Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Thing About Private Servers
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ??The Thing About Private Servers

Ling Wrote:Yes because private servers have higher rates
Not all, some have the same rate or even lower rates than officials.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2008 12:40 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-03-2008 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: The Thing About Private Servers

no i don't think so... being a "tough" gamer depends totally on your attitude. If you want to compete (in any game at any rate at any place at any time), then gear up and set your attitude accordingly to the atmosphere of that particular setting...

even in mid and high rates there are 'tough' and 'un-tough' players...

even time-spent online does not necesarrily determine the "toughness" of these players...

to me RO (or any other game in that matter) is about enjoyment. And that is definitely subjective. You should play at your own pace, don't let those competitive ppl get to you if you don't want to. You are free to do and to try to be whatever you want to as long as it doesn't bother other people...

hell i'll be lucky to get in an hour a day online in-game (work, RL, etc.) -> if only i can access heRO through VPN *wishful thinking*...

anyway, i was on a F2P official RO server when i first started playing RO (about less than a year ago) and even then i did not have so much time to play so yes i botted, coz that server has more bots than ppl online at any given time (even on WOE!!). And yes i did learn about botting and macros and i must admit that it fascinates me. In indonesia we even have our own botting and macroing community where people share codes etc (well most of em are leechers, but whatever)... At least for me learning codes/scripts/language makes you able to think from a different perspective. And anyway to me games are always about algorithm and trying to beat them, so yeah honestly on that old server i liked the learning-2-bot part more than playing it... i did spend more time on the openkore console than the RO client!! i loved tweaking the settings and creating macros...

anyhoo, the main reason that i left that server was because that server is downright corrupt and the admins screwed with the game mechanics too much (and most importantly: no tele -> the main reason RO is any different from other MMORPGs)... so i went to RMS and looked for a PS. I don't want mid or high rates for obvious reasons, and i don't want servers that are corrupt and imbalanced, so i ended up here and i have stayed here for more than 3 months... i like it here and i believe eventhough i may not be one of the tough players here in RO, at least i understand the basic concepts and algorithms of RO (especially stat builds)...
and i do consider myself more proficient in DoTA, so yeah i play RO for the long-term commitment and to be with my GF so i mostly play when she's also online...

and yes we are all equals under the sun, so just enjoy it... Don't let other people get to you... play how you want to play... we can't always make everybody happy, and the road to hell is lined with good intentions. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't try...

GL and HF

-w-
11-04-2008 04:07 AM
ALCHEMlST Offline

Hi wira, I'm here now.

about private server, *especially heRO* I think it's good enough.
I've played ro for about 5.5 years till now, I've tried many official servers and private servers.

heRO is a balance server. In many cases, if you're donating to a server *even in official server*, you will be instantly strong *####ro is an example*, but not here.

heRO is an ideal server, congrats to GM's and developer team Icon_biggrin.

David
01-25-2009 12:30 PM
Grombo Offline

it depends on the server, i know one particular high rate server in which you could reach the highest level (1000) from scratch in a cpl hours

[Image: boxmanvibranceuu8.png]
Swordsman/Knight - Grombo
Merchant/Alchemist - IKEA
01-25-2009 02:37 PM
Fabre_Queen Offline
AgroBugMother

whats the difference, really i mean an official server is technechally no different that a private server, on is just an original controlled by a group of people and the other is one that is controlled by one that has a group helping on it right. and besides i play on which ever server seams more fair, on just about all games i play. luv luv luv peace
04-17-2009 05:26 PM
Aethereal Offline
Cutie Pie

Actually, yeah. Leveling and playing in an official server effectively takes way more skill and knowledge of Ragnarok, the monsters, maps, and gears, than leveling and playing on Private Servers. On most Private Servers, everyone pretty much has the same gear: Valkyrie sets. Unless you've played on low rates like this one or on official servers, you probably won't even know that other equips even exist. That's bad.

I've played Private Servers for two and a half years now. Everything from a 10x rate to an SHR, and even iRO Valkyrie. Yes, it is extremely difficult going from Private Servers to an official server because you don't know what the f*** you're doing or where to level at or how to do anything at all. Because officials are completely different from Private.

So, yes. Playing an official server in my opinion, does make you a better player. Because it actually takes knowing what you're doing. Assuming you don't bot your way to the top of course.

I'd like to throw in that extremely low rate servers are just as tough as officials. Well, not as tough obviously, but it ranks with them. Any other Private Servers, nah. Doesn't take a tough player to play them.
04-18-2009 10:02 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Really? I downloaded iRO Valk after playing here for a year and some months (and only playing high rates before here) and didn't have any problems. It was frustrating to get 1/5th of the exp, but other than that I leveled without too many issues. Just got boring. I like PvPing/WoEing more than the endless grind of Valk (and I refused to pay for Kafra Shop items).

Might not take a tough player to level/farm on SHR, but as long as the max level/jlevel remain the same and customs aren't out of control it still takes similar skill to PvP/WoE. The difference, to me, is just grind time - which is more endurance than skill anyways.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-19-2009 12:38 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

The much higher population changes a lot of things like WoE and MvPing too. Besides the grind time you mentioned, something extremely boring...
04-19-2009 09:36 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

True. On high pop servers MVPing is both more exciting (because of competition) and more boring (because of literal 24/7 camping by bigger guilds on some MVPs). My opinion, again.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-19-2009 07:18 PM
katleoyumi Offline

I don't agree with this statement. Sure, the rates are higher but if you work hard to hunt for your own things and stuff, it all really does equal out. Either way you're still working hard. Besides, everyone's luck is different. It might take someone three hours to hunt a certain card on a mid-rate and only an hour or less on a low rate. It really depends on your luck so honestly, I don't think it matters if you play private or official server. They both make you tough players. c=

pocket size linh [whitesmith] **
pocket size Iinh [baby blacksmith] **
Blackchapel [baby monk] **
Lowercut [baby monk] **
King Boo [alchemist]

Guild: HappyChildFoundation
06-15-2009 10:28 AM