People always kill me instantly DD:
cause no one lets me sit in pvp AAAAAAAAA
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why don't you PvP?
Astroboi Away

RE:??Why don't you PvP?

Cheesecake Wrote:ALSO I think it has been well determined Sinx can kill things in PVP, so randomly SBing everyone does not show skill, it just shows that you reached level 99 and base your build around one move. Skill is fighting people of equal or higher skill and winning, or taking down tanks, or solo MVPing or taking down end-game bosses. Some people don't seem to think "Skill" takes skill.

What's this nonsense?

1. Sonicblow is overated. 2s delay, reduced by def, can miss, etc, it will rarely do over 2k unbuffed on a well geared person. Why not name every class main skill with similar dmg % while you're at it? (Mammo, CT, backstab, shield chain, bowling bash, TSS, AV ...)

2. I can't remember any pvp regular SinX who -only- uses sonicblow, but in any case, why waste your time and SP doing various weaker skills when you know you can take down your target in a few stronger hits? That's called being smart, not lacking skills.

3. You contradict yourself;

skill = not using sonicblow
skill = fighting people and winning, taking down tanks and MVPs
But the best chances a SinX has at killing people and MVPs, and probably the only way they can take down tanks is by using Sonicblow (...)
05-08-2009 04:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE:??Why don't you PvP?

Cheesecake Wrote:PVP is fine, but people ruin it.
"oh noob i kill u stop whine fak"

I don't think I need to say much more. The taunting should not be part of PVP, nor should the simple killing for no reason or killing someone for the sake of because they complained?

I also think if you decide to kill someone in PVP you should exercise your ability to speak english a little better, because the way it is going its almost like the english people respect/don't kill/dont harass people and the non-english players torture everyone for the gun of it.

ALSO I think it has been well determined Sinx can kill things in PVP, so randomly SBing everyone does not show skill, it just shows that you reached level 99 and base your build around one move. Skill is fighting people of equal or higher skill and winning, or taking down tanks, or solo MVPing or taking down end-game bosses. Some people don't seem to think "Skill" takes skill.

Icon_biggrin Wow I love this gal.

Taunting is what makes PvP what it is, whoever wins gets the right to talk some smack around. I forgot what it was called exactly but it's like talking rights or something, I just can't say it atm.

Umm, it's PvP, not a chatroom, that's where you KILL random people, not socialize, if you don't wanna get burnt, stay away from Pyro.

Cheesecake Wrote:I also think if you decide to kill someone in PVP you should exercise your ability to speak english a little better, because the way it is going its almost like the english people respect/don't kill/dont harass people and the non-english players torture everyone for the gun of it.

Lawlz no comment.

Umm yea, last part, they aren't ganna change for you. Me personally, use atleast 6 skills and at max around 7~8. But yea, if you can't beat em as you are right now, learn to counter them.

Can't spell slaughter without laughter = D

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
05-08-2009 10:09 AM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

RE: Why don't you PvP?

That was quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on a forum, and for fear of starting and argument and being taunted by a bunch of people who think that killing people sitting still makes them cool I am going to refraim from responding to this thread in the future.

@Astroboi: I meant SD, not SB. Sorry. Posted late at night.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 06:27 PM by Cheesecake.)
05-08-2009 06:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PopPop Offline

RE: ??Why don't you PvP?

Monkey Feet Wrote:Taunting is what makes PvP what it is, whoever wins gets the right to talk some smack around. I forgot what it was called exactly but it's like talking rights or something, I just can't say it atm.

Bragging Rights?

IGN: Pop Pop | Creator | 94/xx | Death Dealer (for life)
IGN: Trichromatic | Professor | 85/5x | STD

rdj
[Image: AndysRobertDownyJrSignature1.png]
05-08-2009 08:35 PM
akamaru516 Offline
Ruff

i dont well kuz look at my siggy im weak so i cant kill ppl

RONPC Wiz 92/50
I Dunno What To Be Sage 60/35

"I'm a ninja."
"No your not."
"See that?"
"See what?"
"Exactly."
05-08-2009 08:47 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

Yea yea thanks Pop Pop, and shoo Cheese, really, because you just got corrected and can take it right? Icon_biggrin Kissy

05-09-2009 09:57 AM
Snejk Offline

I doubt anyone except snipers wouldn't get annoyed by the hit-and-run SBK sins who just deal you load of damage and cloak away. Especially in the middle of fight with someone else, since no one should interfere with a fight in PvP or start one without a warning.

Seriously, what fun it is to one hit kill a sitting defenseless noob that's many levels lower? PvP is here for people to seek challenge, not to go all "omg i pwnt u cuz im lvl 99/70 and u a novice loololololol".
05-09-2009 10:29 AM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

I personally love VSing any types of sins, exept EDP cause that's pretty cheesy, but yea, I love challenges.

Ummm, have you ever got 3 novies sitting in a row and just SFK them 1, 2, 3? It's hillarious, try it.

05-09-2009 04:26 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

I agree with cheesecake that those who decide to kill people should learn to speak better english. I am sick and tired of these random people who pops out of nowhere, kills random people and began screaming "noob. kil u!" and there was one who keeps going around with "dy" <-- thats how he spelled "die".

seems rude to me to just come in, pick on someone, harrass them continuously and then taunt them with nonsensical english. ok, that was weird. its like i am saying if anyone learns to speak better english they can be an ass.

nonetheless PvP room tends to be quite empty and allow quite a nice small cafe style atmosphere of chatting area. plus it allows random killing which is always a plus.

@ monkey: killing novi in pvp room is pure tradition. the more funny you can make it the better. just like collecting the skulls of 99-ers. going to pvp room as a novi and trying to survive for more than 5 sec is also a tradition.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
05-10-2009 12:19 AM
SeifuSnow Offline

Astroboi Wrote:
Cheesecake Wrote:ALSO I think it has been well determined Sinx can kill things in PVP, so randomly SBing everyone does not show skill, it just shows that you reached level 99 and base your build around one move. Skill is fighting people of equal or higher skill and winning, or taking down tanks, or solo MVPing or taking down end-game bosses. Some people don't seem to think "Skill" takes skill.

What's this nonsense?

I think Cheese might have meant Soul Breaker. o_o;
Considering how he states the player "builds themselves around one skill," generally one that Soul Breaks often (or ONLY does so) has high str/int/dex and isn't built for much more than that skill.
And for the record, Cheese, people use such skills generally when threatened. You say it takes "Skill" to have skill, yet you say such a thing only because you have every first-class skill available to you at your own disposal. To me, insta-cast SNs take no more skill than a Ninja, and that's saying quite a bit. Icon_razz
Also, to keep things right-minded, I'd like to state that most classes will have their own OP skills or builds, and it really depends on how you build them.

The List of OP:
Ninja will use Lightning Spear of Ice/Final Strike.
Gunslinger (though rare O_o) will use Full Buster/Tracking/Desperado.
Super Novice will insta-cast/Heal/Pneuma.
Assassin Cross will use Soul Breaker/EDP.
Stalker will use Full Strip then mutilate your naked body. ( /shy; )
Sniper will use Falcon Assault.
Clown/Gypsy will use Tarot/DS/Vulcan Arrow.
Paladin will use Pressure/Shield skills/Sacrifice.
Lord Knight will use Concentration, T-HQ, AuraBlade, and BB/BS.
High Wizard will use SG/FD-LoV/JT.
Professor will use Dispell, double bolts, or steal your SP.
High Priest will use Lex Divina, Lex Aeterna, and Holy Light.
Champion will use Asura.
Creator will Acid Demo or just sick their Homun on you.
Whitesmith will use Cart Term.

The List of Skill:
Ninjas will use throwing/shadow skills.
Gunslingers will take you from distance with ASPD/Crit and good guns.
Super Novice will get melee skills and Pneuma (STR Dagger Bash-Mammo ftw)
Assassin Cross (crit/Sonic Blow build) will fight melee with katars and a Chick Hat.
Stalker will fight you without stripping you. (Hard to imagine for me, besides Sekaru who I find to be quite pro.)
Sniper will kill you with a dagger! O: lmao. jkjk. They will trap/Arrow Shower and Charge/Phantasmic Arrow.
Clown/Gyspy will use Musical Strike or beat you with a guitar/whip.
Paladin will use Holy Cross/Bash/Mag Break/Shield Charge.
Lord Knight will use Bash/Mag Break and status-skills (Like Head Crush).
High Wizard will Bolt/Icewall/Firewall/Quagmire/Fire Pillar.
Professor will.. well.. beat you with knowledge! (Battle Prof + Book + Auto-Spell).
High Priest will be battle build, smashing you up with a Stunner, using skills like Lex Aeterna, DecAgi, and Holy Light. (Maybe just bad because of Lex Divina. o_o)
Champion will obviously be full combo and rape with a VVS ele Fist.
Creator will Demo/Acid (not Acid Demo, but the two seperate skills) and not rely so heavily on their homuns. (Like Indrah who I noted to be quite pro just using Firebolt. xD)
Whitesmith will just use buffs and smack the crap out of you without Cart Term.

So, to note the differences between the two lists, I am simply stating that almost all the trans skills are pretty OP. People that actually care to look like they (or if they really do) have skill will not resort to those skills. (Exceptions for extended classes, given the fact that they can't trans but are generally able to have quite a few builds.)

Classes that take TRUE skill to win with in PvP are Baby classes and first-classes. Every other class is "complainable" to me.

QQ - 8x Bragi Clown
Sun - 8x Shield Paladin
Bur - 8x Esma Soul Linker
Nekkid - 7x Battlesmith [Fisher]
Curio - 7x FS Sage
Bao - 6x Str SN [Gets Bait]
Human - 6x Caster Ninja
Win - Support Alche (Hom.: Lif)*
Crest - Baby Monk*
(*= Soon to be made)
05-21-2009 02:19 PM