Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:One of the worse ideas.??Sweat??Voting systems/sites are just fail.??Let them die in a corner and lets bring support to sites like RMS.??

Please explain, how are they, "fail"? The top servers on those voting sites net around 1000-2000 players. With a little effort, this sever could easily have around 500 players on average.

I do support RMS, but in reality, how many people will come through their? Most reviews seem biased either for it or against it. And heRO only has 58 reviews. I admit I have not written one yet, but I definitely will. So 59 reviews out of about ~200 people playing, and you can't force people to write reviews, most people are just too lazy to do it. They would much rather just click, write in the words in the captcha, and be done with it.
12-24-2008 06:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

RE: ??Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

GM-Mystra Wrote:
GM-Ayu Wrote:"No" ^_^;
Why not?

Only Pandora has the power to decide on that, might be fun.

What would be fun to, would be to have a heRO Lineage 2 server, like many private server sites, they give both games (which are the best MMOs), would be fun to have a heL2! :o

Omg, L2, that's awesome, I agree, both are the best MMO games. It'd be awesome if HeRO had a L2 server! o_o
12-24-2008 06:44 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Kulluminatii Wrote:
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:One of the worse ideas.??Sweat??Voting systems/sites are just fail.??Let them die in a corner and lets bring support to sites like RMS.??

Please explain, how are they, "fail"? The top servers on those voting sites net around 1000-2000 players. With a little effort, this sever could easily have around 500 players on average.

Allow me.

Cheating is so very easy on a voting site. Servers often use tactics like using macros to click the button every once in however long, hindering their players ability to play by FORCING them to vote, even paying the site to de-list servers, and there's probably so so much more.

Plus, they don't tell you anything about the server like RMS does.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
12-24-2008 06:52 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:????Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

Fruityla Wrote:Allow me.

Cheating is so very easy on a voting site. Servers often use tactics like using macros to click the button every once in however long, hindering their players ability to play by FORCING them to vote, even paying the site to de-list servers, and there's probably so so much more.

Plus, they don't tell you anything about the server like RMS does.

True, that is where RMS shines the most. However, just because other servers cheat, does not mean we will or will have to. On xtremetop100, heRo is not even in the top 50, when it can easily be in the top 30 if everyone who played this server voted. I try to vote all the time, but some need incentives.

Forget about voting systems or sites for now though, if we can get everyone to concentrate on RMS, and if we can get at least 70% of the people who play on HeRO to write a review, I think that would prove beneficial in the long run.

Now to get back on topic, I have never played Lineage II, but like thecursed stated earlier, we should first concentrate on getting more users before we even think about adding another game. Especially with games like L2, we would need a larger community or else it would be a waste of time, effort, and money.
12-24-2008 07:02 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Kulluminatii Wrote:Please explain, how are they, "fail"?

voting every 12 hours vs writing a 4 line review once in every 6 months, hmm...

Voting sites are corrupts and are very more proeminant to cheating.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 07:11 PM by Général_Argos.)
12-24-2008 07:09 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE: Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

Good point Argos, but still, some people would rather click a few times then write lines (yay that rhymed! Laugh ) . Like I said, voting would only work if there was an incentive to vote.

If not, then I agree with you and we should focus more on RMS. We still need to provide some sort of incentive to get people to write a review, only 59 reviews, when we should easily have 100+. The incentive should definitely be aesthetic only, maybe a hat or something, I don't know, just throwing some ideas out there.Icon_biggrin
12-24-2008 07:18 PM
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

I heard that the RO2 project was on hold or canceled or something like that.

Also you can never take @who for the exact number of people online. Because of our lovely ability to autotrade you can assume that half are vendors. And those Reviews and such are there to have without an incentive. I believe if found out that you could get something on the server for doing the review you can be penalized.

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
12-24-2008 07:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Well, I just look on the main page of heRo to see who is onlineIcon_wink, as of right now there are 197 players. Even with the large amount of people autotrading, I doubt that 50% of the population is. So lets say 100 people are autotrading, but 97 people are playing, and lets say from those 97, 59 already wrote a review, that means there are 38 people who should write a review, those reviews could easily put us in the top spot.

Thanks for informing me Yumera, I didn't know that you could be penalized for having incentives to write a review. Still, should be some other way to get some people to write a review.Thinking
12-24-2008 07:39 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

Yumera Wrote:Also you can never take @who for the exact number of people online. Because of our lovely ability to autotrade you can assume that half are vendors.

...Like every single server. I don't understand why do people always refer to @autotrade like if it was something unique to our server.

Yumera Wrote:And those Reviews and such are there to have without an incentive. I believe if found out that you could get something on the server for doing the review you can be penalized.??

I agree, but I don't think that RMS is chasing wich server is cheating and ban them, plus I see nowhere on RMS something saying that using incentive to make their population to vote is forbiden.

Having some kind of "Reviewer Crown", like the donator laurel (but without stat) could be a correct incentive.

Only downside I see to this is that it gives more work to the gms, having to keep a "Reviewer Crown" list up-to-date. Seeing how they always take the time to write a thanks to those who made/updated a review, I don't think it would be THAT much more work. A npc could do the job of giving the item. The only really more work would be to watch wich review are about to expire, and remove the item manually. Unless its possible to make an item that 'last 6 months'.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-24-2008 07:45 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:I agree, but I don't think that RMS is chasing wich server is cheating and ban them, plus I see nowhere on RMS something saying that using incentive to make their population to vote is forbiden.??

Having some kind of "Reviewer Crown", like the donator laurel (but without stat) could be a correct incentive.??

Only downside I see to this is that it gives more work to the gms, having to keep a "Reviewer Crown" list up-to-date.??Seeing how they always take the time to write a thanks to those who made/updated a review, I don't think it would be THAT much more work.??A npc could do the job of giving the item.??The only really more work would be to watch wich review are about to expire, and remove the item manually.??Unless its possible to make an item that 'last 6 months'.??

That is a great idea Argos. If you are right and HeRO cannot be penalized for giving out incentives, then a 'Reviewer Crown" seems like the perfect incentive to give.

If having a Reviewer Crown that expires after 6 months is not possible, then maybe making a different crown available every six months would be a better idea. Plus, as a bonus, whoever has written a review twice in a year and has both crowns for that year, will automatically be entered in a drawing to receive some in-game goodies( maybe something aesthetic, or a few Old Blue/Purple Boxes). Or if a year is too long, then a drawing every six months.
12-24-2008 08:06 PM