Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some anime recommendations...
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Need some anime recommendations...

Pandora also said Kanon 06 was meh, which is a statement of her highly unreliable recommendation when it comes to anime. Icon_smile

01-27-2009 12:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Laugh , then again...you said Clannad was good...Icon_razz
01-27-2009 12:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

OH MY GOD HOW DID I NOT RECOMMEND FATE STAY NIGHT!!!

Fates fails at life.

On a side note Fate Stay Night the visual novel is just..Epic...in every way.

Enother Side Note, yah I meant Wolf Rain. Stupid spelling. Oh and after Ayu dissed FF8 I no longer trust her taste in Anime.

Uh..Fates out for now

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
01-27-2009 12:50 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

FF8 is totally awesome!

the card game of it, that is. Everything else can be disregarded about that game.

Clannad/Kanon 06 so should be in one of the ones you want to watch asap :D

01-27-2009 01:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ROCKFISH Offline

RE:??Need some anime recommendations...

Avalon_Fates Wrote:On a side note Fate Stay Night the visual novel is just..Epic...in every way.

The visual novel does have some very interesting scenarios though im not sure if it's for everyone...he did say he was 18 thoughNo1

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2009 06:41 AM by ROCKFISH.)
01-27-2009 06:41 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Kulluminatii Wrote:While Trigun is much more "happy-go-lucky" Gungrave is a hell of a lot more serious. I like both types of animes, but in these bad economic times, I guess I am aiming for more "happy-go-lucky" type of animesOk.

I don't want a anime that has 300+ episodes as you guys may have guessed from my starting sentence. I like the "standard" 26 episode animes.

So, with that being said, hopefully some of you guys can help me find some good animes.

1. Clannad. Quite refreshingly funny, but a bit too harem and too drama-ish IMHO... puhi puhi...

2. Akira. Classic. Nuff said.

3. Elfen Lied. Adult and funny in a more violent nature. A bit harem-ish too i guess...

4. FMA. Funny, a bit of action, quite light and refreshing.

5. Cowboy Bebop. Has become a classic to most, but to me somehow i prefer Champloo... perhaps it's just the jazz part... not too big a fan..

6. Samurai Champloo. Made by the same ppl who made 5, but it's rap and the setting is more down-to-earth (literally)... xP

7. FMP and FMP Fumoffou. I prefer the fumoffou for more laughs, but basically it's still enjoyable.

8. Ghost in a shell. Great blend of action and philosophy. More philosophy in the movie version IMHO, but the series are also great...

9. The Animatrix. If you liked no.8 (or a touch of philosophy and/or some background on the Matrix Trilogy), then go check out The Animatrix.

10. FLCL. Dysfunctional/crazy/absurd/outofthisworld/idontknowwhatelsetosay. Watch it.

11. Evangelion. I don't like mecha, but i enjoyed the philosophy. You said you watch Gundam, so i guess you'll like this.

12. One Piece. OK it's long and winding (more than the "normal 26" that you want), and truth be told i have only read a bit of it's Manga, but i now know why loads of ppl adhere to it. It's funny, it's crazy, it's touching in some parts. Great series.

13. Lucky Star! Funny how it should get number 13, but yeah LUCKY STAR is like crazy funny if you listen and understand what they're talking about. I'm not japanese, but i think i can understand most of their jokes and i believe so will you. And don't forget to watch the credits role!!

14. Sergeant Keroro. Dorameon-ish. Absurd and funny. Quite enjoyable for light watching...

15. For eye candy: Appleseed, Mononoke Hime, Spirited Away, Howl's moving castle, and other titles by Studio Ghibli.

16. For a tearjerker: Grave of the Fireflies... Cry

i guess that's all for now, i don't watch that much anime (just if and when i get access to them -> usually a friend of mine such as Xan-Xus comes along and copies them to my HDD or gives me a CD with the complete series), but i've pretty much given you the cream of the crop off the top of my head. There are loads more out there, so go browse around!

-w-

PS: if you find more enjoyable-yet-philosophically-deep or just plain crazy/absurd ones, post them here plox!

PSS: i enjoyed Death Note Manga more than the other versions, and even then i only enjoyed it until chapter 60-ish if i recall. Just before things get way over the writer's head...

PSSS: no, i don't like gundam. I tried watching a few episodes, but like Macross and Escaflowne, it just doesn't get me hooked... Saint Seiya and BT-X is also kinda good (and in a similar genre), so you might want to test them out... There's also that quite light and enjoyable anime with that guy who has a flexible sword that can call down a robot, but meh i forgot the name... wasn't too hooked on that either... And there was also a mecha police task force anime other than Patlabor, again i forgot the name...
01-27-2009 08:36 AM
ROCKFISH Offline

RE:??Need some anime recommendations...

mahawirasd Wrote:13. Lucky Star! Funny how it should get number 13, but yeah LUCKY STAR is like crazy funny if you listen and understand what they're talking about. I'm not japanese, but i think i can understand most of their jokes and i believe so will you. And don't forget to watch the credits role!!

Some good recommendations but Lucky Star is only good like you said if you can actual understand the jokes. It has references to over a dozen other animes and plays on common "otaku" jokes. Don't get me wrong, its a hilarious show and reminded me of Azumanga Daioh(very good but odd) but you really do need to have seen quite a few other anime to truly enjoy it I think.

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
01-27-2009 08:59 AM
Lostrix Offline
Rawr~

I kind of realized that, for an anime hater I watched quite a lot of stuff. It's not ALL bad, I guess the whole fuzz that's made about it just really pisses me off though.
I especially enjoy watching Cowboy Bebop, Beck, Afro Samurai and FLCL (pretty much in that order), and idk if anyone mentioned Petshop of Horrors but it's just win imho. Oh Animatrix is also really cool, I would never have thought of it by myself though, I dunno why.

[Image: magikarpsigyx9.png]
01-27-2009 09:02 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

that is so true rockfish...
and it puzzles me, but i do seem to be able to emphatize with people from different backgrounds which make me able to understand and appreciate the humor of jokes from all over the world even if i don't previously know what they were talking about... wikipedia comes in handy in these cases...
anyhoo, i don't think i've watched half as much anime or read half as much manga than most other people in this thread (i'm a geek, but i spend way much more time playing games than watching anime or reading manga etc... i don't even really own any manga be it hardcopy or softcopy and i mostly look at the daily comic strips...), yet i can still appreciate lucky star, that's why i believe others can enjoy it too...

i think Virginia Woolf once said something like:
"Humour is the first gift to perish in a foreign language"

perhaps if we can all try to put ourselves in other people's shoes, we can broaden our horizon about other things too...

-w-
01-27-2009 11:15 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

ROCKFISH Wrote:
Avalon_Fates Wrote:On a side note Fate Stay Night the visual novel is just..Epic...in every way.

The visual novel does have some very interesting scenarios though im not sure if it's for everyone...he did say he was 18 thoughNo1

Those dam Hentai scenes made the game worst. I was glad when they removed them in the updated version for the ps2.

"Quickly have sex or we are all gonna die" Its just to Fan-serviceness to be allowed to live I think, dont worry they fixed it in the anime.

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
01-27-2009 02:41 PM