but it's "my" way and it's also a judgement call as well on each person. conversing is also another good way too... like right now we're all learning something/taking something from this topic
10-19-2008 11:29 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

smoking, drinking, gambling, RP-ing, F-ing, etc. could all be forms of projection...

learn to be a master of your own emotions...

-w-
10-19-2008 11:41 PM