Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RO2 in heRO?
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: RO2 in heRO?

Actually, I would say that almost all actual scripting is nearly solo projects. Of course GM-Pandora looks over all the project to ensure the ending result is of satisfactory and bug free, but none of us interfere with the coding itself or demand a certain coding style (as long as it works and gets the job done.)

Speaking of that I should really finish ITower but I keep distracting myself with new stuff >.<;

01-21-2009 05:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Most npc script are solo projects, only need 1 person to script unless it's massive like pandora's box and such, but those are pretty much gm-only.

There is no scripting style, of course proper spacing and indentation helps reading, but overall even without it ro script is pretty easy to read.

We are in dire need of both active testers and scripters, so far most of the script we handed to players rarely got finished xD and getting testers is not always easy.

Alchemist I added you. If anyone else wants to apply send me a pm.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-21-2009 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jasper Offline
Don't do drugs kids :O

So testing as in......like go to test server talk to npc and hope not to die? or a different kind of testing? O.o. Question dos, Does it take a lot of time? Because if it doesn't I guess I can dedicate some time to help O.O

[Image: 223968_1188249704copy.jpg]
Tripp - 99/70 High Wizard
Acid Tripp - 96/6x Creator
J Vigil 9x/6x? Lord Knight
My siggy Icon_sad
01-21-2009 11:14 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Let's say for christmas quest:

We tell you that it starts in Lutie, handle it yourself. If the quest is truly ready, testers should be able to do it without any external assistance. That's the most basic.

Testing also asks the testers to try to challenge the script to try to screw it up in as many ways as possible, trying to find bugs of it.

Essentially, to test a script is just to play it out and try to exploit it in any way you can think of.

01-21-2009 11:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

What ayu said ^_^;

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-21-2009 11:50 PM