Laugh

Sadly, its true.Icon_cry
02-05-2009 11:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Slate Offline
Cue-ball Warrior

RE: Need some anime recommendations...

My personal recommendations would include:

Lucky Star/Azumanga Daioh. Both very similar, and very funny. If you want something lighthearted and virtually plot-free that delivers on the laughs, go for one of these.

Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. Another comedy anime with little in the way of plot, though the humor tends to be slightly darker than the above another one I'd recommend if you want a good laugh.

Fullmetal Alchemist. Popular things are popular for a reason. FMA remains one of my favorite animes; it blends genres extremely adeptly: there's action, there's drama, there's mystery; there's nothing not to like.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Just finished watching this and its sequel series Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. Without giving away important plot details, essentially each arc begins lightheartedly, focusing on the antics of a group of schoolkids, but gradually one or more of the characters starts to lose a couple marbles and, fueled by paranoia, turns the show into a delightfully twisted psychological horror. After the plot reaches its violent conclusion, it rewinds to depict a different series of events with the same characters. Easily my favorite anime since encountering it.

Pretty sure these have all been mentioned already, but figured I'd give them some extra weight if I could; I'm a big fan of 'em. Icon_razz

[Image: 33918807.png]
Fortune Favors the Bald

Slate: 9x/6x Lord Knight
Basalt: 9x/50 Sage
Glass: 9x/50 Bard
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2009 05:40 PM by Slate.)
07-25-2009 05:35 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Wow, almost forgot about this topic Icon_biggrin. Since the last time I posted, I have watched Clannad(omg......), Code Geass(my fav anime now xD), and Death Note( was pretty cool, L is ftw>.<).

Clannad I was almost forced into watching by a friend from school...maybe if it wasn't as hyped I may have liked it more, but in the end, I would give it a 6/10 Sorry.

Code Geass, wow, a friend from RO was hyping this anime for weeks, and eventually I gave in. I thought it would be like Clannad, and not live up to the hype...but to my surprise...it exceeded the hype. This anime was like art...it was a masterpiece. Kind of wish I watched this anime later on because I feel like I wont enjoy any more animes after watching it Icon_razz. 10/10 imo.

Death Note, wow, it was amazing. If I had watched this before CG, I may have liked it more, but watching it after CG, I couldnt help but try to compare it. 9/10 for me No1.

So yeah, im looking for a handful of new animes to watch. Thanks for the suggestions Slate, I'll be sure to look into them, and all the other suggestions in the other 7 pages... Sweat
07-25-2009 07:06 PM
Yonanja Offline

My recommendations would be:

S.CRY.ED, lot's of action, and actually a relatively deep storyline as well.

Slayers, personally one of my top three best animes, got great humour and pretty good fighting scenes, tho if you're not into fantasy and magic it might not be something for you.

Full Metal Panic, this one is, in my opinion, one of the best animes ever. It's very well drawn, and the humour and action is great. If you just want to laugh the Fumoffu part is the one for you, tho I'd recommend watching it all from the start (there are three parts including Fummofu).

Orphen, also really good, tho as with slayers, if you're not into magic, not for you. Otherwise it got a pretty grim and sad story, great humour, not really all that much serious fighting tho.

Rune Soldier, don't watch this one if you want something serious, cause this is as far from serious as you can get a fantasy anime. About a migician, who uses his fists WAY more than his magic (or brain for that matter) that becomes the "champion" of a priestess (by a big accident).

Excel Saga, totaly random comedy. Can't say much more than that, this is as random as it get's I think.

These are all animes that fit with the normal series lenght by the wayIcon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2009 06:01 AM by Yonanja.)
07-26-2009 05:58 AM