Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some anime recommendations...
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

RE: Need some anime recommendations...

Try out Full Metal Panic espicialy the FuMoFu comnedy serie its hilarius.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
01-22-2009 02:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Akira is a classic I feel every anime "fan" should see, and hell even those who might not be so big on it even. Though it really is a pretty serious movie so let's see let's go on about some other oldies but goodies, since that's what I seriously know more about. I barely have watched newer stuff made in the past 10 years or so.

Lupin III: Its one of the most amusing animes ever I swear. Lupin is just super likable, and so is the rest of the cast. It has guns, crime, and crazy schenanigans all around.

Lina Inverse: Well admittingly no guns are involved it it is still one of the silliest fantasy animes out there, most of them wish they could be so likable as this one (like Rayearth, bleh Rayearth). Lina's voice in the dubbed version is a little annoying but I think you can tolerate it.

Tenchi Muyo: Yah, another comedy anime, one of those ones where the guy somehow gets stuck living with a bunch of chicks, ran for three seasons on Toonami and then poofed but still a very good one I feel overall.

Yu Yu Hakusho: A very fun show. Yosuke, the main character dies, gets a chance to come back to life but hasta help fight demons if he does so, moves on to interesting plot twists. Its like DBZ just a tad with a few tournaments they fight in on there, but it actually doesn't drag on like other said show tends to. I believe it is like 52 episodes?

Anyway that's all I could think of that you might like for now, but if you were looking to get into newer stuff ignore my post :x

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-22-2009 03:07 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Need some anime recommendations...

Aaronock Wrote:Akira is a classic I feel every anime "fan" should see, and hell even those who might not be so big on it even.??Though it really is a pretty serious movie so let's see let's go on about some other oldies but goodies, since that's what I seriously know more about.??I barely have watched newer stuff made in the past 10 years or so.

Lupin III: Its one of the most amusing animes ever I swear.??Lupin is just super likable, and so is the rest of the cast.??It has guns, crime, and crazy schenanigans all around.??

Lina Inverse: Well admittingly no guns are involved it it is still one of the silliest fantasy animes out there, most of them wish they could be so likable as this one (like Rayearth, bleh Rayearth).??Lina's voice in the dubbed version is a little annoying but I think you can tolerate it.

Tenchi Muyo: Yah, another comedy anime, one of those ones where the guy somehow gets stuck living with a bunch of chicks, ran for three seasons on Toonami and then poofed but still a very good one I feel overall.

Yu Yu Hakusho: A very fun show.??Yosuke, the main character dies, gets a chance to come back to life but hasta help fight demons if he does so, moves on to interesting plot twists.??Its like DBZ just a tad with a few tournaments they fight in on there, but it actually doesn't drag on like other said show tends to.??I believe it is like 52 episodes?

Anyway that's all I could think of that you might like for now, but if you were looking to get into newer stuff ignore my post :x

I have watched Akira, its been a while but still that movie sticks with me to this day, its a masterpiece.

Wow, all of these animes so far sound amazing, I'll be set for quite a whileIcon_biggrin.

*EDIT* Most of the newer stuff sucks anyways. I believe Trigun was 1998-1999ish, so if it is old school, I'll definitely be interested in it.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2009 08:41 PM by Kulluminatii.)
01-22-2009 08:29 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE: ??Need some anime recommendations...

Kulluminatii Wrote:*EDIT* Most of the newer stuff sucks anyways. I believe Trigun was 1998-1999ish, so if it is old school, I'll definitely be interested in it.

No.

Code Geass, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Hajime no Hippo, Kanon, Clannad, Afro Samurai(SAMUEL L. JACKSOOOOOOOOOON!), Amatsuki, Basilisk, Elfen Lied, Ergo Proxy, Ga-Rei(Go watch it).

And loads Loads of other New anime are Epic/Beautiful go watch them.
But also if you're looking for older anime...hmmmm.

Cowboy Bebop, Yu yu Hakusho, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Slayers, Shaman King, Saint Seiya, Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X :]), And some others.
01-22-2009 11:52 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:????Need some anime recommendations...

Kulluminatii Wrote:I like a mixture of Comedy-Romance-Action,

For that, I'd Reccomend Ranma 1/2.??The english dubs are Okay, fairly true to the japanese version, but nothing to write home about. Maybe a bit??mature,??they show Boobies quite a bit in the beginning, and a bit more as some of the more eccentric characters are intoduced , and they tone it down a bit??after the series is well into the first season,?? but they don't show much??else that'd??be deemed??innapropriate (unless??you think panties are rated R-M)

Anime News Network Summary Wrote:Saotome Ranma, a teenage martial artist, and his father Genma travel to the 'cursed training ground' of Jusenkyo in China. There, despite the warnings of the Chinese guard, they fall into the cursed springs. From now on, whenever Ranma is doused in cold water, he turns in to a girl, and a cute, well-built red-head at that. Hot water changes him back into a man again, but only until the next time. To make matters worse, his father engages him to Tendo Akane, a girl who hates boys.

Only downside,??it does have??quite a number of seasons and a few movies, can't remember how many seasons, but it is still definately one of the best classic Romanticomedy action Anime's??and definately worth a watch.

Rumiko Takahashi likes to make Loads and loads of chapters of her mangas, so it's not much surprise??that her anime's tend to be a bit long too.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2009 04:09 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-23-2009 04:03 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Well Im 18, so Im mature enough to handle the bewbiesIcon_biggrin.

I'll definitely have to check out all of these animes, don't know which one first thoughThinking. I guess I'll go through and randomly choose.
01-23-2009 05:11 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Kulluminatii Wrote:Well Im 18, so Im mature enough to handle the bewbiesIcon_biggrin.

I think age has nothing to do with it. It all comes down to how mature you are when you actually see them, thats what I think counts. ^.^

Rurouni Kenshin was a good anime, but if I recall they never finished it... I think the manga was better than the anime, but I suppose everyone has their own opinion. Icon_razz

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
01-23-2009 05:52 AM
TYeung Offline

You should watch Samurai Champloo, or Michiko to hatchin
01-23-2009 06:42 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

According to your taste I say try Cowboy Bebop immediately (Kretzer beat me to it but I still want to emphasize on it).

It's 26 episodes of pure goodness, even better than Trigun.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-23-2009 11:02 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

GM-Pandora Wrote:According to your taste I say try Cowboy Bebop immediately (Kretzer beat me to it but I still want to emphasize on it).

It's 26 episodes of pure goodness, even better than Trigun.

Better then Trigun...no wayOh My God

I will definitely have to see this anime first then =P.
01-23-2009 11:51 PM