Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some anime recommendations...
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Need some anime recommendations...

I feel like the only person most of the time that found themselves not really enjoying Cowboy Bepop =(

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-24-2009 06:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Thats because your "special";)

Joking of course, hopefully I can get into it. From reading a little about it, it looks promising.
01-24-2009 06:20 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Fates Anime Rule #5

When in doubt, Yoko Kanno does its Soundtrack.

Simply put, Yoko Kanno has done something someone will love. *Cowboy Bebop is one of these*

A simple list includes.

Wold Rain
Ghost in the Shell
Earth Girl Arjuna
Escaflowne
and
Cowboy Bebop *Of course*

For a quick anime. FLCL!!!!

If you want something really long with a romantics comedy, with action twists, Ranma 1/2 is great as said. Or try its Demon filled brother Inu YAsha.

School Based Romantic Comedys, SCHOOL RUMBLE!! Its great. but if you want something better your only option is Full Metal Panic.
Action and Coolness, Hellsing + Hellsing Ultimate. Getbackers is also great.
For something creepy Gungrave *I swear they Camio'ed and Shot Vash*
Want to cry, Chrono Crusade, or Try Elfen Lied if you want to cry blood.
Want mystery and storyline that make you wish you had that much creativity. Neon Genesis Evangelin or try Ghost in the Shell. For kid Assassins try Gunslinger Girl.
Want to wonder what the frak is going on. Paranoia Agent. If you want to laugh too try Galaxy Angel.
Want guns. Noir or Black Lagoon.
want Gundams....watch a gundam series..personly i'm partial to SEED
Want cuteness, CHOBITS! Want to see Cuteness and Fighting, Angelic Layer.
Want rocking sword fighting with demons, CLAYMORE~
Want to hug someone into a Cat. Fruits basket~
Like Coyboy Bebop or Rapping Samurai, try Samurai Champloo.
Ever wondered what school would be like if it was cool. Your looking for GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA!!
Ever wondered what it would be like if someone mixed Roller Skating with Perversion with Laughs big enough to cause seriously breathing problems, Air Gear is looking for you.
and if your like me and like to Read, its time to Read or Die.

Remember if you dont like any of these, there is always more Anime, I just didn't have time to put it all. So follow your Otaku soul and WATCH UNTIL YOU CANT WATCH NO MORE!

P.S Say hi to Ed for me when you watch Cowboy Bebop~

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
01-24-2009 11:40 AM
Grombo Offline

death note <<<<< fave anime
kaze no stigma

[Image: boxmanvibranceuu8.png]
Swordsman/Knight - Grombo
Merchant/Alchemist - IKEA
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2009 11:49 AM by Grombo.)
01-24-2009 11:49 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Wow, thats one hell of a list, thanks!No1

*EDIT* Death Note, totally forgot about that anime, was going to watch that instead of Trigun, but for some reason I didn't. Maybe I should give it a chance now that Trigun is over with.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2009 11:51 AM by Kulluminatii.)
01-24-2009 11:50 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Death Note was over hyped, like FMA. Both good animes but they arnt the best anime like people keep saying and then promptly changing their mind when the next hit thing rolls around.

Also im upset, I think I could have made that list much bigger if I tried...ah well.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
01-25-2009 12:35 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

I watched a few episodes of Full Metal, it wasn't all too bad, I guess if I watched it from the beginning I would of like it more. Still don't know how the hell that tin can soldier was his little brotherThinking.
01-26-2009 11:47 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??Need some anime recommendations...

Kulluminatii Wrote:I watched a few episodes of Full Metal, it wasn't all too bad, I guess if I watched it from the beginning I would of like it more. Still don't know how the hell that tin can soldier was his little brotherThinking.

If you listen to the story you figure out that he sealed his brother's soul onto the armor.

How he got his brother's soul, I'll never know.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
01-26-2009 06:55 PM
ROCKFISH Offline

RE:????Need some anime recommendations...

Kulluminatii Wrote:I like a mixture of Comedy-Romance-Action, basically everything (like Trigun). Vash is easily my fav. anime character of all time, love his personalityIcon_biggrin (only anime that I can stand the eng. sub of).

I have heard nothing but good things about Code Geass, so I will definitely have to check that out.

First of all, Code Geass was alright and provided some good times but it was over-hyped just like Death Note. (also death note and code geass basically have the same lead characters in a lot of ways so it felt the same for me)

Avalon Fates and others covered quite a few good anime and I'll give some more support and ideas. (also, can't believe you recommended Escaflowne.. I loved that show and no one else has ever seemed to watch it)

Cowboy Bepob seems to be a hands down for your criteria and it was very enjoyable..up on my favourite list.
For giant robot anime that are actually good I'd say Gundum Wing(or for a newer show Gundum 00/Seed but Wing is better in my opinoin imo), Neon Genesis Evangelion if you want a show with so much depth that you will never understand whats going on until you read the wiki, tengen toppa gurren lagann was very epic and will blow you away while providing a pure enjoyable time that makes you happy, for something even crazier I'd go with FLCL, and there's tons of other ones like Code Geass.
For your vampire lover with action you should check out Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D.
Not that I suggest this if you want to be "happy" but check out Elfen Lied sometime because it is worth the heartache.
For the slice of life genre(which you don't seem to be very into) go with Kanon'06, Clannad, or Air.
For the show with its own religion(or should I say cult) go with The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.(also a mind blowing show in terms of were they go with it)
For some fantasy action go with Fate/Stay Night though you have to watch it to the end cause that's what makes the show.

Well there's just the tip of the iceberg(my class is overLaugh ) really in anime, there's TONS more so search some out and give them a try..And remember don't judge it on some pictures or by reading a plot.

edit* Also, I think you meant to say Wolf Rain not "Wold", Fates. Good show though.

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2009 08:33 PM by ROCKFISH.)
01-26-2009 07:36 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

soo..many...animes...so....little...timeIcon_eek

In all seriousness, thanks RockFish for that awesome list. I thought there were probably only another handful of decent animes, but it seems like I was dead wrong. Now my biggest problem is, which one to watch first?

I would probably go with Cowboy Bebop first since Pandora said it was better then Trigun (which I highly doubtIcon_wink )..soo...

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Elfen Lied (add a little sadness to the mixLaugh )
3./4. Death Note/Code Geass (coin flip on which one goes first)
5. and on....no clue yetIcon_biggrin
01-27-2009 12:03 AM