Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reset Cost Question?
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Reset Cost Question?

...what about unguilded people? I, for one, have a guild. But it's not quite fair to make game balance decisions based on the assumption that everyone plays in guilds / with guilds that have the organization / resources to do this.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-21-2009 10:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

And that's why I reset clown/gypsy with brewing stat (made a sniper to replace her), and then the entire guild don't really need to reset at all to brew or forge or make poison bottles (with just 1-2% lower success rate compare to "pure brewer build" because MC only gives 40-ish luk where your luck may be higher in "pure brew" build, but hey it saves 2 M from every reset, and it works for multiple people and basically anyone. I think the 10M+ saved collectively for different people in the guild is worth the 1-2% lower success.)

We complain about the difficulty of resetting to a brew/FS build and how the reset hinders us. Why don't we take the old argument back and talk about how at *least* we can level a char using non-brew/forge/FS stats, then reset it once only at the very end back to brew/forge/FS mode? FS Prof with their below 25-ish Int we all know how that's all leech or nothing... at least you can bolt your way to high level here in heRO.

Resetter in heRO is meant to fix mistakes, like having a wrong click suddenly or new to this particular class and didn't have a build that you like. Never did we state, we made the resetter to make things any easier. You make the wrong build, the resetter does punish you for it, but at least you just take a monetary punishment instead of a totally new character to fix the problem.

Creators may have it "worse" than everyone else when it comes to resetting... but didn't we use this same argument to the ninjas/taekwon masters when Monkey was wondering about why advanced classes have so little equipment choices? It's just one of those class perks, the pros and cons to playing certain classes. For Creator, the boredom of sitting in moscovia and overcoming reset costs is their cons.

Ninja edit: Albus ninjaed me... for the unguilded player, hey they choose the path to be lacking a backup support from a larger organization (be it casual, woe, rp or whatever). The price they paid for their freedom~

As for the reset curve, sometimes I wonder why doesn't it apply to all levels Icon_neutral Indeed more fair that way and not abusable, but it'll be even harsher then.

01-21-2009 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Fair enough.??My original question still (somewhat) applies, though, and I'm just curious...??does the resetter ever reset the count on resets (wow, I need a synonym for "reset" badly)???If so, how often?

And thanks for the reply, Ayu. I appreciate it.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2009 11:17 PM by azurerogue.)
01-21-2009 11:17 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Reset Cost Question?

azurerogue Wrote:...what about unguilded people???I, for one, have a guild.??But it's not quite fair to make game balance decisions based on the assumption that everyone plays in guilds / with guilds that have the organization / resources to do this.??

K, what about all those people without guild that can't kill high end mvp like Ifrit? ;__;??We should make an easier version of Ifrit with same drops for them???That is what you are asking by your logic.??The only difference is that you are concerned about creators (since you play one) instead of Ifrit.??

edit, got ninjaed :

azurerogue Wrote:Fair enough. My original question still (somewhat) applies, though, and I'm just curious... does the resetter ever reset the count on resets (wow, I need a synonym for "reset" badly)? If so, how often?

And thanks for the reply, Ayu. I appreciate it.

"restart" ;p

But for your question, no the count doesn't restart.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2009 11:21 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-21-2009 11:17 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The "update of the resetter" means when we switched to the old pricing toward the new one. It means the counter started when we added this new cost and did not take into account any previous resets before that. We have not decided if we will purge that counter eventually or just let it go up for as long as your character exists, for now assume the second option.

As for the cost, of course many don't like forking zeny, but you'll have to live with it. As others said resetter is meant to fix mistake, not reset all the time back and forth between 2 builds. If I could go back in time to the start of the server, I think I'd make a resetter with a max number of use, would make people very careful about resetting xD

There are various ways to save on the reset cost btw, which I'll just list a few that come on the top of my head but I'm sure you can find more. First, reset less often, gather materials for longer, storage can hold an almost infinite number of an item that stacks, so no problem there. You can also split the cost with the people you brew for, you make items for them not just for yourself so have them give a little. Since reset is costy you can take advantage of that and could vend brewed items to other players, you said there was not such a market like on large server but have you tried? There's a shop in Lighthalzen vending speed potion for more than the npc asks for, yet it sells because people are lazy, so chances are you could vend acid bottles and such at a nice price, thus profit pays for part of the reset cost.

Anyhow, reset cost have been discussed before, but we feel our choices were justified for what we want to achieve, sorry it's not a popular choice.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-21-2009 11:44 PM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

RE:??Reset Cost Question?

GM-Pandora Wrote:not reset all the time back and forth between 2 builds

Not everyone can plan there build on final stat (like the late job bonus on trans) and gear, mainly with hieg end gear. Lets say i get +9 firelock shoes. Now i have 2 extra useless str point, so i reset to get 2 less str. Its not like switching between 2 build, its just tweaking the build you already have.

GM-Pandora Wrote:storage can hold an almost infinite number of an item that stacks, so no problem there.

Nothing is infinite, you cant get more then 30k of one item. Realy get on my nerve when i get supply for brewing.

I sudgest 50k limit on one item please.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2009 12:05 AM by Eldakar.)
01-22-2009 12:01 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

It's maybe hard coded in the emulator.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2009 12:09 AM by Général_Argos.)
01-22-2009 12:08 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: ??Reset Cost Question?

Eldakar Wrote:Not everyone can plan there build on final stat (like the late job bonus on trans) and gear, mainly with hieg end gear. Lets say i get +9 firelock shoes. Now i have 2 extra useless str point, so i reset to get 2 less str. Its not like switching between 2 build, its just tweaking the build you already have.

If you can afford something like that, and you are experienced enough of a player to know how to "tweak" your character right, you can afford the 1 mil reset cost in order to obtain "top optimality."

01-22-2009 12:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

just a suggestion,?? maybe there could be a super rare??or really hard to get thing that gives a free reset like a reset coupon. (lol's at the idea of people under lv 40 wasting coupons on their already free resets)

Afterall we have coupons for hairstyles, we have??Letters for warpers,??tickets for free kafra??transport/storage/cart, and hatter vouchers. We need more slips of worthless??paper that promise us free junk =o
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2009 12:23 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-22-2009 12:18 AM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

I like coupons <3 But I can't imagine an effective way to distribute such a thing aside from events. Since quests are abuseable or would cost nearly as much as the current costs making it not worthwhile.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
01-22-2009 12:44 AM