Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RO2 in heRO?
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: RO2 in heRO?

How about we play RO and not keep trying to make it some new game???

I don't mean to sound too abrasive, but if you want to play RO2, go play RO2.??If you want to play WoW, go play WoW.??If you want to play some other game, go play some other game.??Stop trying to make RO exactly what you want it to be.??The "balance" of RO is delicate as it is, and too much customization can EASILY ruin it.

So, you want new races, and you want these races to get a boost to their "favored" classes, yes???Well...??2-5% may not seem like a lot, but if you consider that a High Wizard with Amp on can EASILYhiy 60k damage to monsters that don't freeze with SG 10...a 5% boost would be 3k bonus damage just for being a certain race with no drawbacks.??Or what about Champions who already hit for over 100k with Asura in PvM? That's like handing them an additional 5k+ damage with no penalty, no drawback, no nothing.

I'd love a bonus 2-4k damage on each AD I throw just for staying the same race as I am now, but why would that possibly make sense???The races have no drawbacks at all based on your post, and that's silly.??I can deal with a lot of customization (custom items, custom events, custom features like only one WoE castle open per town)...??but I won't play a server so customized that it is not RO anymore.??Sorry, but the idea to add new races just because is not a good one.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2009 10:53 AM by azurerogue.)
01-17-2009 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Aye, not to mention that with an established server, it would be horrible to integrate into. (Nevermind that Panda said "no". Not "No, but we will if you code it". XD)

Inasad
stop doing dickers
01-17-2009 11:20 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??RO2 in heRO?

azurerogue Wrote:How about we play RO and not keep trying to make it some new game???

I don't mean to sound too abrasive, but if you want to play RO2, go play RO2.??If you want to play WoW, go play WoW.??If you want to play some other game, go play some other game.??Stop trying to make RO exactly what you want it to be.??The "balance" of RO is delicate as it is, and too much customization can EASILY ruin it.

So, you want new races, and you want these races to get a boost to their "favored" classes, yes???Well...??2-5% may not seem like a lot, but if you consider that a High Wizard with Amp on can EASILYhiy 60k damage to monsters that don't freeze with SG 10...a 5% boost would be 3k bonus damage just for being a certain race with no drawbacks.??Or what about Champions who already hit for over 100k with Asura in PvM???That's like handing them an additional 5k+ damage with no penalty, no drawback, no nothing.??

I'd love a bonus 2-4k damage on each AD I throw just for staying the same race as I am now, but why would that possibly make sense???The races have no drawbacks at all based on your post, and that's silly.??I can deal with a lot of customization (custom items, custom events, custom features like only one WoE castle open per town)...??but I won't play a server so customized that it is not RO anymore.??Sorry, but the idea to add new races just because is not a good one.

The whole point of this idea is to take some of the features that people like from RO2 and integrate them into a game that people already like and are familiar with.

RO2 isn't out, well the beta is, but I can't even call that a game. I mean, I have played the p servers, and enjoyed it, but it isn't RO.

What does WoW have to do with all of this? Just because I am talking about races? Hell, a ton of games have races, not just WoW. (Lol, ran across this last night, apparently someone is making a WoW mod for Ragnarok called Ragnacraft Online ).

Quote:The "balance" of RO is delicate as it is, and too much customization can EASILY ruin it.
Laugh , balance? When I was asking for help with my GS on these forums, I was told by most (if not all) to quit while I was ahead and make a archer instead. When a game has as many classes as RO does, you can never achieve "balance". Hell, if it was up to me, I would of taken some classes out of RO.

On the benefits that certain races get for the classes they are better at, 2-5% doesn't necessarily mean damage output. That 2-5% boost could be for HP or something. Im not saying we should give all the "weaker" classes a l337 boost so all of a sudden they are the best class ever, just enough so that they can actually pose some sort of threat.

Quote:The races have no drawbacks at all based on your post, and that's silly.??I can deal with a lot of customization (custom items, custom events, custom features like only one WoE castle open per town)...??but I won't play a server so customized that it is not RO anymore.??Sorry, but the idea to add new races just because is not a good one.
Like I said, they are only suggestions, and I was looking for people to add onto them. Well, if you look at it this way, since the races don't have access to all the classes, that is a drawback. Then again, if a person has already decided what class they want to be, that isn't really a drawback. Then, maybe give theses races a weakness as well?

Its hard to define, what "RO" is. Unless your talking about a server with 1x rates and nothing added to it. Fortunately, heRO isn't like thatIcon_biggrin. Its kind of funny that you state you can deal with so many customized things, but as soon as races are involved, that is too much? There are already some people that have ripped the Shaman and Dark Knight sprites from the Nintendo DS version of RO and are implementing those two classes into RO, would you say no to that too? The game is RO isn't it?

Im not trying to make RO exactly what I want it to be. For a server that is third in the low rate category at RMS, we certainly don't look like one. The ones above us have 500+ people, so why not do something which 1. No server has done before (in a sense) 2. Could get us a lot more heROers in the processIcon_biggrin and 3. Add onto heRO to make it a more "heroic experience" (lol sorry, love saying that).

Anyways, thanks for the post azurerogue. You do bring up a lot of valid points.

And Ellie, Pandora said "No" before I even said anything about coding itIcon_biggrin. If her answer is still "No", then I'll never talk about these races being implemented into heRO again. I'll accept heRO for what it is, "A heroic experience of Ragnarok".

*Edit* Amazing what the search button can doIcon_biggrin. Looking around the eAthena boards, I stumbled upon some threads that can really help, that is, if this idea gets through or not.

Race System

Code for a simple quest NPC to change you into a race: http://www.rocklion.net/easu/6256/
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2009 04:15 PM by Kulluminatii.)
01-17-2009 03:55 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: ??RO2 in heRO?

Kulluminatii Wrote:Code for a simple quest NPC to change you into a race: http://www.rocklion.net/easu/6256/

Wich fall in the category I mentionned earlier, racial palettes.

Kind of stuff wich is fun to try, but not fun in the long run.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-17-2009 04:25 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:????RO2 in heRO?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
Kulluminatii Wrote:Code for a simple quest NPC to change you into a race: http://www.rocklion.net/easu/6256/

Wich fall in the category I mentionned earlier, racial palettes.??

Kind of stuff wich is fun to try, but not fun in the long run.??

True, but it is nice to have something to build off ofIcon_biggrin. I agree, if it was racial palettes only, it would be a gimmick at best. But add in the benefits, and you got yourself a fresh new twist on RO.
01-17-2009 04:31 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Bleh! Im still thinking that I will ive it a shoot, even if heRO doesnt implement them at least I will feel proud of what I did( or help to do).

Why complaining about the balance? The % boost mentioned earlier was just an idea, not a reality. Also, why will the new sprites get bored after a while but after all this years the Norman sprites haven't.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
01-17-2009 08:12 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Kirby_Z Wrote:Bleh! Im still thinking that I will ive it a shoot, even if heRO doesnt implement them at least I will feel proud of what I did( or help to do).

Why complaining about the balance? The % boost mentioned earlier was just an idea, not a reality.??Also, why will the new sprites get bored after a while but after all this years the Norman sprites haven't.

Yeah, it would be fun to work on, and Im sure if Pandora has something solid, she might give it a test run at leastThinking.
01-18-2009 02:24 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I have given you my answer and it was no. -_-

Maybe you don't realize the sheer amount of work, not just on your part but implementing all that, patching the data to everyone's patcher which will be very heavy with 100+ new job sprite, etc.

Baby classes was coded by eA and sprites done by Gravity and contained in sdata.grf, it was no work on our part, but what you're suggesting is a lot of work, too much work. I have a lot of experience with RO server/Athena, please trust my judgment.

I'd rather you not waste your time, at least not with plans to have this on heRO, this could be something nice to work on for a new server (and I don't mean I want to start a new server, I mean if you find someone who wants to do launch a server and have that), a server which would build their playerbase around that theme and attract players who want to play with races in RO.

But if your goal is to help, we got quest script to work on for heRO, there's act file that need fixing too, there's plenty of things to do if you want to help, just join the test&dev.

We actually had a black skin project started by someone (Yumera?) that never saw the light of day, it involved someone from Umbala "disguising" you as their own, 1 palette and 1 hairstyle for each gender and even that was not done and this was far easier than what you're suggesting.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-19-2009 10:56 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

GM-Pandora Wrote:I have given you my answer and it was no. -_-

Maybe you don't realize the sheer amount of work, not just on your part but implementing all that, patching the data to everyone's patcher which will be very heavy with 100+ new job sprite, etc.

Baby classes was coded by eA and sprites done by Gravity and contained in sdata.grf, it was no work on our part, but what you're suggesting is a lot of work, too much work. I have a lot of experience with RO server/Athena, please trust my judgment.

I'd rather you not waste your time, at least not with plans to have this on heRO, this could be something nice to work on for a new server (and I don't mean I want to start a new server, I mean if you find someone who wants to do launch a server and have that), a server which would build their playerbase around that theme and attract players who want to play with races in RO.

But if your goal is to help, we got quest script to work on for heRO, there's act file that need fixing too, there's plenty of things to do if you want to help, just join the test&dev.

We actually had a black skin project started by someone (Yumera?) that never saw the light of day, it involved someone from Umbala "disguising" you as their own, 1 palette and 1 hairstyle for each gender and even that was not done and this was far easier than what you're suggesting.
Well I tried. I understand where your coming from, I'll never talk about this again.Icon_wink

*Edit*

Totally forgot to read the second half of your post. I would love to help in any way I can. College does take most of my free time, but what time I do have I would be more then happy to dedicate to heRO.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2009 02:26 AM by Kulluminatii.)
01-20-2009 01:39 AM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

dev&test team? o.O sounds nice

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
01-20-2009 04:56 AM