Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My swordie -> knight build, critique?
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: My swordie -> knight build, critique?

Spire Wrote:In my opinion, let the poor guy spec anyway he wants.

Most people will tell you to focus on one thing, if you want to be a jack of all trades, by all means, go ahead.

destroika Wrote:So I've used a certain agi build that has worked great for me so far on the original iRO as well as dozens of private servers. I'd like to think I've perfected it, but now I'm going to melt my pride and see how others would critique it.

next time read spire.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2009 11:09 PM by teOx.)
01-18-2009 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??My swordie -> knight build, critique?

Monkey Feet Wrote:SG FTW

PvP

PvE

WoE

Not relevent to this topic dude...
Anyway Fates hit the ball on everything I was gunna say so I would listen to him on this one ;o
Ayu also is giving good advice.

Hmmm I wonder if knight in his 80's if he does not wanna touch anolians could handle Byalan 5...I imagine he could with just a little brains and a few gears.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-18-2009 11:09 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ??My swordie -> knight build, critique?

destroika Wrote:
Avalon_Fates Wrote:Why have 2hand quicken but no bowling bash.??You have to decide early whether to go 2Hand Build or Spear. Cant hybrid till LK Sorry.

Why not? Brandish spear serves the same purpose as Bowling bash and bowling bash requires 5 points in the useless counter skill. I can carry more than one weapon on me. I also can pick and choose where I go. If I get tired of piercing anolians, I can use 2H quicken in orc_dun02, or kobolds, or try sphinx_dun04, or pierce or 2H quicken other leveling areas. Please tell me, what exactly I am sacrificing here?
Counter attack : Useless? It saved my knight plenty of times when I ran out of Healing items on those High Defense monsters. It Blocks their Attack completely for one hit and hits them with an automatic crit, and it has the lowest SP requirement out of all of the swordie/knight skills, and makes it easily spammable.

So long as the monster doesn't use skills often, this skill is definately worth having. Hell People used to solo MVP's with it.
01-19-2009 01:06 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:????My swordie -> knight build, critique?

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
destroika Wrote:
Avalon_Fates Wrote:Why have 2hand quicken but no bowling bash.??You have to decide early whether to go 2Hand Build or Spear. Cant hybrid till LK Sorry.

Why not? Brandish spear serves the same purpose as Bowling bash and bowling bash requires 5 points in the useless counter skill. I can carry more than one weapon on me. I also can pick and choose where I go. If I get tired of piercing anolians, I can use 2H quicken in orc_dun02, or kobolds, or try sphinx_dun04, or pierce or 2H quicken other leveling areas. Please tell me, what exactly I am sacrificing here?
??Counter attack : Useless? It saved my knight plenty of times when I ran out??of Healing items on those High Defense monsters. It Blocks their Attack completely for one hit and hits them with an automatic crit, and it has the lowest SP requirement out of all of the swordie/knight skills, and makes it easily spammable.

So long??as the monster doesn't use skills often, this skill is definately worth having. Hell People used to solo MVP's with it.

I agree.

Grab an ED armor and you can counter solo Banshees as a Knight on your 80s without taking any damage.
Grab a Fire Armor and you can Counter Tank a freaking Hydro as a Knight, really usefull in DB parties since Hydros summoned on public DB rooms don't recall their Slaves, so you can just lure them away and counter the dude while the killers do their jobs.
Also, on the side note of PvP. You can be the nightmare of Crit Sins with this XD
01-19-2009 01:52 AM
destroika Offline

Wow, I half expected my post to be lost on the bottom of the second page by now, I'm glad to see these are some active forums and so much advice.

To be honest, I left iRO shortly after they added Comodo and returned on mid/high rate private servers where knowing the good leveling spots was never required. Anything newer than Comodo, I've had very little exposure to. This could explain my difference in opinion about what's important to have in a build.

I guess I'll look around on the site for leveling guides and see how it goes. At least I can reset my stats/skills on this server XD.
01-19-2009 02:19 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Site for leveling guides, "generally" are very outdated too. @Main suffices most of the time for exp. Sometimes it may not be the optimal choices compare to flipping through almost every dungeon in RMS to decide, but it'll definitely suffice.

01-19-2009 02:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Firstly Spire, I have no problem with people experimenting with new and unique builds *remember my Magic Knight Era* the thing is its best to wait till you are already high 90 of preferably trans high 90's before trying these builds. Or else you will end up doing what I did and having to reset 50,000 times just to level the guy up.

Secondly Juggs, Your a Lord Knight thus you get the bonus of having all those extra Job Points to throw around which makes Hybreding much easier to pull off. For a Knight it their just isnt enough points to pull it off {well}

Thirdly. I love Auto Counter. Make for a fun way to fight gryphon's as a level 70 Knight. Fun way to fight anything really. "stop Criting yourself." *smack* "stop Criting yourself." *smack*

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
01-19-2009 02:53 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Even so Fates, as a LK I face the same stymie with where to throw job points, 20 more isn't much when you're looking at Aura Blade (5) concentration (5) Frenzy (1) Parry (10) , well that's already over 20, i haven't put squat into auto counter, but as you can see i'm not an avid swordy and i don't have the adequate timing to work counter.

Of course I'm generalizing, but my LK build is not much different from my Knight build, Heck as a knight all i did was brandish and had more focus on agility swording, soo if anything it would've been harder, but I taught myself a lesson lawl.

Sadly you will/might have to reset many many times, I'm fortunate I stumbled upon what works for me with minimum resets. And though I have a few regrets, we all have em, we make do Icon_biggrin

Just don't run yourself too far without being able to rescue yourself.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
01-19-2009 04:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Looks like you got your starting build worked out, however with the resetter being free until level 40 you might wanna just get 12-15 dex and max str until level 40, that will allow you to grind those early level faster. Then reset to whichever stats you meant to have at 40.

Do the letter delivery quest, it helps a bit, it starts in Prontera with the save girl ^_^

As for knight, never played one so might wanna just ask the ones on forum or even in game when you see one that looks like they know what they're doing. Good luck!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-19-2009 11:11 PM