Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Thing About Private Servers
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: The Thing About Private Servers

Yah, I understand midrates and highrates being different, and of course we know why. But honestly I can say for many it is hard to start out on heRO from my experience of talking to people. If they are going it alone, they will probably get bored and leave, but this would probably apply to official servers too. In any MMO, I hate it when I can't meet friends on there myself. Thankfully guilds here on heRO overall are very good and very nice and not very hard to get into, so all players who access this server will at least find friends if they are truly interested.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-01-2008 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fatalis Offline
Shadow of Nobody

Official servers have those people who call you "noob" over your character's stat/skill build, an insane amount of bots (And no GMs attempting to stop them), and a very cramped, unfriendly feel, all topped off by the lag.

I won't say private servers are "better", since they ARE illegal (The software is open source and but the sprites are not), but I'd rather play on them instead of an inhospitable official server.

Click below for my (unfinished) wiki page!
[Image: PersonalSig.jpg]
[ Known in-game as Revenant Fatalis ]
11-01-2008 09:55 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??The Thing About Private Servers

Fatalis Wrote:Official servers have those people who call you "noob" over your character's stat/skill build,
You still have those here, but to a lesser degree.

Hell bloody calls everyone noob.

but the Pay to play thing is exactly the reason I'm playing here instead of the officials.

And Officials are probably not that hard if you have access to kafra rental items, seeing as how I've heard loads and loads of complaints about them.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 02:26 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-01-2008 02:25 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

But mine isn't as hateful as theirs!

My noob is to make people realize we are all equals in the eyes of god. We are all noobs!

Their noob is to make you feel like a lesser person. As if they are superior beings. And no, being an RO nerd doesn't make you a superior being <_> It means you have so much free time on your hands

Okanoooooooooob Icon_cry
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2008 02:29 PM by Bloody.)
11-01-2008 02:28 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

Bloody Wrote:But mine isn't as hateful as theirs!

My noob is to make people realize we are all equals in the eyes of god. We are all noobs!

Their noob is to make you feel like a lesser person. As if they are superior beings. And no, being an RO nerd doesn't make you a superior being <_> It means you have so much free time on your hands

Okanoooooooooob Icon_cry

All bow down to Kevnoob, the noob king ! (even noob god part time)

Between, the first thing i say most of the time when i log is : "hello bunch of noob" to the LW guild chat.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
11-01-2008 03:16 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

lol. indeed, if getting called a noob will make you cry, you have no place on iRO Icon_razz

either way i love both Icon_biggrin
11-02-2008 04:26 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

ehaltar, (i think i still remembered how to spell that name correctly) is your sig down the bottom a quote from stargate's Ori race's book of origin thingy?

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
11-02-2008 05:19 AM
Ling Offline
You know all you need to...

Yes because private servers have higher rates

See the Pwnage, Fear the Pwnage, Taste the Pwnage

Yotaku IV 95/50 Baby Bard
Yotaku VII 97/50 Hunter
11-02-2008 09:28 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

Rei Ayanami Wrote:ehaltar, (i think i still remembered how to spell that name correctly) is your sig down the bottom a quote from stargate's Ori race's book of origin thingy?

Yes.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
11-02-2008 09:34 PM
Yuriohs Offline
Keep your Heart True, and your eyes open

I think if Official RO were more friendlier than they were now, some of my opinion about the official servers would be different. But as far as the original question, I think that you learn more of the basics and you learn more shortcuts on Pservers than RO, but at the same time on official RO you learn more about competition and fending for yourself than on Pservers.

In my opinion I think that if you love competition between alot of people the official RO is where you should be. As far as my old school RO experience, I beta tested it, then tried the 2 week trial thing and ended up making a sin.
I was alone through most of that time not because there weren't people around to party with, just that most of them I ran into were either American assholes or people who I couldn't understand (I actually partied with more Br's and Koreans than americans)

And the thing with money, most private servers have "donation" options where you donate to get godly items, so both official and Private servers have that "if you don't have money your screwed" background.

[Image: m9ahiejpg.gif]

The first lesseon a revolutionary must learn is that he is a doomed man. Unless he understands this, he does not grasp the essential meaning of his life.
And thus he isn't a revolutionary if he doesn't understand.
11-03-2008 10:11 AM