Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

I thought one of the rules of using RMS was the the server provided no special incentive for players to review. No rewards, etc.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
12-24-2008 08:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

I was wrong : http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=join_basics

See the big, red, 'reminder'??Sweat

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 08:28 PM by Général_Argos.)
12-24-2008 08:27 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Damn, so much for in-game incentives. Maybe users on the forum who have written a review could be put in a different category(RMS Reviewer lol, idk), and have their username a different color then people who have not written one. I don't think the incentives include out of game ones...at least I hope they don't.Icon_confused
12-24-2008 08:31 PM
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

@Krim
its lovely despite the fact that most servers have autotrade Icon_biggrin

But I don't agree with any incentive. Its the peoples choice if they wanna write a review or not. If others don't choose to, don't want to or simply are too lazy to oh well. The only thing that you could do is stimulate them if they are your friends or write a review your self. As Ellie said I think even a nothing but for the pure fact that its just a sprite type of gear is allowed for such a thing. And if a server is as great it shouldn't even need an incentive of any kind.

The main reasons that this server isn't as populated is that its over 3 years old now and has a lot of higher fully geared based players, doesn't have donatable gear that would make up for that fact right away, doesn't have commands like @s and @go as well as the ability to duel client, and last but not least it is very strict on its rulings, more so then other servers. Usually lower rate server aren't as popular as the mid rates. I doubt you'll ever see a low rate on Rms top 1 spot.

All I'm saying this is enjoy what you have Icon_biggrin

*edit*
I wrote this while Kirm and Kull hadn't posted yet XD

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2008 08:33 PM by Yumera.)
12-24-2008 08:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

Yumera Wrote:The main reasons that this server isn't as populated is that its over 3 years old now and has a lot of higher fully geared based players, doesn't have donatable gear that would make up for that fact right away, doesn't have commands like @s and @go as well as the ability to duel client, and last but not least it is very strict on its rulings, more so then other servers. Usually lower rate server aren't as popular as the mid rates. I doubt you'll ever see a low rate on Rms top 1 spot.

All I'm saying this is enjoy what you have Icon_biggrin

*edit*
I wrote this while Kirm and Kull hadn't posted yet XD

Your right, more popular servers tend to have donor gear and more commands, but I'll gladly pick HeRO over any of that any dayIcon_biggrin.
12-25-2008 02:23 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: ??Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

GM-Mystra Wrote:
GM-Ayu Wrote:"No" ^_^;
Why not?

We'll need to expand our GM team massively to handle another server of another game that heRO will host... and you know that we are hard pressed enough as is to get things out in our current state.

Population wise OR staff wise, we really don't have resources to expand like that...

12-25-2008 03:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Well not yet at least. Let's say HeRO was to open up a RO2 server. And most likely, RO2 won't be out until late 09-10. I think that if within that time, we push to try to get this server noticed, we can easily reach an average of ~500 or so people. And if HeRO is one of the first to adapt an RO2 server, it will definitely get more users from that.Icon_wink
12-25-2008 05:06 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Never say never, however is it not considered in the near or not-so-near future. Is there even translated servers? Anyhow, I don't think we need or will have a RO2 server, sorry! Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Monkey: try to bring something meaningful to the conversation, if you can only throw insults for no reason then don't post!

As for topsites, offering incentive is actually illegal, even though some servers do it and get no punishment for it. Giving incentive on RMS is also illegal and they do check much much more than topsites do. Anyhow I don't want to cheat, I believe our players should like the server enough to want to vote themselves (utopic I know). So if you like the server please vote, please review, please encourage your friends to do so as well, and if you haven't done so already invite your friends to play too!

A lot of our players come from RMS, we advertise there as much as we can, and I believe RMS brings us more people than xtremetop100 and top200 combined. Of course it's hard to know where players come from exactly, but that's my guess.

L2 server.. I don't know the game much, like trowa said we don't really have the population to divide either. And I'm guessing L2 is resource intensive, I'd rather dedicate our resources to heRO only.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-26-2008 02:06 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Actually L2 server isn't really more resource costly than RO. Anyway, it'd be a suggestion for the far future only.
12-26-2008 02:14 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

L2 is actually very simple to implement, I can tell you how to if you need Pan. What we could do is try it on the old server that we will have soon? RO and L2 do not attract the same player pool, would be fun to try IMO. :O

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
12-26-2008 04:04 PM