Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??[Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition

Prontera Nobility News Wrote:OOC: All of you may wish to make follow up posts or other replies in response to the High Priest's comments:

<><><>

@The Legendary Joe:

"Certainly now is not the time to put blames on the cause, as all that I pray for now is the speedy recovery of St. Vitus. I am confident that St. Vitus has his valid reasons given his experiences in similar situations that there are explanations of his action in the mission. Though I have heard of no more than a potential pseudo-science of medicine, the said practice of acupuncture is still popular among the people in the eastern nations beyond Rune Midgard and the Schwartzvald Republic. Though it is worth considering, as you mentioned a well trained practitioner along with only the very best of apparatuses are fit for St. Vitus as there is no room for any mistakes... where can you find such skilled practitioners and other necessities?"
I would suggest searching through Louyang, as the roots of Acupuncture's study is part of their rich cultural history. As other places where Acupuncture has spread to have shown great dissapointment, (Amatsu's doctors couldn't even tell the difference between illness and demonic posession).
Louyang Prides itself on the physical fitness as well as the well being of the souls of their people. Be it food or medicine, I have seen their quality is among the finest.
I'd look into Bascojin, the white lady, but who knows if she'd be willing to listen to our plight.
10-31-2008 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Prontera Nobility News Offline

RE: [Forum RP Event] St. Vitus in Critical Condition

@ J J J

"As much as I am very appreciative and is glad that such a young child as yourself is willing to do all that you can to help St. Vitus, the legendary alchemical drink of the Elixir of Life has its drawbacks. There are many rumored different formulas to the Elixir of Life. It is certainly a bit ironic that Sakura, a Lif Homunculus and product of alchemy itself, supposedly knows the 'true' formula of the Elixir of Life above all the other alchemists who actively create Homunculus embryos as their practices. How can I trust the words of a product, when the product's creators are equally confused and contradicting in the supposed Elixir of Life? As much as I read over your proposals from Sakura and the suggested items match the nature of the geography and possibility... well, I mentioned my worries already."

///

@ Hiro

"A technological expert of modern day creation such as a fine Gunslinger as yourself, to be so informed of the alternate planes is a bit of a surprise to me... Hidden knowledge and secret wisdom of the unidentified planes, such as the 'lost world' that you speak of, would not receive a name as such ('lost' world) if such great extent of knowledge is known about it... as if this is a fictional tale or at most a folklore. There seems to be a bit of difference compare to what you mention and the order of events that take place, which I cannot help but be skeptical about your proposals. Although it is possible that Eudoxie and her apprentices disappeared to prepare this dark ritual, never was there an invasion of her forces. If such a spell is said to be fallen out of practice due to a lack of application and purpose, then is this not a contradiction to the case with St. Vitus's condition at the moment? If this mentioned spell of yours has no real purpose, then it should have no correlation with St. Vitus's case... all of this unclear speculation give me a sense of doubt if you have a clear understanding of the real situation at hand..."

///

@Fenrisulfr

OOC: I highlight, bold or color RP character worlds just so that players can recognize who they are a bit easier, so that they won't be confused with player names vs GM supported 'NPC' for roleplaying. You don't have to go through the trouble to do the highlighting and so on ^_^;

OOC: Eudoxie's "crew" is a fine enough word choice.

"An insightful theory as it is hard to believe that you are only a foreigner to these parts of the land. What perplexes me is how does Eudoxie successfully link her power to be in direct parallel to that of St. Vitus when St. Vitus himself only come to assist the Light Allegiance in these recent times. St. Vitus was swift to action against the Dark Conjurer on behalf of Lady Thea the leader of the Light Allegiance and representative of the Goddess Hestia. He broke the Summoning Bond for Skoll with success and persecuted Eudoxie's apprentices without rest. Although all of that has been done, St. Vitus's time spent in this part of the world is at most one month and he has never entered a direct engagement against Eudoxie. Many of both Light and Dark Allegiance questioned the rather uncharacteristic nature of Eudoxie in hiding in these recent days (which St. Vitus also speculated and pondered about), as in the past Eudoxie makes her appearances well known and clear many, many times... How did Eudoxie in her hiding still manage to establish to link her powers to that of St. Vitus during such a short time baffles me..."

///

OOC: I believe that I answered everyone's first post. In general, you are either told of things that is very hard for you to find out (especially if you are new to heRO, which is to no fault of your own), or is questioned about the uncertainty of things that the game/server never told you about at all. In your next post, you have to try to defend your proposals against doubts, supposed contradictions, and questions, and learn to handle sudden revelation of new information. Only the vivid and well constructed responses show to the Light Allegiance that obviously you are certain of the concepts/theories to your proposal and is absolutely clear in what you have to do. After your next reply, I'll probably start suggestion or even putting plans to action, so be careful about your next post now to those who already proposed a plan.

New plans to join are obviously welcomed, but you better hope that there's no room for me to try to critique you as you're a bit behind on time compare to everyone else now!

-Connecting the honored members of the Rune Midgard Nobility with the common people-
11-01-2008 02:50 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

OOC: I'll make my post to say why they should go with my plan later today, think of my earlier post as simply an opener x)

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-01-2008 01:04 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

Prontera Nobility News Wrote:@ Hiro

"A technological expert of modern day creation such as a fine Gunslinger as yourself, to be so informed of the alternate planes is a bit of a surprise to me... Hidden knowledge and secret wisdom of the unidentified planes, such as the 'lost world' that you speak of, would not receive a name as such ('lost' world) if such great extent of knowledge is known about it... as if this is a fictional tale or at most a folklore. There seems to be a bit of difference compare to what you mention and the order of events that take place, which I cannot help but be skeptical about your proposals. Although it is possible that Eudoxie and her apprentices disappeared to prepare this dark ritual, never was there an invasion of her forces. If such a spell is said to be fallen out of practice due to a lack of application and purpose, then is this not a contradiction to the case with St. Vitus's condition at the moment? If this mentioned spell of yours has no real purpose, then it should have no correlation with St. Vitus's case... all of this unclear speculation give me a sense of doubt if you have a clear understanding of the real situation at hand..."

I can unserstand your doubt and I see it well founded. While I
am well versed in modern technolegy, it takes many years of
study and research of both the past technologies and modern
techniques. This knowledge helps us develop futhere and not make
the same mistakes as a mistake with a weapon such as a gun
would be disasterous. In addition, the magic arts are not out
of my reach (OCC: as noted by magic scolls and GT-Destiny (Mage)).
This world I speak of, while it is called "lost" is not really
of that nature. This world is well documented throughout in the
towns of Geffen, Morrocc, and Yuno. The text and other records
show of its existance at one time in history and of a terrifing
monster that was the ruler of that world. While that monster
is sealed away, the world he created remained. That world was
also sealed away and our current world sits in its place. While
it is not normally reachable, it is through the dark arts.

While my recollection of events is not exact, the ritual does
not require any form of invasion, nor did I mention any invasion
priest. Are you hiding something from me? All I said was that
there was a gathering of material while the apprentices roamed
free in this world.

As for the ritual, it is in fact out of practice due to lack
of purpose and any application, but is is still a ritual art
that has been recorded. The text that contains the ritual was
supposidly sealed and lost to time, but apparently it was
obtained by Eudoxie's apprenttices. The existance of such a
spell would find purpose eventually to some. That is why it
remained in existance rather then being destroyed.

I understand the situation, your St. Vitus is unconcious and not
responding to anything that you have tried. The ritual spell
was meant to kill the people on a large scale, but because of
your St. Vitus' position and magical potencial himself, he has
been able to resist the spell so far, but for how much longer we
do not know. I know of this because of the shards of information
that remained scattered through out this world. Soon if he
becomes too weak, the spell will take its full course and kill
him. The spell I mentioned as the cure is another spell
meant to seal spells, people, monsters, or anything else in that
matter. Preformed on a large enough scale, it could even seal a
god although the material requirements would be slightly
different.This spell is documented throughout Yuno and the
reminence of Morrocc. By sealing the ritual spell, it will
stop its progression and allow St. Vitus to use his magical
potencial to fight the spell, and in time, make a recovery
from the ritual spell. However, if the seal were to be broken
before the ritual spell is removed, this will occur again.

((OOC: I think Book of the Dead would be a fitting "text" to record such a ritual))

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 07:28 PM by GT-Hiro.)
11-01-2008 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JJJ Offline
JJJ

But, both me and Sakura spent enough time hiding around in the darkest parts of the Lighthalzen laboratories to know all the theories. But this is the one we're sure will work, we both know about all the theories but this one is special! I mean you can even ask Kirkena if it'll work because I'm sure it will. Not to mention that the herbs found in Bascojin's garden are already know to posses amazing healing abilities. So mixing a amazing healing herb with a goddess' tear should amplify its magical power, not to mention the magic that would be endowed with the magic from Kirkena's cauldron. So there's no way it can fail, I'm sure of it and so is Sakura. But if you don't want our help, I guess at least we tried right?

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
11-01-2008 09:39 PM

Prontera Nobility News

Yesterday, Eudoxie and her groups had a large scale attack against the city of Rachel in order to find the bedridden St. Vitus whom the Light Allegiance hid for care within the city. Although the heroes rushed to the city and clashed in a major battle against Eudoxie's forces, the Incantation Samurai bested the heroes and defeated them, taking away the unconscious St. Vitus away from the Light Allegiance.

Although St. Vitus's whereabouts are now unknown, news from Dr. McNinja and the other heroes when they talk with the Incantation Samurai in Amatsu is that he is most likely still alive. While search parties are sent out to try to find St. Vitus, Rachel continues to prepare methods for a cure to St. Vitus and hopefully be ready for treatment the moment St. Vitus returns to Rachel.

-Connecting the honored members of the Rune Midgard Nobility with the common people-
11-02-2008 02:23 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Again, I understand that you may feel some distrust towards me being a part of the light allegience for a being of Erebos lives inside my very soul...However, I find Eudoxie's methods and schemes the wrong way for a better change in this world. Ostellos may feel otherwise, but I assure you again, I feel otherwise towards Eudoxie.

Again, without risks sir, and without action, we are more likely to lose this war all together than ever win. Yesterday is simply a small setback, we will search for Mr. Vitus and return him back home to Rachel City. I believe the trade off will be fair from the magic's powers and for Mr. Vitus. War has losses and gains, it is simply its nature. However, we could instead gather what we feel is enough energies from Ymir itself and use those bottled energies in the same ceremony performed above to create the desired effect. This should make it also harder for accidental "wishes" to form as there will not be as much energy flowing around. Again, everything else should apply as normal for the ceremony, except this time Mr. Vitus will probably be placed in a protective magic circle instead of directly under Ymir's energies.

For condencing the energies however...is a bit more work. Again, I can help as we Sages understand energy storage, removal, and transportation. I will require 100 Potion Bottles from the alchemical shop, 100 Worn Out Magic Scrolls, and for myself 1 Fire Dragon Scale. The bottles of course will contain the energies, while the Worn Out Magic Scrolls will help to contain them inside the magical field we create.. The Dragon Scale in this case is for me to have an easier time transferring the energies, however this ingridient most likely can be skipped as I am a most skilled Sage in the arts. If you use another Sage however, they may need this item.

I hope you will again reconsider my ideas for helping Mr. Vitus. I honestly believe if we can understand Ymir's magics along with Yggdrasil's we may be able to change the tides of the war in our favor, and again I state this could be one of total victory over Erebos.

EDIT: fixed a few typos X_x...

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2008 08:43 PM by Aaronock.)
11-02-2008 10:37 AM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

"If St. Vitus's condition is that bad, we should look at the Yggdrasil Tree for guidance. Its healing powers are the best that I know of. My Idea, is if we can somehow get those high priests to try and harness the power of the Tree, and use that power to heal St. Vitus."

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
11-02-2008 11:17 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Nameless Priest Wrote:
Fruityla Wrote:*Sighs* I thought we WEREN'T pointing fingers here. Well, just to get it out there, it's also our fault for not assigning a dedicated healer to him. Also, the tight, pitch-black tunnels were working against us...BIG TIME.

But enough of that.

It's clear that traditional, magical, methods of healing aren't working here. There are some wounds that just can't be healed by magic...the scars I bear on my body are proof of that. However, I find it a little odd that many of us fell in that raid, but we all managed to get back up. Yet Vitus didn't...perhaps he was cursed somehow? I think we should look into that. As well as anti-cursing methods if I turn out to be right.
"Lady Linnea, a pure randomized theoretical answer is not what we are looking for. With the given possibility that it is a curse upon a saint is already slim to none, there is no plan or any degree of certainty to your claims. Given the critical situation, I don't have the time to stop to think of the mild possibilities, and even then, to think of an answer against only the theoretical. I need to help St. Vitus to his recovery now before the situation worsens, or the followers of Eudoxie and the Dark Allegiance set off to their next advances..."

"You're so quick to throw out the idea of St Vitus being cursed, when it's a very real possibility. Sure, he's a holy saint and well-versed against demons and the like, but at the same time I'd think being holy would make him even MORE vulnerable to the darkness.

Rather than babble on for hours on end about how all this works, I'm going to give you the short verison; Light is weak against Dark. The same is true vice versa; Dark is weak against Light. Considering there were MANY creatures of the dark present at the time, it is quite possible that St Vitus being a holy being caused him to fall prey to some sort of curse from the attack of a dark creature. (OOC: Refer to the Holy element and Shadow/Undead element relationship. They're both weak against each other)

The fact he hasn't responded to the treatment of several powerful priests over the past few weeks raises a red flag to me. I'm reminded of a little girl that I treated as an acolyte. She had been cursed by a zombie and was stricken very ill and slowly dying. Eventually, I was able to cure her with a mere Blessing spell. Since St Vitus is a saint, the curse must be MUCH STRONGER to have left him in his current state. Therefore, it will require a stronger magic to cure.

I recall my father, who is a high priest, using a very powerful spell to lift curses of the nature that I speak of. For this he required a few catalysts before he could cast the spell;

10 Holy Water
5 Yggdrasil Leaves
1 Holy Thread
3 Red Gemstones
3 Yellow Gemstones
3 Blue Gemstone

The holy waters would then be doused over the wound(s) and the holy thread placed over the victim's body. The Yggdrasil leaves are then consumed by the caster. The caster casts the spell, using the gemstones up in the process. One this is done, the victim will be free of the curse and fully healed.

However, we need to return St Vitus first before we can do anything. But leave that to us heroes No1 We'll bring him back safe and sound."

OOC: Kinda surprised I came up with a way to defend the curse idea, really o_O;;

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
11-02-2008 03:29 PM

@Conch

"... the Goddess Hestia's blessing is a true gift of the Gods, residing with us since the War of Agony in the early history of man. If it is not for the Goddess's blessings, Father Marcus would not have been so successful to rally humanity together against Erebos and his minions of demons and fallen men. Thank you for the kind reminder and confirmation of faith in Goddess Hestia's blessings for the health of St. Vitus. As darkness creeps all around us, looking for our vulnerabilities to turn us away from the light to the corrupted path of the Dark Allegiance in every moment, so is the Goddess's blessings to help us fight against these temptations wherever we go, even in the Holy Grounds of Rachel Sanctuary.

I will try to the best of my powers to start the preparation of the service as you have described. These are sanctified garments of holy power that will help you to ward off evil, which will be fundamental for the alchemic process to nurse St. Vitus back to health. Once St. Vitus has been returned, we can commence with the healing."

Reward!
-15 gold bar
-1 mini furnance
-1 hammer of blacksmith
-1 divine clothes[1]

///

@Kretzer

"Circumstances have changed as sadly St. Vitus is no longer with us and has been captured by the vile Dark Conjurer's retainers. Queen Pixie ought to be contacted at all cost, yet I wonder who has the attachments to nature and is a dear friend of the Fairy Queen to be the link to the cause?

However, the young boy named J J J also came to me before to try to lend his assistance. From what I know talking with the boy, Sakura is a Lif Homunculus, created by the art of alchemy, in contrary to what you've mentioned as a creature of the natural woods. I'm doubtful rather a human creation of alchemy powers are capable to form a bond with the queen of the natural world...

We've sent investigators to the parts of the Moscovia Deep Woods, but we were unable to find anything out of the ordinary except for this small accessory which may have been shown traces of the fairies in the region. However, besides the accessory, there were no traces of the fairies in sight..."

OOC: flawed discrepancy about Lif homunculus and connection to fairies, not overly convincing from point of view of what a priest most likely knows/believes in

Reward!
-Flower Hairpin[0]

///

(more to reply to tonight or tomorrow night)

11-05-2008 08:27 PM