Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reset Cost Question?
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Reset Cost Question?

*slips oka a free @nuke paper* =) enjoy my friend :D

but thanks Eldakar for clearing up the storage thing, i was planning on doing so, but got beat to it Icon_smile

Pandan00b Wrote:Since reset is costy you can take advantage of that and could vend brewed items to other players, you said there was not such a market like on large server but have you tried?

that isn't necessarily addressing the point he made. what he was saying is that no one is willing to invest in making a pure brewer creator just to sell off the items they brew from that. why would he want to sell the pots/bottles/etc. that he just brewed to someone else when he is brewing them for his own use? there isn't a market out there for doing that without just "wasting" a character for brewing things, which still takes a lot of time investment in doing as you still have to gather the mats for those brewed items and then brew them and sell them. granted you would most likely use another character to gather the mats you need, rather than waste that time on the pure brewer, but still it isn't really something looked in to or highly favored, especially on a low rate, small playerbase server. yes we are growing, but i would only expect pure brewers to really make it on to the scene selling brewed items after our playerbase was up around the 1000 mark, maybe a bit sooner than that, but otherwise it just isn't worth investing in to because not that many people will buy in to it. like you said, we're lazy people, we're not going to invest time in to making a pure brewer just to make it more convenient to satisfy other lazy people.

we may be lazy, but we're also stubborn lol

p.s. if anyone out there wants to help me make a pure brewer for my own personal zeny benefit, please reply quickly Icon_wink
01-22-2009 12:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

What she said is that being able to sell brewed products is a plus from having a brewer character; use what you need and sell extras to "cover" the time investment of the brewer character.??It's just an added possibility, not something to replace the original purpose of the brewer character.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2009 01:22 AM by Général_Argos.)
01-22-2009 01:20 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

/alchemist

dont be lazy.
01-22-2009 02:43 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

but krim, she was responding to what albus commented, but it wasn't really addressing that issue so much as providing a means to make money. i was just clarifying again what i believe he was expecting for a response, rather than the response that was given.
01-22-2009 09:00 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Reset Cost Question?

The last of his post was :

azurerogue Wrote:Fair enough.??My original question still (somewhat) applies, though, and I'm just curious...??does the resetter ever reset the count on resets (wow, I need a synonym for "reset" badly)???If so, how often?

And thanks for the reply, Ayu.??I appreciate it.

wich clearly means that everything was addressed except his question about the reset counter (wich is addressed later in the thread).

Krim's grocery list

01-22-2009 04:29 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Read the original post and skimmed the rest of the thread...

I made my creator back before resetting scaled. I leveled it to 95 trans. If I had known this would be implemented, I honestly would have left it at 94 instead and would love to have it scaled back one level instead of dealing with 95+ resetting.

Just saying, I'm one of those people that agree...I'd rather have a 94 trans then a 95+ with all the hassle to deal with. So how can I go about losing a level? Icon_wink
01-22-2009 05:01 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Alexander Wrote:So how can I go about losing a level? Icon_wink

Play FF. ;D

Inasad
stop doing dickers
01-22-2009 05:04 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

*wonders where Tozai is with that quote about FF11*
I'll bug her in game later!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-22-2009 07:46 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

who cares
01-22-2009 09:19 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Alexander Wrote:Read the original post and skimmed the rest of the thread...

I made my creator back before resetting scaled. I leveled it to 95 trans. If I had known this would be implemented, I honestly would have left it at 94 instead and would love to have it scaled back one level instead of dealing with 95+ resetting.

Just saying, I'm one of those people that agree...I'd rather have a 94 trans then a 95+ with all the hassle to deal with. So how can I go about losing a level? Icon_wink

Yea, this is because the system isn't perfect, people shouldn't have to consider staying 94 because of the reset cost issue at 95+.

Every reset from level 1 to 99 should be taken into consideration; the reset cost increase should also be indexed in % instead of being in fixed amount like it is currently.

Krim's grocery list

01-22-2009 09:23 PM